• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can't wait for suspend/resume on PS4?

Straxus

Can't install it via usb or system update.

Edit: Nevermind. Got it working. Didn't change all the eu to na in source and target. Downloaded upon reboot.

kmg90

wonder if they flag accounts that did get the beta though

As an official beta user, they know and could easily tell if someone has installed the beta illegitimately.

I have no pity for users who end up with bricked or update-less consoles (can't update to newest version due to being stuck in a limbo beta firmware)

All you detractors are being very hysterical. The system has mechanisms in place that make bricking nigh on impossible.

What if a problem occurs during the upgrade, and there's no way to downgrade back to usable firmware? Who shall we contact if these instructions put our PS4 into an unusable state?

Additionally, what if Sony detects our console is not registered for the beta program and bans us from PSN? What then?

Now do you understand why most of us are hesitant?

angrygnat

This was a feature that I was kind of looking forward to when it was announced. I wasn't floored like some people but if there was a feature that screamed, NEXT GEN!!!! it was suspend/resume. When it never transpired, I just chalked it up to one more NEXT GEN!!!! feature that we weren't going to get. Figure I'll just wait till it gets here like everyone else.

What if a problem occurs during the upgrade, and there's no way to downgrade back to usable firmware? Who shall we contact if these instructions put our PS4 into an unusable state?

Additionally, what if Sony detects our console is not registered for the beta program and bans us from PSN? What then?

Now do you understand why most of us are hesitant?

That's impossible to do, thanks to the recovery mode.

Gold Member
Good going for those who have got this working and are willing to take the risk :)

Personally I'd leave this well alone, if I were writing this beta I'd have debug code in there that would be feeding back data to a server somewhere monitoring various parts for performance, errors, etc. At the very least I'd be logging the MAC / serial of each console connecting to the network using the FW. I've done it in the past with beta firmware and Sonys engineers are far cleverer than me lol.

Mind you that's not to say they will take any action or even notice, they may not have systems in place to flag consoles not in the beta, or even care! Guess we will find out sooner or later ;)

KePoW

Banned
Hahaha suspend/resume isn't even that important for home consoles

I prefer Xbox in general, but I'll actually defend Sony against the people constantly whining for this feature. I would never even use it.

Again I'm talking home consoles. Handhelds obviously different

Vindicator

Sounds too risky, suspend/resume is not even an important feature, at least for me. People should be patient and get the official update.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
I did it, works as advertised and it takes ~20 seconds from the ps4 beep to get back into the game and playing. The ps4 boot loader or whatever seems happy to accept any firmware 2.50 or higher so I should be back to public release firmware soon enough.

Vashetti

Banned
Finally decided to try this, everything worked great until the update got added to my downloads.

It downloaded to 100%, and it said something like "cannot use this update with this system". Any ideas?

Hasney

Finally decided to try this, everything worked great until the update got added to my downloads.

It downloaded to 100%, and it said something like "cannot use this update with this system". Any ideas?

Did you change the fus bits in the proxy URLs to feu?

Spineker

Banned
Can I just say this to my fellow PS4 owners, if you risk doing this so close to Bloodbornes release, you will surely regret it.

No one will brick from this just because it's a beta update. You have no more chance of this bricking your PS4 that you do when you accept any update. This isn't any different from installing beta dashboards on the 360 before release date.

ogbg

It worked for me but only after I changed to 'uk' instead of 'eu'.
I couldn't care less about suspend/resume but I really want configurable buttons for Bloodborne. Due to my disability it was the main reason I sucked at the souls games (I hope).

Top Bottom