Can or how do you think my PC can handle DOOM 3?

Jun 7, 2004
I have:

AMD Athlon 1.3 ghz processor
512 DDR RAM
GEFORCE 3

I know that they said a minimun 1.5 ghz processor, but since I'm so close to it anyway, I thought it might not make to big a difference. Or will it? What sacrifices to resolution and such may I have to make?

Will I get alot of good graphic features still? and doyou think it will look better than the XBOX version?

all help appreciated.

Jun 6, 2004
Le Mans, France
Yep..It's very close to the min. specs for the CPU and your GeForce3 is more powerful than the GeForce mx 440 so...:) Don't worry!

PS:take a good look at the benchmarks at HARDOCP and you will see your rig is still on course

EDIT:Like dark said,you should expect some frame drop here and here but it will still be a good experience!

Jun 7, 2004
Sirolf said:
Yep..It's very close to the min. specs for the CPU and your GeForce3 is more powerful than the GeForce mx 440 so...:) Don't worry!

PS:take a good look at the benchmarks at HARDOCP and you will see your rig is still on course

EDIT:Like dark said,you should expect some frame drop here and here but it will still be a good experience!

Thanks. What resolution should I play at you think? if I keep it lower, will I be able to get better performane in sonething else?

Jun 6, 2004
USA
blog.gattsu25.com
You should be good with lower settings

In most cases, lower resolutions bring better framerates...though I have seen quite a few odd eggs (like Morrowind that ran like ass until I bumped the resolution up to 1280*1024)

640*480 is a good start...if you PC can handle that and you think you can stand a framerate dip below that then try 800*600

Jun 7, 2004
Blazing Sword said:
Thanks. What resolution should I play at you think? if I keep it lower, will I be able to get better performane in sonething else?
Why don't you go look at that thread / article about hardware configurations and what settings they can play Doom 3 at?