• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

CRA5H

I don't think I can rely on my Toys R Us connection to get me a Lucario tomorrow so trading for him seems to be my only option. Currently have a couple trades set up for a Lucario (for my Shulk and Metaknight). If they aren't able to get a Lucario, let me know if you want in on this action.

GTA only for meetup :)

I don't think I can rely on my Toys R Us connection to get me a Lucario tomorrow so trading for him seems to be my only option. Currently have a couple trades set up for a Lucario (for my Shulk and Metaknight). If they aren't able to get a Lucario, let me know if you want in on this action.

GTA only for meetup :)

I am going to do my best to get an extra Lucario. Would like to trade for a Meta Knight potentially. How far south are you willing to drive? Burlington?

antibolo

Banned
Just went to my local TRU (Pointe-Claire) at opening. They only had the goddamn fucking common ones. I asked a clerk and he had no idea what I was talking about when I said that some other TRUs had already started selling the new wave.

(Yes, I changed my mind, I still want Rosalina. I'm still angry about yesterday and I feel like I won't get any sense of closure until I have it.)

djblue89

Just went to my local TRU (Pointe-Claire) at opening. They only had the goddamn fucking common ones. I asked a clerk and he had no idea what I was talking about when I said that some other TRUs had already started selling the new wave.

(Yes, I changed my mind, I still want Rosalina. I'm still angry about yesterday and I feel like I won't get any sense of closure until I have it.)

Was going to go there after work, you saved me the trip even though it's right beside work

Wow, saw the new thread and decided to catch up on the other one to see the fallout. Wish I hadn't, honestly. But this thread is great.

So, I take it Friday is the official day to start the hunt at FS/BB? Might stop by there at lunch that day before hitting the gym. I'm also gonna wait for the N3DS demo at the local BB there. Did anybody else go to one of those events? Was it pretty packed?

Listen buddy. This thread is to discuss amiibos. You want to discuss anything else, make your own thread. *lol* I kid. I kid.

PM me your email address. First sign of a Rosalina sale online that I see, I'll email you. You still have ebgames, tru, and walmart. And for that matter amazon with the way things went the first time they put her up.

Listen buddy. This thread is to discuss amiibos. You want to discuss anything else, make your own thread. *lol* I kid. I kid.

Technically it was about amiibos! Totally want to know if I should bother going into those stores before the rush for them (although who knows how many people have more available time than me...). Especially if there's a Nintendo event at 4pm haha. But yeah, if they're available Friday then I might go in at lunchtime. Need my Ike/DDD. Shulk is probably a lost cause because lol ebgames. =|

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
A Pokemon Amiibo series would be unholy. You see how much trouble we have collecting Smash Amiibos? Smash Bros is a less popular series compared to Pokemon. Pokemon Amiibo would put families in a state of utter chaos. Future mainline Pokemon games having Amiibo support is a very likely possibility. They could very well unlock secret areas to catch Pokemon, get items, and battle trainers one couldn't normally do in game,

No doubt Nintendo's going to do this though.

Not that it would make it anymore viable for someone to buy an Amiibo of every Pokemon, but Nintendo did talk about doing cheaper, smaller Amiibo. And that think that would fit pretty well with huge collections in Pokemon and Animal Crossing might have.

Asking again, what happened to the amazon Rosalina pre-order from last week?

Also once again, if you want a Rosalina or Wii Fit for a Mega Man let me know via pm

I haven't been following the Amiibo thing for a while.

Is King Dedede already out or what? The Amiibo web site only says February, so that's no help.

CRA5H

I am going to do my best to get an extra Lucario. Would like to trade for a Meta Knight potentially. How far south are you willing to drive? Burlington?

Ah that's a bit far. I can only go as far as Yorkdale Mall because I'm coming from Stoufville. Again, this is only if my other two trades don't go through but I've confirmed with one of them that they will be able to do it. I will keep you posted Legend. ;)

Begbie

Asking again, what happened to the amazon Rosalina pre-order from last week?

Also once again, if you want a Rosalina or Wii Fit for a Mega Man let me know via pm

What about the amazon preorder with Rosalina? I got one in but I don't have a delivery date yet (same with Mega Man).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I haven't been following the Amiibo thing for a while.

Is King Dedede already out or what? The Amiibo web site only says February, so that's no help.

Yes, Dedede is out. Received mine from Amazon.ca last Friday. He's one of the 'rare' ones though, apparently, so good luck with the hunt!

I was just asking about Rosalina & Ike at EB Games and the lady there told me that some of their stores were expecting to receive extremely limited quantities of Rosalina later today.

Anyone have any luck getting one?

espher

Is it the one that transformed into a Boswer link? I just haven't heard anything from it since last week when it popped up.

fyi that's because there is one "landing page" for amiibo on Amazon's site and you need to pick specific amiibo from it. It used to be a dropdown menu and now it's individual icons or w/e.

I was just asking about Rosalina & Ike at EB Games and the lady there told me that some of their stores were expecting to receive extremely limited quantities of Rosalina later today.

Anyone have any luck getting one?

Yup can confirm. I just called my EB and they said they are supposed to be getting in some Rosalinas either today or tomorrow. (Winnipeg)

Rosalina available at 12pm EST at EB Games online and in store today!

So they are going to start selling them in store at 12pm EST?

Hmm.

I could try for one I guess. I should be pretty safe with my online orders though.

Future Shop's seem to be showing some wave 3 stock in right now. Can't reserve.

zroid

Banned
tJkhF9j.png

get hype yo

ahdurian

where's the source about Rosie being at EB today?
I can get to EB in maybe 10 minutes from my work, so might try to reserve one (or two if I can, so I can give it to someone in the Amiibo threads)

Bass260

I get out of class at 12 and have two EBgames (Yonge & Dundas) within 5 minutes here. Will scout for Rosalina like my life depends on it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Good luck! I might try to check in store to see if I can snag extras for people, but I expect they'll be sold out before I can get in.

where's the source about Rosie being at EB today?
I can get to EB in maybe 10 minutes from my work, so might try to reserve one (or two if I can, so I can give it to someone in the Amiibo threads)

When I called this morning the lady said its a first come first serve basis. Not sure if that will apply to all EBs.

ohlawd

I should order another Rosie and have that as trade material for future amiibo

but nah I won't. Still too lazy to go out and do the trade lols. not even to ship it.

antibolo

Banned
The last time I tried to order something online from EBGames they failed to authenticate my credit card twice (never had this problem elsewhere), after which I just gave up. Not really feeling good about this.

The last time I tried to order something online from EBGames they failed to authenticate my credit card twice (never had this problem elsewhere), after which I just gave up. Not really feeling good about this.

Try processing something right now (do a pre-order) and just see if everything goes through. If it does, just cancel the order afterwards.

antibolo

Banned
Try processing something right now (do a pre-order) and just see if everything goes through. If it does, just cancel the order afterwards.

Pre-orders aren't charged immediately so it wouldn't prove anything. That last order was also a pre-order.

EDIT: I carefully edited my billing address to exactly match character-for-character the address on my credit card, hopefully that was the problem.

beta_fuse

I am actually going to scope out these places for a Sheik.

Which places? Ebgames? I'm thinking of doing the same but I don't feel like driving to a million stores only to be left disappointed. I think EB is best bet though since they are getting Rosalinas...maybe they'll be getting some small stock of others as well.

Top Bottom