• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can I trust this eBay buyer who has made an offer for my Xbox One X?

tylrdiablos

OP - have you considered emailing the guy, just to see what he says and to waste his time? (If he's pre-occupied with you, it leaves him less time to scam others.)
Just give him vague non-answers and try to see where it's going.
Do it through eBays own messaging system if possible. Don't give your out email/phone # if it's avoidable.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
OP - have you considered emailing the guy, just to see what he says and to waste his time? (If he's pre-occupied with you, it leaves him less time to scam others.)
Just give him vague non-answers and try to see where it's going.
Do it through eBays own messaging system if possible. Don't give your out email/phone # if it's avoidable.

I don't want to spend energy on this person. I've already told them via the message attached to my last rejection of their offer that I'm going to report them to eBay. So, hopefully they don't bother me again.

Are xbox one x systems hard to find now that MS don't make them anymore? all the new systems sold out all the new PC GPU's sold out.

they must be really hurting to play something.

BigBooper

Good handling of it. He wanted to do it outside of the Ebay deal and would have scammed you. I've sold probably 200 times on Ebay and have had a couple of scammers, but I caught them. Once a brand new account was bidding up an item against another couple of members, and two of them just happened to live in the same town in a state on the other side of the country. Then when the winning bid didn't pay, the other guy wanted to make me an offer.

There's some coincidences though that are just odd but turn out alright. I sold a DVD set of a cop show and the winner was in Kenosha, WI, right in the middle of their riots. I figured it would be stolen or something, but the guy just really wanted a show about cops in the midst of chaos.

pasterpl

op, i would not sell it to this guy, lots of these scammers on eBay. Unless guy has a lot of positive feedback it is probably time waster, you will spend money on postage and ultimately lose $$$

RubberedDucky

Neo Member
No, ebay offers are almost always scams in my experience. Turn them off and just lower price every few days until you get paid. I sold a bunch of stuff a few months ago and only like 20% of my sales were actually completed to the first buyer. Had to relist SO MANY items because of people not paying or trying to scam me. Ebay selling is a really poor experience and not worth the fees.

When something seems too good to be true, it usually is mate. :messenger_beermugs:

Hopefully the sale goes well for you so that you can enter next-gen a happy man!

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
No, ebay offers are almost always scams in my experience. Turn them off and just lower price every few days until you get paid. I sold a bunch of stuff a few months ago and only like 20% of my sales were actually completed to the first buyer. Had to relist SO MANY items because of people not paying or trying to scam me. Ebay selling is a really poor experience and not worth the fees.
Turn off offers and just do everything by the book. I accidentally left eBay offers on and just ignored all of them. Sold a bunch of shit including an old iPad and a Yamah mini guitar amp (abour $200 each) no problems whatsoever.

Top Bottom