• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

baconcow

Anyone know a good site to import Japanese CDs? I'm kinda worried about getting charged import fees by the border.

Try Amazon.co.jp. I ordered Puyo Puyo Tetris (PS4) and it had a ~$5 customs fee on it which was refunded about a month later. Shipping was quite low, too. Either way, it was pretty good shipping experience, much better than .ca. Came in under a week.

Try Amazon.co.jp. I ordered Puyp Puyo Tetris (PS4) and it had a ~$5 customs fee on it which was refunded about a month later. Shipping was quite low, too. Either way, it was pretty good shipping experience, much better than .ca. Came in under a week.

Thanks for the suggestion! I used Amazon.co.jp because of it. :)

Gitaroo

That's the rub of it basically, you'd have to put money down on a gears xbone to give yourself an even remotely decent amount of time

a bit too risky and too many unknown factor at this point, and what if the neo doesn't even come out this year. Rumor is that the it gets announced at TGS and release shortly after.

Has anyone checked the Xbox One trade in values at the Microsoft Store? I know they do trade ins (with occasionally really good deals) but I wonder how much they'll give for my VCR XBOne towards the 2TB XBOne S. I'll probably trade in a couple games as well to help bump the price down.

farisr

That's the rub of it basically, you'd have to put money down on a gears xbone to give yourself an even remotely decent amount of time
a bit too risky and too many unknown factor at this point, and what if the neo doesn't even come out this year. Rumor is that the it gets announced at TGS and release shortly after.
Couldn't you technically, do this.

Put it towards the preorder of an xbox one. Pick it up once it releases, don't open it, and return it the next day for a full credit put onto your account. And then, when the neo comes out, use all of that credit towards it?

killroy87

Put it towards the preorder of an xbox one. Pick it up once it releases, don't open it, and return it the next day for a full credit put onto your account. And then, when the neo comes out, use all of that credit towards it?

lol. i mean, maybe? probably? seems like a lot of work to get $30-50 more for your xbone than you would on craigslist.

farisr

lol. i mean, maybe? probably? seems like a lot of work to get $30-50 more for your xbone than you would on craigslist.
Well it's more like $60-80 thanks to the tax savings without the hassle of dealing with lowballers and people who just disappear after saying they'll buy it. Definitely worth it imo.

But, I'm getting the xbox one s anyways, so I won't be doing it.

Gitaroo

Thought about this too, but since ps4 is my active console, this will be a loooong wait, I also thpught if the system doesn't worth shit like sub 200 around ill just give it to my sister or something.

Edit:This deleted this post :-(

Gitaroo

Thought about this too, but since ps4 is my active console, this will be a loooong wait, I also thpught if the system doesn't worth shit like sub 200 around ill just give it to my sister or something.

Can't you do a pre-order for the Xbone S, then shift the preorder to a PS4 Neo when it's up?

I want th one s .... :) going to skip scorpio and get a new video card next year. Just keep the xbone s for occasional xbone exclusive. Unless the pricing works out.

Luigi87

That feeling when you're trying to determine what day a package will be delivered, lol
Hoping for Tuesday, more likely chance Wednesday (which may mean I might not get until Thursday).

Currently it is in Quebec, but they don't consider tomorrow a Civic Holiday, so hoping that means it will make its way to Ontario... Time will tell I guess.

DEAL

Gravity Rush Remastered has tanked in price over the past week for some reason on Amazon.com, sitting at about $19 right now.

Will Amazon refund you the difference if an item drops after you've bought it? It's an incredible price but I'm tempted to see how low it can go.

DEAL

Gravity Rush Remastered has tanked in price over the past week for some reason on Amazon.com, sitting at about $19 right now.

Will Amazon refund you the difference if an item drops after you've bought it? It's an incredible price but I'm tempted to see how low it can go.

I believe they do as long as the drop is within 30 days of your purchase.

Ventara

DEAL

Might buy it at that price. Hard to say if it'll drop further in the future or not. And apparently, I have $10 in courtesy credit on Amazon (not sure where that came from), so that'll cover the shipping and import tax. Hmmmm

DEAL

I was about to be pissed because I bought it from Amazon.com in May, but it turns out I bought it back then for $20.84. I think it might just occasionally fall to that price?

Rbk_3

Anyone know what the trade in value for Xbone would be if I'm looking to upgrade to the S?

You just missed this

Switch Your Style

Trade in your PlayStation 4 or Xbox One and get $225 towards the purchase of a new or refurbished PlayStation 4 or Xbox One console or bundle

Offer ends July 31, 2016. In store only. Offer valid on hardware normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with other Trade offers. Activation Fees may apply. Trade must be in full working condition. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at any time.

Kyolux

When are EB games deals for August going to show up? Their site doesn't work here at work. Anyone knows? I'm thinking of going to pre-order NMS Thursday after work since it closes at 6 Monday through Wednesday and don't want to have to rush.

You just missed this

Switch Your Style

Trade in your PlayStation 4 or Xbox One and get $225 towards the purchase of a new or refurbished PlayStation 4 or Xbox One console or bundle

Offer ends July 31, 2016. In store only. Offer valid on hardware normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with other Trade offers. Activation Fees may apply. Trade must be in full working condition. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at any time.

I saw that earlier and just (stupidly) assumed it wouldn't work towards an S pre order. Shit.

Ventara

When are EB games deals for August going to show up? Their site doesn't work here at work. Anyone knows? I'm thinking of going to pre-order NMS Thursday after work since it closes at 6 Monday through Wednesday and don't want to have to rush.

Just checked, and they have the trade 3 for NMS until August 28. $10 minimum games.

killroy87

They usually show up within the first 3 or so days of the month. So by Wednesday, probably

Stat!

I kinda want to improve my 3DS collection since I haven't really played any of the system's top games. What are the best deals I should be looking for? Is it worth selling my 3ds on kijiji and getting a "New 3DS" for games like Zelda/Pokemon X/Sun?

killroy87

For anyone still curious about trading their Xbone into EB towards a One S, here's their new promo for this month;

Get 10% extra credit, when you trade an eligible console towards the purchase or pre-sell of any new or refurbished hardware

It's substantially worse. If you were serious about it, I recommend you hop on Craigslist/Kijiji quick before they become flooded with them.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Ahh, are there any major games that do?

I actually prefer 3D off so other than that, Im good?

In terms of 3DS Game deals? Anything to look out for?

If you don't play with 3D, the n3DS might not be worth it. It has a single exclusive game (Xenoblade), improved performances in a couple of games (Hyrule Warriors and... I think Monster Hunter?) and a 2nd joystick "nub" for camera control in games like Monster Hunter. But unless you plan to seriously dig into the 3DS library and want to play "optimally", the price difference might not be worth it to someone who "only" want to try the biggest releases.

Seik

Banned
DEAL

Thanks, bought it! :D

Sealtest

Has anyones cursed child been delivered yet from Amazon Canada? Mine hasn't but i'm really worried they shipped it in a bag like they've been doing for books recently.

For anyone still curious about trading their Xbone into EB towards a One S, here's their new promo for this month;

It's substantially worse. If you were serious about it, I recommend you hop on Craigslist/Kijiji quick before they become flooded with them.

Well shit I fucked up by not capitalising in the Switch Your Style deal. I hope I can at least get 100-150 for mine. Dropping the 2TB to 349 or 399 is the sweet spot for me.

killroy87

Well shit I fucked up by not capitalising in the Switch Your Style deal. I hope I can at least get 100-150 for mine. Dropping the 2TB to 349 or 399 is the sweet spot for me.

I think the standard trade in value at EB was $165 (the Switch your style bumped it to $225), so you should be good. Call to make sure, since they refresh trade values all the time. I'd get rid of it as soon as you can though, since I predict the value will drop like a stone throughout August.

I am computer-illiterate and need a new laptop for my final semester of school. I just want something portable but can do some light gaming and multi-task with ease. Looking to spend around $1000. Can anyone help me out!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom