• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can we please talk about how Sonic Runners, a kids game, lets you gamble with money?

I think I've said this before, but there's no way this won't get regulated down the line. You are literally gambling in every sense of the word with a system like this.

Point a finger at Google while you're at it (Apple, too, but I don't use their store). These companies know what is going on; they provide the billing mechanisms and customer support for IAP, and they are content to take their cut.

Qwark

So its the EA system, spend a bit of time grinding credits to purchase a "grab bag" or just throw down cash and get the same random crap.

Really depends on the time to grind red rings i suppose. Doesnt make it any less troublesome though.

Huh, never thought of that. I actually really like EA's system, especially in Garden Warfare. But that doesn't really feel like grinding... and this Sonic game seems really scummy. Maybe I'm a hypocrite. Now I'm confused.

Fisty

Huh, never thought of that. I actually really like EA's system, especially in Garden Warfare. But that doesn't really feel like grinding... and this Sonic game seems really scummy. Maybe I'm a hypocrite. Now I'm confused.

Mass Effect 3, Battlefield 4, and Dead Space 3 all did this as well... some better than others. ME3's grind time to the top Spectre pack or w.e. was wayyy too long and locked classes and such in them, but BF4s battlepacks were practically window dressing that was almost useless which made them easy to ignore. ME3 had free DLC though, so i guess you take the bad with the good when it comes to EA.

Top Bottom