• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canada wants America to know that it's so great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude Abides

Banned
Aw, cute, Canadians saying condescending things.

HeDd6n6.gif

Sesha

The US has fallen so far that it's getting pity from Canada. Congrats guys, you've officially hit rock bottom.

as a Canadian I hate this shit. Stupid people continue thinking that it's so great up here cuz "at least we're not as bad as America"

We legit are great. Sure, it's no utopia but every time I hear a shit story about America and just their terrible policies I think, "I was so lucky to come out of a Canadian". I sometimes think what if I was poor and American and I'm overcome with dread.

Hari Seldon

Thanks Canada, we appreciate the thought.

However, we already know we're great every time we look at the mountain of Stanley Cups we have sitting in our backyard.

Your god damn right.

there are many Trump supporters in Canada at a 30% proportion

we have our nut jobs here too

I have found northern rural US and rural Canada to be virtually indistinguishable in terms of the types of people and cultural values you find. I have met plenty of Canadians who were straight out of the Red Green show lol.

Canadian here, I love you guys, I like to visit often, and you guys never fail to keep me entertained, whether by the great movies and shows you put out or your real life shenanigans.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
When I visited NC this summer, this Canadian got to discover the splendor that is sweet tea. You got that going for you at least, America.

I can't wait until I can return, America is a country with a rich history

Did you try the Cheerwine? It's amazing.

Pretty sure America could takeover Canada without a fight if they promised everybody Cheerwine.

Piggus

We legit are great. Sure, it's no utopia but every time I hear a shit story about America and just their terrible policies I think, "I was so lucky to come out of a Canadian". I sometimes think what if I was poor and American and I'm overcome with dread.

I always find this shit hilarious, as if you think we're all living in some sort of hell. looool

anaron

this mindset just stunts our own country from bettering itself IMO. Canada is good, but it needs to be a lot better.

Piggus

Aren't you?

Don't you wish we all did in order to validate what you read on the internet? :)

It truly amazes me how smug some Canadians are. SOME. Because most of y'all are great. It's not worth being a dick to your neighbor just because you don't share the exact same values or aren't dealing with the same problems. Why not focus on your own problems and let us deal with our own?

I think as Canadians we should just keep our smug sense of satisfaction to ourselves. Not in order to not offend anyone else, but because it's just more satisfying to not deign to comment on anything.

(I'm joking, Canada has at least a few serious problems, and I think our collective insecurity about our minute status in global politics can serve as a distraction from turning our attention inwards to our own policies and problems).

I just discovered that Nunavut is a province. It didn't exist, separate from the NW Territories, when we covered Canadian geography in school. Would be a good place to set up shop if I was a climate scientist.

Thanks for the education Canada-Gaf.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Don't you wish we all did in order to validate what you read on the internet? :)

It truly amazes me how smug some Canadians are. SOME. Because most of y'all are great. It's not worth being a dick to your neighbor just because you don't share the exact same values or aren't dealing with the same problems. Why not focus on your own problems and let us deal with our own?

As an American, it's hilarious to read you complaining about CANADIANS being smug. I mean, did you even read this thread? People from the states have unwarranted smugness down to a science.

We learned it from watching you!

pr0cs

This shit is embarrassing, I feel bad as a Canadian to even be related to this crap.
Must be started by some toolbags out east.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom