• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
check padmapper, it pulls from craigslist and kijiji, but I think you can also list it on their system

Seems to be most AirBnB rental when I check my location, but thanks for the suggestion!

lespac maybe? (http://www.lespac.com/)

Ask people to share it on FB too?

That's all I got.

Yeah I knew about LesPac, but their website seems so unused compared to Kijiji, and not free. I will give it a try, it is worth the 5-6$.

My friends have been spam sharing on Facebook...

Debating to pay 23$ so it stays on the first page of Kijiji for 3 days...

This is more on Sony than on Amazon. Same happens with Best Buy

I've had it happen once with Best Buy, and it was when they used a bubble mailer instead of the cardboard. Whereas it has happened to every PS4 game I've ordered so far this year from amazon except SFV. It may well be that the cases are not sufficiently securing the discs for shipping them individually, but my experience is they are fine if shipped in a box or more secure envelope.

theRizzle

Extra keys from Humble Monthly Bundle... have at it!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1187123.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (theRizzle, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Galak-Z -- MB-50ACDC0C6F578EC9 - Taken by ohlawd. 5 entrants total.
Crawl (Early Access) -- MB-D21BABACBF648BE9 - Taken by kevin1025. 2 entrants total.

t1462571254z1.png

F4r0_Atak

Now that King's Quest is on sale, is it worth it to get the complete collection, even if I downloaded the first episode with PS Plus? Was this issue eventually fixed?

vulva

You are not allowed to do that. A minimum percentage of your usage must still be in a home zone. You will get cut off if you try that.

If they allowed that, what would stop hundreds of thousands of Americans from doing that?

I wasn't sure since I lived in the US for a good 4 months or so before using my Wind plan

Rbk_3

Man, seeing the Vizio P series pricing is disappointing. 65" is $1999 Us which would be $2550 here based on the exchange rate but we get an extra $350 on top of that just because fuck you Canada.

Kyolux

Man, seeing the Vizio P series pricing is disappointing. 65" is $1999 Us which would be $2550 here based on the exchange rate but we get an extra $350 on top of that just because fuck you Canada.

I'm glad I still love my 55" 2010 TV.. I don't have that kind of budget right now. Stupid health bills.

Rbk_3

350$ might be worth a short vacation in the US!

I considered it but the warranty isn't valid here apperently and if there is a defect or something the 3 hour drive each was for a return would suck, and I don't even know how that would be handled at the border.

Plus I don't own a vehicle capable of transporting it so I would need to borrow something.

Just got back from Walmart. Someone from Kijiji wanted to meet and buy something off me, else I wouldn't have gone because I feel like shit (flu?).

I found bottles of Vanilla Coke amidst regular Coke, Cherry Coke and Diet Coke. I bought 3.

Of course, they were all warm and the express cooler had none.

This is more on Sony than on Amazon. Same happens with Best Buy

This would happen to me too. I hate it when it occurs.

Thankfully it rarely happened for games I cared a lot about.

DayEnder

Uncharted 4 on Tuesday for me, no luck on an early copy (so far). Can't beat the price I got on the Special Edition though.

MxJCBFD.png

khaaan

I'm 100% sure it's been asked before but I can't seem to find the answer...

How do I view old orders on Best Buy? My Uncharted 4 is from Best Buy (I'm not worried about shipping or anything, got my pre-order DLC code today) but I'd like to be able to review my orders on their site just for sanity's sake.

Gravidee

Got a question about those who pre-ordered Overwatch at EB. Do you get the poster when you place the order, or on launch day?

Corey31

Uncharted 4 on Tuesday for me, no luck on an early copy (so far). Can't beat the price I got on the Special Edition though.

MxJCBFD.png

Consider yourself lucky you even still have Tuesday.

Today mine changed to "Delivery estimate: Tuesday, May 17, 2016 by 8:00pm"

killroy87

Who's selling it? I've been trying to look for it at canadian retailers, but havent found any.

Rbk_3

Who's selling it? I've been trying to look for it at canadian retailers, but havent found any.

It was up on bestbuy.ca but got taken down this morning. I assume they were just putting it in their system and accidently posted it as the Vizio.ca site still doesn't mention it.

I tweeted Costco.ca on Twitter and this was the response

BE83F8BD-2186-40C6-B323-E1CA5707CF48.png

I'm waiting for Costco to have it. $99 for the 5 year Warrenty

Do you have Prime? Seems like if you aren't a Prime member then shipping is nowhere near release date.

Prime shouldn't even be a thing here, more so when comparing to what US prime members get. It's since the introduction of Prime that shipping times have gotten significantly worse. I swear they hold orders on purpose.

I've been ordering from Amazon for about 15 years and NEVER had issues with shipping, now that Prime is available. It's almost guaranteed I do.

I used to be able to choose free shipping and get items within a day or two. Now nearly everything I order is delayed and takes a lot longer than it should regardless of what shipping option I go with.

Cherry coke is back too!? I wish i wasnt so lazy so i could walk and get some

They had more Cherry Coke than Vanilla Coke.

There were six tubs filled with bottles of Coke. All dry tubs, though. Three were around the pop aisle and three were just outside of another aisle nearby. The three in the pop aisle only had Cherry, Diet and regular, whereas the second set had Vanilla. I almost missed it.

Coke Zero is drinkable; much more-so than Diet Coke. However, even with vanilla or cherry flavouring, I would think that the crappy aspartame taste would still make it a bit of a chore.

killroy87

Coke Zero is drinkable; much more-so than Diet Coke. However, even with vanilla or cherry flavouring, I would think that the crappy aspartame taste would still make it a bit of a chore.

I've only drank Diet pop since I can remember. I love it. Diet Pepsi is infinitely better than Diet Coke. Coke Zero is good too.

Diet A&W Root beer is awesome.

I've only drank Diet pop since I can remember. I love it. Diet Pepsi is infinitely better than Diet Coke. Coke Zero is good too.

Diet A&W Root beer is awesome.

To each their own. I know some people really like it.

I wish I did, because I drink 2 cans of Coke a day, sometimes 3, and ingest too much sugar. Sometimes I also have an energy drink, but that's just a recent thing.

My teeth aren't great, due to not having benefits for a while and I'm overweight, so switching to no sugar would be good. My friend used to buy Coke Zero all the time, but he's switched back to regular Coke. I would drink Zero with him and in booze drinks, but never fell in love with it due to the aspartame.

Kyolux

Vanilla Coke is the best Coke. I've missed it.

It definitely is. But seems like I found myself tired of drinking sodas. I just don't drink as many sugar-y drinks anymore.

I wish I did, because I drink 2 cans of Coke a day, sometimes 3, and ingest too much sugar. Sometimes I also have an energy drink, but that's just a recent thing.

My teeth aren't great, due to not having benefits for a while and I'm overweight, so switching to no sugar would be good. My friend used to buy Coke Zero all the time, but he's switched back to regular Coke. I would drink Zero with him and in booze drinks, but never fell in love with it due to the aspartame.

I used to drink 1-2 a day too, especially on work days. But I cut down when I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. The weight loss it led to (with working out a bit and cutting on other stuff) helps a lot. But even that isn't enough, I'll need surgery next year.

But yeah, when your life is on the line, it kinds of kick your butt into watching out a bit more.

It definitely is. But seems like I found myself tired of drinking sodas. I just don't drink as many sugar-y drinks anymore.

I used to drink 1-2 a day too, especially on work days. But I cut down when I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. The weight loss it led to (with working out a bit and cutting on other stuff) helps a lot. But even that isn't enough, I'll need surgery next year.

But yeah, when your life is on the line, it kinds of kick your butt into watching out a bit more.

Sorry to hear that. That makes sense, though.

I have sleep apnea, but they said it's only in my neck and doesn't bother me unless I'm sleeping on my back. It's nothing they thought was worth treating.

Faenix1

Just noticed on my amazon.ca order. Uncharted 4 will ship May 13th and I'll get it May 18th-20th.

What in the blue fuck is this nonsense. First, and last, time I preorder from amazon.ca I'll stick with bestbuy. Only preordered there cause I wanted the special edition of DA: Inquistion. (No, not the SE for Uncharted 4. Sadly.)

Also is the vanilla coke all over or just in certain places? Cause I'm down to buying a case worth. I miss that stuff.

No_Style

Is it even available in Canada? The shop page shows nothing with Canada selected

Edit: someone already asked

zroid

Banned
Man, I went to EB this morning and they were already out of Darkrai codes :\

this was the store in my area which gets the least traffic too

Madness

My brother I drank 2 litres of pepsi/coke/cola a day for years. I had brittle bones, was overweight and some skin issues because the massive amounts of sugar meant I wasn't able to regulate insulin properly. To control my cravings I found the caffeine had addicted me as much as the sugar so I bought caffeine free pepsi. 9 days of the most powerful headaches ever, flu like symptoms, aches and fatigue. And then after 3 months, gave up cola altogether. 6+ years now, 50 pounds less, and my skin has bever been better and even fixed my insomnia. Going diet cola is a step. But the best step is cutting it out altogether. Try caffeine free for a while as well. That way you get your sugar but if you get massive headaches you're probably just as much addicted to the caffeine as well.

BadWolf

My brother I drank 2 litres of pepsi/coke/cola a day for years. I had brittle bones, was overweight and some skin issues because the massive amounts of sugar meant I wasn't able to regulate insulin properly. To control my cravings I found the caffeine had addicted me as much as the sugar so I bought caffeine free pepsi. 9 days of the most powerful headaches ever, flu like symptoms, aches and fatigue. And then after 3 months, gave up cola altogether. 6+ years now, 50 pounds less, and my skin has bever been better and even fixed my insomnia. Going diet cola is a step. But the best step is cutting it out altogether. Try caffeine free for a while as well. That way you get your sugar but if you get massive headaches you're probably just as much addicted to the caffeine as well.

Crazy stuff, glad you recovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom