• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

can we sell items on here? ebay & paypal questions FS: Castlevania Aria of Sorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellaiced

Hey, I've always browsed these boards but I have some items that I thought about selling and was wondering if I could post about them here. They would go in the off-topic discussion, I'm assuming. I don't have an ebay acccount yet so I was actually wondering if someone could tell me about ebay, how it's set up and stuff like that. Also What is the deal with Paypal? I see it on like every auction and I know it has a bit to do with your bank account but outside of that I don't know much. Could someone help me with this? If I can't sell items on here, mods please edit my post and take that out and just leave the ebay and paypal questions. Thanks

Main thing that I'm looking to sell is Castlevania Aria of Sorrow for GBA, brand new still sealed, USA version. You can pm me or message me on aim - Hellacious1789 if you want pictures. I'd be asking for money orders only until someone could explain paypal and ebay to me. $35 shipped.

Nikashi

Banned
Okay, since I'm actually an eBay CSR, I figure I should help you out.

To sell items, you first need to register on eBay (of course), then you need to add your credit card and a checking account (if you're american. Just CC if you're Canadian), and that will open a seller's account.

When you list an item, you are charged for the listing based on the starting price, and what options you are using. You are also charged a Final Value Fee when the item sells, based on the selling price.

PayPal is a secure online payment service that lets you accept credit cards for a small fee on each payment (it's something like 3%). The funds are put into your PayPal account, which you can then have transferred to a bank account. Also, if you are paid with someone's PayPal account funds, rather than a credit card, there's no surcharge.

ShyGuy

Nikashi said:
Also, if you are paid with someone's PayPal account funds, rather than a credit card, there's no surcharge.
This is NOT true, at least, it wasn't as of about 3 months ago I think.

I transferred money $200 from my Canadian bank account into my paypal account, which took 8 days.

Then I "sent money" to a friend in Australia using his paypal account, and he got charged something like AU$17 or whatever.

It was sent through my paypal funds, not from my credit card or from my bank account, so why the surcharge???

Please explain that, I'm very curious as to why he got charged when it says any payments made from paypal funds do not incur the surcharge, as you suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom