• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian General Election (OT) - #elxn42: October 19, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silexx

I think folks need to cut Wells some slack. There was some concern that MacLean's was not going to allow the candidates to engage with each other because they were going to bend over backwards to whatever demands Harper would command just so he would appear.

He's letting them go at it and allowing them to try and press the issue.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
City coverage is weird. They put the camera in front of a monitor at Seneca. It's like some weird time delay portal.

Kifimbo

Mulcair + May are dominating.

CLw8apYUAAEB9vx.jpg

t-storm

JT bringing it tonight... really impressed. Mulcair's lost and Harper looking more and more like Palpatine.

Kazerei

Banned
God they all sound so robotic and scripted, just repeating the same bullet points, except May. She actually sounds pretty natural and charismatic.

I'm bored now just waiting for the GOP main circus to begin

I think he's trying to bait Mulcair into snapping.

Also, people want feisty in a debate. I don't think it hurts him to be a bit chippy.

True. But at one point I was really cheering his Harper bashing and then he took a hard turn and started going after Mulcair on a completely different topic (I think it was the $15 minimum wage part). It was very confusing.

Honestly, Elizabeth May has been the most impressive. She's playing less for soundbites and has a very, very strong grasp of the facts on the issues. The others do too, with various strengths, but are trying to stick to their talking points.

I'm impressed with Trudeau so far in terms of getting some "punches" in. Harper is as smooth as always, he's only stumbled a bit. Mulcair started out too "fake nice," but he's doing better now.

Silexx

I think Justin might actually find his groove now that they're going leaving the economy subject.

Should be interesting if they tackle criminal justice. FYI, Liberals favour legalizing marijuana, NDP and Green favour decriminalization and CPC want status quo.

I think Justin might actually find his groove now that they're going leaving the economy subject.

Should be interesting if they tackle criminal justice. FYI, Liberals favour legalizing marijuana, NDP and Green favour decriminalization and CPC want status quo.

Mulcair is going to hit rock bottom on national unity when he has to explain himself on his Shebrooke Declaration

Pedrito

The leader who has no chance of winning is always doing the best in these debates. He/she can say whatever without fearing it could cost him/her the election. That's why Duceppe was often seen as the winner when he took part in these.

Popstar

Is this because you're a Liberal Party supporter or because you want to get rid of Harper and will vote for whichever opposition party has the best chance? If it's the latter the NDP may be the better bet for you this election.
Both.

I'm assuming you're now in Vancouver-Granville. If the votes came in the exact same as last election, then the NDP would be only 10% away from victory, and only 5% away from beating the Liberals. It's a fairly competitive riding. The difference is that this time in BC NDP support is at 40% and Liberal currently sitting at 19%.

Similarly voters in Vancouver Centre should also consider switching their allegiance to the NDP this time around as the gap between Liberal and NDP is very small.

If I were you I'd keep a close eye on the polls because NDP support in BC is so high right now that supporting the NDP in these ridings would be the better bet, as they are currently the opposition party with the best chance of beating the Conservatives and forming a minority government.
Yes, I'm in Vancouver-Granville now.

The Liberals only got 13.4% of the vote in the 2011 election. So if that 19% is correct that would mean Liberal support is up in BC. I'm not sure how you get them losing one of their traditionally safe seats in BC from that. Although the redistricting does muck with things a bit.

Harper is lying

It's Provinces who are reducing greenhouse gas emissions on their own initiative without the Federal helping.

Quebec and Ontario are working together to lower emissions without Ottawa

subrock

I love how this all basically a 2 hour long personality test. Who cares what they actually say, it's all about how they say it.

Silexx

Harper is lying

It's Provinces who are reducing greenhouse gas emissions on their own initiative without the Federal helping.

Quebec and Ontario are working together to lower emissions without Ottawa

Actually: Sorry, may not neccessarily contradict you. but:

Dan Gardner ‏@dgardner 2m2 minutes ago

The real causes of Canada’s reduced emissions? The recession and policies that the Harper Conservatives loathe.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Trudeau is doing good in this portion of the debate.

I would like Mulcair to speak up more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom