• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can we please take a moment to appreciate Jean-Claude Van Damme's film career?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scitek

Yeah looking back on it, His was pretty bad.

bloodsport20ekq4.gif

This thread has my heart <3

Bless you JCVD. You gave me so many found childhood memories.

Really the only reason I'll be giving Expendables 2 a go.

You know what man? I remember going to a theater and watching it with my dad and all that does is make me hate hollywood even more. I'll never get to take my very underage child to see any cool action flicks because they are all neutered for a PG-13 rating.

Yup.

It's a cultural emasculation.

Disgusting, really.

http://img.movieberry.com/static/photos/17136/poster.jpg[IMG]

I love Sudden Death. I have no idea why.[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU!!! I'm not alone. Also for good measure

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/72/Lion-Heart-Poster.jpg/220px-Lion-Heart-Poster.jpg
220px-The_quest.jpg

also in middle school I actually pulled out JCVD's signature yeeeeaaaaaaaaa!!!! in a few fights.

Sapiens

i approve this goddamn message so hard.

JCVD is the man. It is because of him, i was inspired to learn the splits when i was younger, totally impressing all the elementary school twats. I remember doing 300 situps a day to get a little middle school six pack because this man.

This thread made me realize how much he has affected my life.

The song in the OP is now my anthem to running.

He had a reality show recently and he is awesome to animals, and his family is super close, fame has not fucked with him, it would dare to.

i love the muscles from brussles

Picture+27.png

Pretty sure he was a giant coke head in the nineties.

TheExodu5

Banned
Which movie of his has a bunch of 1 on 1s in an arena? I recall one scene where a sumo wrestler just runs into a small guy at the start of the match and knocks him out.

AAequal

Banned
Loved his late 80s and early 90s films. Rest of the 90s stuff varied from decent to good, getting together with Rob Schneider was really bad tho. 00s was awful decade for him (except for JCVD which is really, really good). I did enjoy In Hell and Until Death to some degree but rest of his action flicks were just terrible, still better then Seagal. I really wonder what kind of awesome movies the man would have done without the drugs.

Endo Punk

Well I'll be Damme'd. One of my favourite action actors. I enjoyed majority of his movies. No one can hate on JCVD, he is such an awesome guy. Glad to see his finally going to be on the big screen again with EX2.

HeySeuss

You bleed like Mai Li. Mai Li gooooooood fock!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
The funniest part is the way he acts, it seems like he's mad at her for being raped. She reaches out to touch him and he pulls away from her like he's the victim.

I laugh every time.

Ricky_R

This thread gets my highest approval. The dude had me kicking everybody in my house for years.

Personal favs.

Lionheart
Bloodsport
Maximun Risk
Time Cop
Cyborg
Kick boxer

Honorable mentions:

All of the remaining ones.

My uncle said he saw Van Damme once in Rome sunbathing naked with a sock over his cock. Apparently, it wasnt a big sock.

His best line in SF: The Movie

Have you lost your mind?!

"NO! Have you lost your balls!"

This thread gets my highest approval. The dude had me kicking everybody in my house for years.

Personal favs.

Lionheart
Bloodsport
Maximun Risk
Time Cop
Cyborg
Kick boxer

Honorable mentions:

All of the remaining ones.

For some reason the bolded had me laughing at work.

I approve and appreciate this thread. JC will always be one of my favorite action stars. A god like figure to me. In watching all the episodes of behind closed doors on you tube, I appreciate him even more as a person.

I have been following his career from day one, and while he succumbed to drugs many years ago, and it led to his straight to DVD hell for over a decade. I for one can't wait to see him redeem himself in EX2. He already proved himself to me in JCVD, but my hero will once again grace the big screen this summer.

He has overcome his deamons, and I applause him for that. The thing that always interested me in him was how hard he dedicated himself to his craft. He wanted to be more than an action star. He wanted to improve as an actor. See the movie In Hell if you dont believe me.
That is more than I can say for Steven Seagal, who seems content with eating himself to death, and speaking with a strange southern draw that came out of no where and is prevalent in all his latest movies.

JC prides hi self with staying in shape and actually respects the craft more than you guys think.

My hero till the end.

Maximum Risk
Universal Soldier
Bloodsport
Lionheart
D

HylianTom

Banned
Oh.. I appreciate Jean-Claude Van Damme all right.. Yum. :)

And when my Aunt & Uncle would have all nine of their nieces and nephews over for regular sleepovers, while all the girls would be upstairs doing girly things, the boys would be downstairs with video games and action flicks on HBO. JCVD's movies were a staple of my childhood. Cool thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom