• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can someone please REE-splain to me how Aliens can be offensive

Mohonky

The only thing that comes to mind is when Hudson asks Vasquez if she’s ever been mistaken for a man..and she replies “No. Have You?!” and they all laugh and high five her. I guess that’s damaging to some sensitive people.

When I saw this thread, this is the only thing that popped up in my head.

Maybe because Ripley called the Queen a bitch, and that's misogynistic.

Also, no one likes the cornbread.

Last edited:

TDiddyLive

Aliens is one of my fave movies ever, must have seen it 100s of times and I was completely unaware Vazquez was not Latino.
She plays the role amazingly well and is my second fave character in it. (After Hudson obviously)
Oh I 100% agree with you. I’m just pointing out how ridiculous people are that actual complain about her.

violence

Jenette Goldstein can't catch a break. They DNRed her freckles off the T2 4k blue-ray and to a lesser extent her Vazquez character is offensive and problematic to the blue-haired poison-dart-frog people.

peish

We are already past the point where virtue signallers are no longer virtue signalling for real cause but to score tiktok points

Tiktok is my general definition of stupidity on the internet

GymWolf

The jokes at the beginning between the pussy soldier and the man looking woman soldier is the only thing i can think off.

(Forgot the names)

Last edited:
Top Bottom