• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can Skittles go bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggandI

Banned
I found some skittles in one of my kitchen cabinets. I cannot remember the last time I put stuff in this cabinet so it must have been a very, very long time ago. I see no expiration date so.. GAF?

P.S I have eaten most of the bag already, this is more of an after thought so if I go into shock or start pissing shit I'll know what did it.

NomarTyme

You already ate it? :lol

I heard Skittles were the Twinkies of the candy world...

Snuggler said:
Bad idea, dude, you might have to stick a finger down your throat to force a rainbow colored vomit.

Begging for a
Critter Crunch
gif!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Bad idea, dude, you might have to stick a finger down your throat to force a rainbow colored vomit.

DonMigs85

As long as the bag was wrapped up well and it's not too humid then it should be fine. Chew one first to see if it tastes a little off or has a weird texture. If it's bad don't swallow.

eggandI

Banned
Well they taste great, I think. They are just hard as rocks. Bottoms up

Snuggler said:
:lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
NomarTyme said:
Begging for a
Critter Crunch
gif!

Not a GIF, but it works...
2yuzhi0.jpg

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
The citric acid in skittles probable fermented some of the sugar into alcohol. So, that's a plus.

eggandI

Banned
Conceited said:
This is whats going to happen to you;

4pwjv7.jpg

I can only hope :lol :lol

dudeworld said:
usually they'd just turn really hard and the insides would be more powdery than chewy

source: I'm a skittles scientist

This is exactly what it was like.

So GAF, whenever you find a years-old skittles bag, fear not and devour it.

justjohn

eggandI said:
I found some skittles in one of my kitchen cabinets. I cannot remember the last time I put stuff in this cabinet so it must have been a very, very long time ago. I see no expiration date so.. GAF?

P.S I have eaten most of the bag already, this is more of an after thought so if I go into shock or start pissing shit I'll know what did it.
d0ROG.jpg

Kozak

Banned
No.

Over used by date candy is the shit!! Sour candy is actually sour after its use by date!

A factory in Sydney sells candy over its use by date and we used to buy em in bulk.

BEST TASTING CANDY EVER!

Marvie_3

Banned
dudeworld said:
usually they'd just turn really hard and the insides would be more powdery than chewy
This. We found a box of several month old Skittles at this place I used to work. So we tried them. They were really crunchy but other than that they were fine.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I once left cooked hamburger helper on the stove over the weekend, came home, heated it up and ate it.
I was fine, except for the mud butt.

I think you'll be ok.

Persona7

Banned
missbreedsiddx said:
I once left cooked hamburger helper on the stove over the weekend, came home, heated it up and ate it.
I was fine, except for the mud butt.

I think you'll be ok.
Sugar is one thing, but ground beef left out for more than a few hours?....

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
eggandI said:

They'd only potentially go bad if they got wet. Sugar doesn't rot unless it gets moist.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Here's another question:

why don't the people who make skittles package them in certain color combos? i'd buy them more often if they had a pack with just red and purple ones. I dont need that shitty yellow or green in there.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yes, they have a shelf life of 1 year from when they were produced. There should be a printed code on the back in a white rectangle which represents when it was made, its about 7ish characters long. The first number is the last digit of year it was made, the second two are for the week that year. So anything lower then 913xxxx is expired.

Look for that code harder. Most likely, they are bad though.

does sugar even go bad?
Actually, no, pure sugar really does not have an experation date, all you have to do is store it properly and it should be good for ever. The chemicals in almost all processed foods DO have an expiration date though.

why don't the people who make skittles package them in certain color combos? i'd buy them more often if they had a pack with just red and purple ones. I dont need that shitty yellow or green in there.
Mars did try that in anther form, Starburst that only had 4 kinds of red flavors! No one bought them :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom