• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can we please take a moment to appreciate Jean-Claude Van Damme's film career?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Because the man fucking deserves it.

aa3b9e97.jpg

bfc4ecf0.jpg

2fa528d3.jpg

bba5796d.jpg

Classics.

Dude also had the quintessential male physique:

2431940,gw1wsgupFX5UiXKfaAdCYwcyx0iYFDcQHqdSFraYF9PUuQZpM6LPlArm0UA5ENB2KSQKrAPtYcJjzPcJVNgyTw==.jpg

Jacked like a motherfucker.

Also, let's not forget one of the greatest pieces of music in film history. If 1:21 doesn't pump you the fuck up, you need to get out forever. Get out of LIFE.

Bleepey

I am still upset with myself that i have reached almost 25 years on this earth and have not seen Bloodsport or if i have i have not seen it since i was a child. I might have to buy the DVD just cos.

Nykad

blood sport is still the shit. really didn't like his other movies much though. although time cop was pretty good.

Suairyu

Banned
I actually don't like that many of his films. I find the choreography boring.

JCVD was absolutely stunning, though. Had a career-highlight action scene from him at the beginning and it wasn't even an action film.

Switters

Breakin. Someone post that fucking gif and call it a night.

Also, No retreat No surrender is a small chunk of my childhood.

Also, I used to ride city transit buses 12 miles to the mall the watch JCVD movies by myself.

I guess I kinda love the guy.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
One of the finest actors ever, waaaay above schwarznegger

Guy made my childhood

edit, what the hell OP? Where's Street Fighter?

ELLf5.jpg

RIP Raul Julia

I am still upset with myself that i have reached almost 25 years on this earth and have not seen Bloodsport or if i have i have not seen it since i was a child. I might have to buy the DVD just cos.

I had wanted to own Bloodsport for a while, so I went to look for it on bluray. Found a two movie blu-ray, it had Bloodsport and Timecop on the same disc for $10.00. I looked frantically through the store for a blu-ray with just Bloodsport, I probably would have paid a premium to NOT have Timecop, lol.

Alas, no luck, and now a copy of Timecop taints my movie shelves.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Bloodsport is one of my favorite movies of all time. Basically grew up watching JCVD movies.

Kanyon

Bloodsport and Kickboxer are pretty much my two favourite movies of all time. Never get tired of watching them.

Two other favourites are Cyborg and No Retreat, No Surrender. Cyborg is an underrated classic in my opinion and NRNS is just comedy gold for JCVD playing a Russian bad guy.

IF YOU THEENK IM GORN BE HEEZ PUNCHEEN BAHG. YOU CAN FORGEDABOUD OUR DEAL.

Why don't you quit round eye!

I grew up worshipping Bloodsport. Always tried to do the splits, but it would always hurt :(

Mia Sara was totally naked in that one.
It actually wasn't Mia Sara, it was some girl with jacked up teeth with pubes showing.

My favorite scene from Kickboxer: "But can he move like me?"

This recent meeting between JCVD and Bolo Yeung brought joy to me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxPDbBv5PGA

I grew up worshipping Bloodsport. Always tried to do the splits, but it would always hurt :(

YOU'RE NUT GUNNA CALL DA COPS?

And yes, as a kid I would imitate Bloodsport a lot - much to the enjoyment of my parents when I would do the powder scene/Van Damme making cat sounds.

ReBurn

Gold Member

It actually wasn't Mia Sara, it was some girl with jacked up teeth with pubes showing.

That was another chick. When Ricky was f*cking the machine. The love scene early in the movie is what I was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom