• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cru Jones

Sooo, any ideas when we'll start seeing more Switch stock become readily available? Not like the random 1-2 that tend to trickle in on Amazon or Best Buy every once in a while that is in stock for all of 10 seconds.

Went home last night staring at my Zelda for Switch wondering what the heck I had done lol

I was at a Walmart on Tuesday at noon and they had 5 on the shelf, I just figured it was more readily available now

Go into Best Buy and ask for Koodoo's 8GB Quebec plan, think it's currently priced at $56. When you get home, go onto their self-serve site and port your current number over. It's that simple

I'm on a Quebec plan and I'm in BC

Does this actually work? That's genius...

Dazzler

Does this actually work? That's genius...

It did as of a month ago. It seemed a few people had done it, as the Best Buy rep was super comfortable handling it. Had it all set up in five minutes. You don't need to provide a Quebec address either, I just used my Vancouver address.

I'm paying $55 for 6GB and unlimited calling with Koodoo. They've since come out with an 8GB offering for a dollar more, but I don't want to rock the boat by trying to bump myself up to 8GB

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Sooo, any ideas when we'll start seeing more Switch stock become readily available? Not like the random 1-2 that tend to trickle in on Amazon or Best Buy every once in a while that is in stock for all of 10 seconds.

Went home last night staring at my Zelda for Switch wondering what the heck I had done lol
MK8D comes out in a 6 weeks so I expect them to ship a bunch leading up to that then extreme shortages once that hits.

Tqj5CUB.png

The CAD eShop have such weird pricing. The three titles from Tomorrow Corporation are all 9.99 each on the US store, yet Human Resource Machine is a buck lower for whatever reason (not that I'm complaining).

antibolo

Banned
Tqj5CUB.png

The CAD eShop have such weird pricing. The three titles from Tomorrow Corporation are all 9.99 each on the US store, yet Human Resource Machine is a buck lower for whatever reason (not that I'm complaining).

Meanwhile digital-only first party games are gouged almost 50% because Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

i-Jest

If this is gonna be anything like Amiibo wave restocks or PS4 launch, you'll be waiting a year's worth of time before things aren't crazy.

How hard is it to have Mario? Lol come on fam...

It's gotta be intentional as they didn't want people using the existing promos on all future Switch games, just launch window games.

Probably worked pretty well as most normal users won't pre-order a bunch of stuff they don't want and then move it down the line.

Cancelled my Mass Effect pre-order that I've had for a couple E3s. Was getting it for like $50, but all this preview coverage is making it look super rough. I have a million games to play, so I'll pick it up later on down the road on sae should it prove worthwhile

Are y'all cancelling pre-orders because of some bad previews? Did you even want the game to begin with? Why do other people's opinions dictate your purchases?

Not sure if I'll cancel Mass Effect since it was an E3 preorder. However, I'm getting the PC version with no discs or resale value.

How's the multiplayer? If it's like ME3 I'm game.

soultron

Banned
Are y'all cancelling pre-orders because of some bad previews? Did you even want the game to begin with? Why do other people's opinions dictate your purchases?

I've canceled it because every time I see footage of the game, it just doesn't look like the kind of game I want to play right now. The animation bugs, crafting/planet scanning, and bits of writing/dialogue I've experienced so far don't really have me very hopeful.

I'll probably pick it up way later in the year when the inevitable GOTY edition drops with all of the DLC packaged in one spot at a <$40 price point.

In a year that's been packed with massive games and exciting new IP debuts, MEA doesn't really look very polished or like it will offer anything dramatically new. /shrug

Ryde3

I'm using this case in my backpack and it's totally fine. Obviously I don't have a Hori Tough Case to compare it to, but it's not as flimsy as some are making out

I can second this, been carrying it around all week and it does the job. I appreciate the slim factor but also haven't see the Hori case.

Eh, I mean, really the weirder thing is buying a product completely unseen. Perfectly valid to decide you don't want a pre-order based on new information about the game, even if it's other people's opinions. Hell, if we weren't getting pre-order discounts, I'd never pre-order anything at all.

I regret getting the BOTW pass at EB. I traded a game towards the Switch pass, and received a code that doesn't work so I called EB, who told me to call Nintendo. A Nintendo rep said that I was supposed to get an email asking for my receipt, which never came so I tried going to the support chat for help, after offering the most basic troubleshoot options they said there was nothing that they could do and told me to contact EB. I told them that I did that already, and they said there would be an inquiry, but I don't feel particularly hopeful.

teeg

I regret getting the BOTW pass at EB. I traded a game towards the Switch pass, and received a code that doesn't work so I called EB, who told me to call Nintendo. A Nintendo rep said that I was supposed to get an email asking for my receipt, which never came so I tried going to the support chat for help, after offering the most basic troubleshoot options they said there was nothing that they could do and told me to contact EB. I told them that I did that already, and they said there would be an inquiry, but I don't feel particularly hopeful.

Dang I just traded for it and Snipperclips yesterday. I didn't redeem the Zelda pass yet, but Snipperclips redeemed no problems.
Thanks for the heads up, I was planning to sit on the pass until I was finished the main game, but I'll have to check the pass tonight to make sure it works.

leeman

No it still says the 20th :(

Still might be ok. Amazon ships things based on your geographical location. So, for my case, perhaps to get it here in time for tomorrow, they have to ship today. For you, maybe you are closer to the warehouse, so maybe it can ship a bit later. But no way of knowing for sure, hope yours ships soon :).

Dang I just traded for it and Snipperclips yesterday. I didn't redeem the Zelda pass yet, but Snipperclips redeemed no problems.
Thanks for the heads up, I was planning to sit on the pass until I was finished the main game, but I'll have to check the pass tonight to make sure it works.

i wonder if they gave you zelda from wrong system

Velkyn

Anyone have any experience with finding games at Shoppers stores? I'm trying to find Horizon because I'm absolutely flush with Optimum points, but they don't have an online stock checker (that I can see) and it seems to be a gamble that they even stock games at all. Do some stock games and just not display them or something?

I just received a shipment last week that was shipped on January 2, 2017 - so yeah they really suck right now with items coming from Asia.

Anything I get from Europe on the other hand gets here usually within 2-3 weeks.
It took me nearly a month to receive some ebay items from Japan through Canada Post. It was awful.

Anyone have any experience with finding games at Shoppers stores? I'm trying to find Horizon because I'm absolutely flush with Optimum points, but they don't have an online stock checker (that I can see) and it seems to be a gamble that they even stock games at all. Do some stock games and just not display them or something?

They're usually in the photo center kinda area if they have any. In my local area, only one store seems to actively carry games, the rest don't bother. If you have multiple stores, you might want to check them all.

Xenoflare

FE Echoes is still not listed in Best Buy holy

The digital version is gonna be $49.99 right? I think I have enough spare change on my account to cover the taxes with only one $50 card

a916

It's gotta be intentional as they didn't want people using the existing promos on all future Switch games, just launch window games.

Probably worked pretty well as most normal users won't pre-order a bunch of stuff they don't want and then move it down the line.

I can get that... but Mario and Xenoblade are the only far titles they've announced. There's really not a lot of games for the Switch to begin with.

Returners

What kind of shipping did you get? I find that EMS is still good, but anything less than that sits at customs for around a month. I don't know why but its happened a few times now, including a package from P-A.

I got the Air Box Parcel registered without a label.

Ok, glad to know that I'm not the only one. My order was made 31st Dec last year lol.

farisr

I was planning on just selling off my Mass Effect Andromeda copy and make like a small profit. But yeah, if it's not arriving on release day I'll just cancel it.

That's the problem with codes. The retailer and the publisher will point the finger at each other, leaving the customer hanging.

It's similar to online orders being lost in transit. The shipper blames the retailer, and the retailer blames the shipper.

a916

My Futureshop order comes to an end with Mass Effect... it's showing up on the Best Buy website at 79.99... does anyone else have this issue? I called them and they said they can't do it and can only offer a refund after charging my CC the full amount... I don't trust them, is this how Best Buy has been handling the FS E3 deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom