• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canada wants America to know that it's so great

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Via the New York Times

The presidential campaign has exposed deep divides in American society and left many in every political party anxious about the future. During this time of political tension, our neighbors to the north have one thing to say: America is just great.

Some Canadians watching as American politics have hit rock bottom in recent weeks decided that the United States needed a cross-border pep talk. Thus was born a social media campaign called “Tell America It’s Great,” complete with a hashtag, a Twitter account and a series of YouTube videos.

“Hey, guys!” says one cheerful man in the campaign’s main video, which was filmed on webcams and smartphones. “We’re just up here in Canada talking about how great you guys are down there, and we thought we’d just send you a little bit of a love note.”

His testimonial is followed by two dozen more Canadians warmly praising the United States for things like its diversity, its space program and for being the birthplace of Biggie Smalls and Tupac Shakur.

“You guys are great,” one woman on the video says. A second woman, sitting besides her, agrees: “You really are great.”

Haha! Oh Canada! You and your excessive politeness! And so friendly!

Translation: Please don't elect the racist, authoritarian tangerine. We don't think we can handle that many American refugees.

Kthulhu

7MXVz.gif

Thanks for being our hat, Canada. You're alright.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Thanks Canada.

Ny5vFo2.gif

Oh god America and Canada as Shawn and Gus makes too much damn sense.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Canadians shit their pants?

... sorry.

This is an interesting Campaign though, haha. I can't help but feel that we often talk -too- much about the U.S. I mean I get that it's a close neighbour and the most powerful country in the world, but we need more shit going on in our own country, I think.

Like, we don't even talk about Canadian politics here anymore. We need someone to whip their duck out or something on live TV.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
As a Canadian allow me to translate this into American for you.

Translation: "Please stay the fuck out. You people are out of your god damned fucking minds and we really don't want you here. Go away, we don't care if you elect Trump and want to leave, seriously stay out."

Oppo

As a Canadian allow me to translate this into American for you.

Translation: "Please stay the fuck out. You people are out of your god damned fucking minds and we really don't want you here. Go away, we don't care if you elect Trump and want to leave, seriously stay out."

sorry about this one, yanks. cheap meds, you see. have a good one eh!

i-Lo

Makes sense to me as a Canadian. Only the greatest country in the world could have someone like Trump run for as long as he has.

The Kree

Banned
You're just saying that because you want us to stay away from you. I know your tricks, Canada. We love talking about moving to Canada whenever an election doesn't go our way, but don't worry, we can't afford to leave. We're all talk.

dream

It's funny because Americans don't know that we're being sarcastic.

#StayWinningCanada
#StayLosingAmerica

Lol, seriously. Even after the sarcastic "the civil rights movement in America is really great," the Americans still can't detect that they're being made fun of.

This is clearly counter-programming by Canada to try and stave off the mass exodus from America to Canada November 9th

WE'RE COMING CANADA, YOU CAN'T STOP US!

What do you mean we need a passport to get into Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom