• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announcing two new games at PAX East

Status
Not open for further replies.

VertPin

No, I don't. Just a hunch. They knew DmC wouldn't do well, so they'd probably work on something to follow up. Gotta strike while the iron is hot, right? They can rebound from this hatred by giving people what they want, easily.

That, or they're just gonna put the series on break for a bit.

I liked DmC, but it had NOTHING on DMC3, and not as much as DMC4. The platforming and art (played on PC) didn't do wonders on me.

Jawmuncher

I definitely agree with this not being a big announcement.
I'm betting on XBLA/PSN stuff, or at the most some sort of HD port announcements.
Can't see them going to big at PAX, but I suppose there is always that chance.

serplux

Probably some sort of eShop/PSN/XBLA game. Hopefully it's some sort of Mega Man game, preferably something closer to Megaman X/Zero in complexity rather than Megaman 11.

One of the Capcom Unity guys has teased that they are working to do something cool with Mega Man for PAX, he said that it's not game related, but maybe he was not allowed to say openly that it was a game.

Probably I'm setting myself for a big disappointment. AAI2 maybe for iOS or the 3DS store?.

One of the Capcom Unity guys has teased that they are working to do something cool with Mega Man for PAX, he said that it's not game related, but maybe he was not allowed to say openly that it was a game.
I'm pretty sure it's not a game. He said in the last Ask Capcom stream that it's like some sort of photo-op or something.

Darkstalkers 4 on next gen console please
It won't be next next gen, at least not next gen only.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My final answer:

1) Some Megaman game Megaman fans will hate anyways
2) Some Street Fighter Alpha series game or re-release

Darkstalkers 4 and Dead Rising 3 would be my bet, but will be likely disappointed.
I can't believe they haven't announced Dead Rising 3 yet. Didn't that leak like over a year ago now? Must've been in pre-production then.

DJIzana

Pleeeease Monster Hunter 4 or Monster Hunter Frontier for North America... (Yeah, I know. That last one is a long shot.) Pleeeeeeease!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There is not a good reason to launch a new fighting game on the current gen. It's a waste of resources.
Yup. Platforms are a piece of shit and do not cater to the needs of the genre, and also are part of the reason why Capcom's reputation has been tarnished over the course of the gen. We needed new platforms yesterday.

Lulubop

What I mean is that I seriously doubt these are going to be some major games that GAF is going to give 2 shits about. If this was something substantial we would've had a couple of announcements of announcements along with a bunch of cryptic tweets hyping it up.

Like there is no way in hell they would ever unveil a DMC5 at a PAX. All DMC games have only been unveiled/announced at E3 (DMC3, DMC4) or TGS (DmC).

I don't think it'll be a big game, but a psn/xbl title certainly isn't as abysmal as an iOS game.
They've put some good stuff out, and I know a lot of gafers who would be happy to see something like DD PC.

jbug617

Banned
Also I remember someone on the XBLA thread posted some art from Strider. I don't think Strider was part of the Capcom Cabinet service so it might be a HD Strider.

Sgblues

Well one eye open on this as usual since its Capcom, ball is in their court so let's see them make the play and give us something
good

cdkee

Banned
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 2013 Turbo

tumblr_me11baCF8Z1rqdjmlo1_500.gif

SykoTech

Power Stone 3
Viewtiful Joe 3
New Mega Man/X game
New Okami game
Marvel 3 update

So much I could potentially be sold on. Oh well, let the disappointment commence.

Mesoian

Don't get too excited. It's probably just Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen and Monster Hunter 3DS/Vita. Unannounced from capcom usually means Capcom USA hasn't had anything to show anyone yet. This will not be anything big.

cryptic

Onimusha new and something original or both these games will just suck and be ripoffs.
Don't try to tell me I'm contradicting myself, there's nothing as original as onimusha.

If it's not next gen, they will probably lose a lot of sales. I doubt people will care about current gen games as we get closer to the holidays.

Are there any more 3DS games they can port? Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition 2D Ultra Arcade Edition?
Tons! And PS3 games. But Sven said Capcom has projects in line specifically for the Wii U.

1 WiiU, 1 PS4/XBOX *cough*DS4*cough* would make sense to cover all the bases.
Is PAX the right place to unveil DS4? Honest question.

Viewtiful Joe 3, Wii-U exclusive, Platinum Games developed, Capcom published
Isn't this just called The Wonderful 101?

kirblar

Is PAX the right place to unveil DS4? Honest question.
EVO isn't. As much as I'd love for that to happen, it's just not the right venue because the press isn't there. PAX follows up the DSR release and would also likely help boost sales on DSR since people would go "Oh, that's coming up? I better learn how to play!"

It also needs all the help it can get in America since it needs to overcome the IP unfamiliarity due to being part of the "lost generation" of Saturn-era fighters.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
EVO isn't. As much as I'd love for that to happen, it's just not the right venue because the press isn't there. PAX follows up the DSR release and would also likely help boost sales on DSR since people would go "Oh, that's coming up? I better learn how to play!"

It also needs all the help it can get in America since it needs to overcome the IP unfamiliarity due to being part of the "lost generation" of Saturn-era fighters.
Capcom was going to invite press to EVO for the SFIV reveal. It's definitely possible and definitely a situation Capcom has considered in the past, and I don't see why they wouldn't now.

PAX East sounds good, but I think it's still premature TBH. They've already forced their hand with deep down, I think the next next gen game they announce will be once the Durango is revealed too, and that isn't until April at the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom