• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can you believe summer is almost over...??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet1911

Beyond excited that its almost over.

Time for pumpkin everything ! (beer, coffee, sweets, foods, candles, lotions, etc etc etc !)

Fall is my absolute favorite time of year :)

Yes!

Fall look so good to.

imagew2fyt.jpg

Can't wait for Starbucks to start selling their spicy pumpkin latte!

Mully

This used to be the second most depressing time of year for me. The first being between the middle of January and March.

Now I love it. The weather is just right. Everything is comfortable. It's the perfect time of the year to just relax. I wish it was like this all of the time.

Summer is never ending (lives in miami)

I guess missing the cold bite and loving the cold tile floor in the morning means I'm a winter person.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
This is like mentioning to a pitcher that he's throwing a perfect game. Not cool dude.

Mii

Banned
For the first time for me in 4 years, end of summer means start of school. Its weird adjusting back to this from adulthood.

Daft Bird

Are you kidding there is another month left before school for me! I don't start until the 26th of September. I really just plan on relaxing and browsing GAF until then.

Dash_

If autumn and winter weren't so wet and miserable, I wouldn't mind them as much. Wish summer hadn't turned into such a damp squib for most of this month.

mrkgoo

Being in the Southern Hemisphere, it feels like it has been a loooong winter. Can't wait for more daylight and warmth.

Fuck yes.. I work mostly at night and when its summer I cannot fucking run/bike during the day on a park or trail because its hot as shit here in texas. At least now it's about to get bearable to me. Feels good to do all my extracurricular shit w/o being all sweaty andvfeeling burnt.

hitsugi

We still got about 2 months of pure heat here in Cali, I can't wait for it to disappear. Fall and Winter the GOATs.

Yup. CA (particularly Los Angeles and the valley) summer weather is usually from March through October at the very least. This year we've had consistent 90-100 degree weather so far. Last year the heat stayed until late-October.

painey

my internship starts in 2 weeks in Nashville, and I still don't have a place to live.. it's all happening too fast

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Fall is the best season, but short lived here in Michigan. A week or two into November and you get that chill down your spine...winter is coming. ⛄️

oxidax

I cant remember any really really hot day this summer. I think it went up to 97 degrees but thats pretty much about it. Last year we got 100 and I think I even remember a 103.

Does that mean winter is going to be mercilessly cold?

/NY

We hada really cold summer this year. Between 20 and 25°C most f the time, sometimes a little more, but sometimes the temperature went down to 15°. If you compare that to last year: 35-40°C for weeks.

So pretty good actually, at least for people like me. I can't stand the heat.

SaskBoy

I'm looking forward to summer being over and going back to school so I don't have to work at my shitty summer job anymore.

Zoille

I live in the UAE and I can't wait for summer to end. Peak temperature is around 50C (around 120F). It's a pain.

summer is too hot and muggy. Autumn is the goat season due to weather, leaves changing and such. Also my birthday is during Autumn

BashNasty

My friends and I always save the best for last.

I'm heading up to a cabin on a lake in northern Minnesota in just a few days, I'll be there for a week. We go fishing, we have jet skis, we have a boat, we have the stars in the sky. It's the best time of the summer for me and I always save it for the end.

In a way, summer hasn't even started yet.

Summer's been gone for for almost three weeks here in the Netherlands.

Real shame, because I've spent most of June and July moving to a new place (when the weather was good). I did go to France earlier this summer, just two weeks though.

Work sucks.
Summer's Gone

hertog

Been working a lot this summer. July was hell, way too hot and humid.
The only fun part were the many blockbusters this summer and a quick trip to London.

Can't wait for cold weather and my 2 weeks vacation in September.

Fall is coming, that means Christmas is also near :)

big_z

here in Canada is pretty much over. we get two months summer, two transition months and 8 months of snow. as a kid I didn't mind too much but now in my 30's it makes me depressed.

gimmmick

I live in Vegas, summer seems like it last for 5 months of they year (starts May and doesn't end till the end of September).

Went to NYC for the first time, did the touristy thing. Broke up with my girl and yankee stadium and now I feel like I'm going through the motions waiting for the next adventure in my life. Been looking for a new job yet still just dealing with the BS that management has associated with it.

Goodlife

As always, we've not taken advantage of it :(

Living in the UK I should have learnt by now to make hay while the sun shines, but always seem to put off those summer activities until next week.... and next week usually brings rain and cold weather.

:(

Are well, going to try and fit in a couple more camping trips while it's still just about warm enough.

Go_Ly_Dow

Yesterday I went for a bike ride across some countryside as I was bored. Towards the end I stopped in a beautiful untouched piece of land and watched the sun pierce through the clouds and glisten through the trees with my sun glasses on and produce a golden flare across the area. There were no people, no unnatural sounds and was surrounded by flowing grass and nature itself. Whilst taking this all in there was a gentle breeze gently caressing cotton trees which in turn filled the air with its fluffy seeds. Each seed was illuminated by the golden light to create a stunning spectacle all around the valley.

I stood there in awe and it then hit me that indeed, summer is coming to an end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom