• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canada deported hundreds to war-torn countries: government data (Reuters)

RinsFury

I would expect this from Harper, but I am beyond disapointed that Justin Trudeau would continue this disgusting bullshit. What the hell.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Refugees are facing an 11 year wait time just to have a claim hearing. Canada is taking in more than it can handle.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I would expect this from Harper, but I am beyond disapointed that Justin Trudeau would continue this disgusting bullshit. What the hell.
Are you of the opinion that all people who claim refugee status should be let in? Or all people from particular countries? If it's just particular countries, which ones and why?

Kyzer

Banned
TORONTO (Reuters) - Canada has deported hundreds of people to countries designated too dangerous for civilians, with more than half of those people being sent back to Iraq, according to government data obtained by Reuters.

I don't see the problem here. The fact that you guys can read this and think to shit on Trudeau is worrying. Its a very small number of deportations and considering they were deemed dangerous people ...ok?

diaspora

249 people across what? 3 years?

edit: So people coming in from the US are being sent back to country of origin too.

Do you have any more objective sources that talk about this?

This isn't exactly an subjective source. It cites various sources, NGOs like Human's Rights Watch, Amnesty International etc. or reports from the UNHCR. If you want to read more about it, I suggest you look at one of those.

I don't see the problem here. The fact that you guys can read this and think to shit on Trudeau is worrying. Its a very small number of deportations and considering they were deemed dangerous people ...ok?

Not the people were deemed dangerous, but the countries they were deported to.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
This isn't exactly an subjective source. It cites various sources, NGOs like Human's Rights Watch, Amnesty International etc. or reports from the UNHCR. If you want to read more about it, I suggest you look at one of those.
Thanks, I am actually curious - reading (some of) the link you provided gave me an idea of a bit of the argument for taking in all claimants from Afghanistan, but I'm not really sold on all of them, and felt like I was reading something that was really pushing an agenda (and it might not even be a bad agenda, but I like to start as unbias as possible).

Thanks, I am actually curious - reading (some of) the link you provided gave me an idea of a bit of the argument for taking in all claimants from Afghanistan, but I'm not really sold on all of them, and felt like I was reading something that was really pushing an agenda (and it might not even be a bad agenda, but I like to start as unbias as possible).

Nothing wrong with that, looking at the sourced reports etc. is always a good idea.

Top Bottom