• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies hitting the West [Digital Only Confirmed]

Sorian

Banned
Whether people believe it or not, Sven says he's still pushing for AAI2.

True but the official Capcom stance is no western release. That can always change, of course, but I was just pointing out that it wasn't an unannounced no show. I do have hope for it in the future though.

AA I love you and I hope 5 sells well enough to continue the franchise.

However, I absolutely refuse to buy any games digitally on Nintendo's awful online system.

zulux21

at least we know it's coming this fall now.... now to figure out how much I am willing to spend for it.... I was going to put down $50 for a physical copy day 1... I'm not sure I an muster up enough energy to pay more than $20 for a digital only version though. Not being able to put the next game with the others is heartbreaking, and having to use nintendo's online store just goes against my beliefs, but it is AA, and likely will be my GOTY.... what to do what to do :/

entremet

However, I absolutely refuse to buy any games digitally on Nintendo's awful online system.

Treat it as a rental lol. Ultimately we play games because we want new experiences--doesn't matter if it is in a cart or stored in bits in our 3DS?

HardRojo

Yeah, my main gripe with this decision is Nintendo's online system, I want to support the game but I don't approve of Nintendo's handling of digital content, that doesn't mean I'm fine with AA5 being digital only :(

Hey guys, remember that other AA game that was announced to be released during autumn last year and been delayed all the way up until July this year?

>_>

"I love this series and don't want it to die, but I'm not buying the latest game in the series"

:(

"I spy... a contradiction!"

Can you explain exactly why. I don't see any reasoning behind it other than being allergic to change. I've only bought 2 games via Nintendo's system and have had no problems with it. It's no worse than PSN (which updates Tuesdays at whatever the hell time it wants o'clock).

True but the official Capcom stance is no western release. That can always change, of course, but I was just pointing out that it wasn't an unannounced no show. I do have hope for it in the future though.
It's more of "maybe" than a "no" though.

The one thing about Sven is, if it is really off the table, he'll say it outright.

Salsa

you guys are all gonna fucking buy it

136363859235.jpg

ohlawd

I better not see any of you 'I'M NOT BUYING IT' girls in the official topic. We'll see if your conviction lasts.
alexis.gif

Can't wait to see everyone here post in the OT, raving about the game and that they're glad they didn't go through with their original plan.

Sorian

Banned
Hey guys, remember that other AA game that was announced to be released during autumn last year and been delayed all the way up until July this year?

Idk, I see this as a totally different case. This is a brand new game where the only real hurdle is translation (there is some coding of course but I'd imagine it is less then moving something from a DS software to an iOS software).

HardRojo

you guys are all gonna fucking buy it

Un momento! Yeah I guess I'm buying it, it is in fact my most anticipated 3DS game, it just sucks that I won't be able to have it along my other copies :(

Can you explain exactly why. I don't see any reasoning behind it other than being allergic to change. I've only bought 2 games via Nintendo's system and have had no problems with it. It's no worse than PSN (which updates Tuesdays at whatever the hell time it wants o'clock).

You'd have to create a new thread to explain why Nintendo is behind the decade regarding digital content management.

PKrockin

What? No physical release? Why the hell not? I'd much prefer a cart. Of course I'm still buying it, but that really sucks.

Also, am I crazy or does Phoenix's new voice sound more like Apollo than his old voice, or even his UMVC3 voice?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*sighs* So I've calmed down now.
I still don't like the digital only version, but if that's all that's available then I'll have to suck it up and play it that way. If I did it with One Piece: Pirate Warriors, I can do it here.

I still think Capcom is run by backwards morons and that the whole "holding games hostage" practice is beyond crooked.

I have zero issue with buying games digitally.

I'm just not willing to support Nintendo's incompetence about buying games from the eshop that saves them into the system instead of a proper account.

Idk, I see this as a totally different case. This is a brand new game where the only real hurdle is translation (there is some coding of course but I'd imagine it is less then moving something from a DS software to an iOS software).

I know, I was just being facetious. =P

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm totally getting this!

Am I supposed to have played all the previous games? Because I never played Apollo Justice due to not having a DS.

Eusis

Out of curiosity, would you be for a low print run if they raised the price to $50?
I do have to admit, I thought about that and I'd be hesitant and want to be sure it's a REALLY great entry. We probably do have to swallow higher prices in general for handheld games given they're JUST high enough in production costs that relative to the costs of creating carts and the smaller base they serve they would need to cost a bit more to compensate, but I believe most people who aren't staunchly against that price point period ARE going to become more and more critical about how much they want a game, and AA that isn't 1 or 3 quality would make me very hesitant.

Salsa

It should be the opposite, actually. Apollo Justice is probably the most important game for providing the backstory of this game.

I dont know. Nothing there suggesting anyone other than Apollo being present, wich you could introduce pretty easily.

I wanna think the older games have a stronger connection. With old characters reacting to Phoenix's comeback and whatnot, or at least seeing where they at now.

I doubt any character from Apollo other than Apollo himself is returning.

ohlawd

I dont know. Nothing there suggesting anyone other than Apollo being present, wich you could introduce pretty easily.

I wanna think the older games have a stronger connection. With old characters reacting to Phoenix's comeback and whatnot, or at least seeing where they at now.

eff you I want Trucy to come back!

So, Trucy, Klavier, and
Lamiroir/Thalassa
are suddenly not important now? There are still loose ends to tie up here for Apollo.

And Ema would most likely return to be the main detective, hopefully being less of a sourpuss.

IrishNinja

only Capcpom can hype and let me down simultaneously like this...as was said though, beastly 3DS year

Where is Ace Attorney Investigations 2?

hate to say it but slow moving fan translation might be our best only bet

I better not see any of you 'I'M NOT BUYING IT' girls in the official topic. We'll see if your conviction lasts.
alexis.gif

SOME OF US HAVE PRINCIPLES, ART

mine will hold up until the download completes

Madouu

What do you think the game's price will be? From what we have learned today, I think there are sufficient hints that it will be lower than $40. I'm referring mainly to the talk about expanding the audience and Sven's posts.

Madao

Some of you guys need to realize that the real enemy of Western Ace Attorney fans is Capcom of Japan and not Capcom as a whole. They are the ones who decided against AAI2 and shot down a 3DS collection. CoJ sees AA as a huge investment in Japan but little to nothing in the West.

wait, when did this happen? i was banking on this being the way to bring AAI2 to the west eventually.

stupid Capcpom. it wasn't enough for them to kill Castlevania and many others.

FUCKING THIS. I don't mind the digital release, but please Capcom, don't be ballsy enough to release this at 39.99 on the eshop...can you say instant bomba?

It's going to be $39.99 on the eshop just like SMTIV is $50 on the eshop.

I don't believe for a second this won't be a full price release. Plus it's Capcom, so that puts the possibility into negative chances.

I have zero issue with buying games digitally.

I'm just not willing to support Nintendo's incompetence about buying games from the eshop that saves them into the system instead of a proper account.

So this justifies not buying a game both developed and published by a different company who already does not think the franchise sells well enough to get a physical release?

Top Bottom