• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Confirms More Resident Evil Remakes Are Coming

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
*thing makes money
Company: we'll do more of the thing that made money
Classic Reaction GIF

MacReady13

For mine, it would be great if they remade part 6. I mean, the cut content from both 3 and 4 didn't seem to hurt those games (well maybe it did for part 3 but definitely not part 4) so why not follow the same method with 6 and cut that game drastically whilst improving what was good about it (Leon's scenario resembled a resi scenario the most).

bigdad2007

outbreak remake - GaaS, free to play
I want outbreak but modern audiences would never have the patience for it. Plus party chat would ruin the experience.

The best part of outbreak was getting to the end of the scenario and figuring out who made it and who didn’t. And then judging if/when it’s time to backtrack to collect what they were supposed to get or flip the switch they were supposed to etc.

Kuranghi

Agree. It was really a fun coop game. We laughed so much with a friend spamming the "call your team mate" button.

Sheva sheva sheva sheva CHRIS CHRIS sheva sheva CHRIS sheva CHRIS CHRIS sheva CHRIS sheva

Good (stoner) times!

I especially enjoy troll-giving your friends ammo they don't need lol "here take this!" "thanks!"

Apocryphon

Hope you're right, but I'm not holding my breath. After 3 and 4, 2 seems to have been a bone thrown to old fans to help give the brand a breath of fresh air.
I don’t know. I have to believe that RE2R outsold 3 and Village, maybe even 7. Obviously RE4R has done exceptionally well, but I’d be interested to know the sales difference between it and the range of the second game. It reviewed stupidly well and is incredibly highly regarded. If they took the first game and or 0 and made it more action oriented, I think the fanbase would revolt. I don’t see any other way to treat another remake of the original game that to build it like RE2R.

Shakka43

Probably for the best. People would have to be stop being so sensitive about everything for that to happen. Also they can't turn Sheva into an ugly cor-magnon women so that's an added bonus.
Capcom hasn't subscribed to the uglified women agenda yet. New Claire, Jill, Ada and Ashley all look fantastic. Even with other franchises like Street Fighter they just got the hottest version of Cammy.

EDMIX

They’ll never touch 5.
LOL

Watch that literally be the next one they make.

Its literally one of the best selling REs so......its happening lol

So I think RE CV is likely, but shit, I would not be shocked at RE1 being remade.....again. I feel 100%, it will be the first remake.....of a remake. Its a race between RE1 2002 and Twin Snakes.

With MGS3 being remade now, i feel we could be closer to RE1 remake of remake lol

Soon.

Either way, I expect RE5 remade, RE6, RE1, Zero lol Capcom don't give a fuck, they want money and I've never known this company to leave money on the table based on feelings.

They didn't give a shit when it sold well, they didn't give a fuck about your feelings when they remastered it, I see no reason for them to avoid a remake of 5.

So....prepare yourself lol

Shakka43 Shakka43 fuck are you talking about? Sheva ugly as fuck! lol Shit, MOST females in that series are fucking ugly, so I don't know what you are talking about.

They might be the leaders of that agenda..

Last edited:
The people worrying so much about 5 not being remade should actually worry about CV not being remade, especially if 5 Remake comes out first.

Because if 5 Remake happens, 6 has to happen after. Thus CV is skipped.

EDMIX

The people worrying so much about 5 not being remade should actually worry about CV not being remade, especially if 5 Remake comes out first.

Because if 5 Remake happens, 6 has to happen after. Thus CV is skipped.
True, but I think CV will get made along them anyway, but I do agree that RE5 might happen first

gamer82

please remake the first one so we can have a complete trilogy feel free to expand on the game as well with more content if you like :messenger_beaming:

Reaseru

They won’t touch 5. They won’t remake it. Unless they move the setting to Oslo.

They can change it to Central/South America, it would be almost the same setting. At least it would have a better logic with the ancient city story wise.

And then Sheva would also be a hot latina partner.

Last edited:

Garibaldi

Why does everyone want the original (the remastered GC version I mean, not the PS1 version) remade? It's still the best resident evil going and I kinda like that it's got the classical survival horror systems.

Remaking it means basically turning it into the modern over the shoulder game and I think it'll lose something doing that. We have 2/3/4 for that. I kinda like zero and remake being classical. Tbh I'd like to see Veronica go that way too before remaking 5/revelations/6 in more modern style

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

They've run out of solid candidates for remakes except for Code Veronica which is not as popular with the general public. I won't be surprised if they create another remake of 1 to make the game more "accessible" to fans of their newer releases.

RE5 will be a nice shitshow if they'll attempt to censor or change having a white dude kill a bunch of black enemies.

Elios83

5&6 were bad games with a tainted reputation so I'm no sure they'll want to remake those.....(same reason SE hasn't touched the FFXIII saga again), although technically a total remake could be the opportunity to actually make them good.
Code Veronica is decent but imo it does not reach the levels of the other mainline games.

So they're running out of games to remake 🤣They could re-remake the original with real time 3D graphics but given the game is set in indoor environments it wouldn't benefit from a full 3D move like an open space game, actually in could introduce potential camera issues. So I don't know.

McGILLAZ

5&6 were bad games with a tainted reputation so I'm no sure they'll want to remake those.....(same reason SE hasn't touched the FFXIII saga again), although technically a total remake could be the opportunity to actually make them good.
Code Veronica is decent but imo it does not reach the levels of the other mainline games.

So they're running out of games to remake 🤣They could re-remake the original with real time 3D graphics but given the game is set in indoor environments it wouldn't benefit from a full 3D move like an open space game, actually in could introduce potential camera issues. So I don't know.
I just replayed 5 & 6 and I think 5 is even worse than I remembered. It's an incredible step down from 4 and feels tedious & boring to play. Even in co-op, the game just feels crappy to play. 6 is ever so slightly better (Leon's campaign is better than the whole of 5 in my opinion), but dammit, what the hell was Capcom thinking with the menu, healing process, and that Wesker campaign?

I've always had a lot of respect for RE0 - it's totally imperfect and there are points of frustration where if you haven't properly planned (I'm thinking of the Bat boss fight), you'll have to replay chunks of the game. There's a lot of promise in the gameplay & locales...I'd love to see a more polished approach to the material. Same for Code Veronica - it's a "good" game, but I think it's hampered by being overlong and having some bullshit difficulty spikes.

While we're talking about remakes, can we stop with the experimental multiplayer modes and just revamp Raid Mode as the standard?

Last but not least - please give me the ability to play the original 3 on modern consoles/pc (yes, I know there are ways...but imagine a world where Capcom released the original 3 with different versions....RE1 for example has the director's cut, alternate soundtracks, the Sega Saturn version, the DS version and then the uncut PC version with the Kenneth death scene and the colorized opening with Joseph's death....the Ps1, Game.com, N64 versions of RE2,etc. but package it like Digital Eclipse has done with Atari50 - or - even better like their Making of Karateka...which is essentially a playable documentary (https://www.digitaleclipse.com/games/karateka).

I have a lot of passion around these titles if you can't tell :)

BlackSandrock10

Neo Member
Dammit, the only remake I want from Capcom is Dino Crisis but....with the way the company is going at the moment, I've become very skeptical!

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
The 1st needs to be the next one, much bigger and expanded. They need to make people care about Chris (given they also want to remake 5 from the ground up) cuz he's terrible as a character (I'm not talking about RE7-RE8 - he's completely different person in these games) and always was.

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
I don’t know. I have to believe that RE2R outsold 3 and Village, maybe even 7. Obviously RE4R has done exceptionally well, but I’d be interested to know the sales difference between it and the range of the second game. It reviewed stupidly well and is incredibly highly regarded. If they took the first game and or 0 and made it more action oriented, I think the fanbase would revolt. I don’t see any other way to treat another remake of the original game that to build it like RE2R.
Capcom (and, frankly, most other companies) has a way of losing sight of what makes it successful once the wins start piling up. It takes a downfall to humble them and make them come crawling back to the core audience once their aspirations for global success crumble. I feel like Village and RE4R has rekindled some of that arrogance in the leadership, with them now refusing to remake CV and 9 already confirmed to be costing a ton of money.

Last edited:

Green_Eyes

5 improved on 4's core gameplay mechanics, but the level design, pacing, atmosphere and some of the design choices were pretty bad. Hope they can make 5 good, and just completely remake 6 so that it has no semblance to the original.

Last edited:

DosGamer

Please remake Resident Evil 1 or Code Veronica. I could even see them adding Resident Evil 0 as the prelude to 1 in the remake and package them together.

The later games just dont hit the same as the first few.

Apocryphon

Capcom (and, frankly, most other companies) has a way of losing sight of what makes it successful once the wins start piling up. It takes a downfall to humble them and make them come crawling back to the core audience once their aspirations for global success crumble. I feel like Village and RE4R has rekindled some of that arrogance in the leadership, with them now refusing to remake CV and 9 already confirmed to be costing a ton of money.
Maybe. RE4R was always going to be a guaranteed hit though and I’m of the opinion that Village was legitimately awful. I’d like to know what the sales look like for 7, RE2R, RE3R, Village, and RE4R. Surely 7 and RE2R outsold Village timelines adjusted.

I rather see the time, effort and resources go into some new RE games and sequels, but if they gotta remake them, I much rather see RE: CV first over RE5, RE6 or even the original RE which already had a remake anyway which imo was near perfection.

What they did with the remakes is something Rockstar should of aimed for to a little lesser extent with the GTA Collection. Instead we got a paper and glue job by Methane Street Games.

Jesb

Why not just a new RE in the style of RE2 remake. RE5 is probably the least amount of work for remake so can see that being next. My preference would be for CV to be remade. Possibly RE0. Remake is already perfect but wouldn’t be opposed to them updating it. But that doesn’t need much changing. It’s already perfect imo.

What I wish they would do more than anything is to go back to the original version of RE4 they were making that got cancelled. Release it as a new RE.

Last edited:
Top Bottom