• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announcing two new games at PAX East

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezekial45

Banned
I'm pretty bummed they aren't having a Captivate this year, but I guess they'll make more waves doing the reveals at major events.

Strider 3, HD sprites, online co-op, one stage takes place in a giant trap-filled castle on the back of a mecha dragon you have to fight

Ridley327

IIRC, Professor Layton X Ace Attorney is in Level 5's hands, so it's more likely that they'd partner up with Nintendo on that one, given their involvement with the former series in the west. An official NA unveiling of AA5 would be amazing, but I wouldn't expect it until more news comes out about the game in Japan.

I'm going with some more digital releases of old games as their announcements.

NateDrake

Whatever the two games are, they will be at Capcom's booth. So stuff like Deep Down is unlikely. XBLA, PSN, Wii U eShop titles are safe bets.

I hope they read the ideal MM thread and took some pointers.

I wonder if anything is ever going to happen with Darkstalkers or Strider...

Probably not. :/

Lulubop

Guys don't get hyped for this. Seriously, it's going to be some shitty IOS game or something.

It's CAPCPOM!

They never really do that though, it could be a psn/xbl stuff however. Actually that seems pretty likely, though it's not really a bad thing.

Could be DD PC edition too.

ezekial45

Banned
Please tell me you have inside information, my heart is pounding.

No, I don't. Just a hunch. They knew DmC wouldn't do well, so they'd probably work on something to follow up. Gotta strike while the iron is hot, right? They can rebound from this hatred by giving people what they want, easily.

That, or they're just gonna put the series on break for a bit.

Atrarock

Apparently, the game is hard coded in Japanese. This would make localization a much more complex task, as they'd have to actually reprogram the game to function in English
That....seems like an extremely odd decision for development, actually it just seems like a bad practice in itself.

Has to be mega man related since it's considered minor now :(

It'll probably be something like Resident Evil HD for Wii u (containing 5 and 6) don't do that capcom.

Onimusha about to rise again :O please :D

Dahbomb

They never really do that though, it could be a psn/xbl stuff however. Actually that seems pretty likely, though it's not really a bad thing.

Could be DD PC edition too.
What I mean is that I seriously doubt these are going to be some major games that GAF is going to give 2 shits about. If this was something substantial we would've had a couple of announcements of announcements along with a bunch of cryptic tweets hyping it up.

Like there is no way in hell they would ever unveil a DMC5 at a PAX. All DMC games have only been unveiled/announced at E3 (DMC3, DMC4) or TGS (DmC).

The only Street Fighter related game that would make me excited right now is Super Puzzle Fighter 4

For the second game, while I would do just about anything for a good Megaman game, the odds are only slightly better that we'll get that than Dead Phoenix.

Anteater

"Devil May Cry is not dead"

and we see a video of dante playing guitar in a graveyard, with papa vergil picking his nose in the background.

believe.

Skab

Capcom isn't afraid to announce big new games outside of something like E3. Street Fighter X Tekken was announced at Comic Con, for example.

I don't think it will be anything big, but really this could be anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom