• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Confirms More Resident Evil Remakes Are Coming

Draugoth

Gold Member
img-3348-1701429292437.jpg

After the success of the Resident Evil 2, 3, and 4 remakes, Capcom has confirmed plans to continue the trend, although stopped short of announcing which Resident Evil game is next in line for the remake treatment.

At a PlayStation partner awards event in Japan, attended and translated by IGN Japan, Resident Evil 4 remake director Yasuhiro Anpo said the company will announce its next Resident Evil remake in due course.

Yes,” Anpo replied when asked if Capcom wants to keep making Resident Evil remakes. “We’ve released three remakes so far and they have all been received very well. Since it allows a modern audience to play these games, it is something I am happy to do as someone that loves these older games, and we want to continue doing more.

“What game we will remake in the future is something that we would like to announce in the future, so please look forward to it.”

HL3.exe

1, code Veronica, etc.

If I was in there shoes, I would mainly focus on remaking games from the 5th and 6th gen, maybe the handheld spinoffs?

7th gen and up is just a waste of effort and resources. Game-logic and gameplay-fidelity hasn't leaped that much since that era.

Last edited:

Mephisto40

Doesn't make much sense for them to do 5 as it wasn't very well received when it released, so it would most likely be a remake of RE1

DelireMan7

I would say Veronica is the next one.

But I'd love RE1 Remake (I love the gamecube remake, and it's so far for me the best Resident Evil and it's not even close). Exploring the mansion with the new engine sounds pretty awesome to me.

I truly hope they go with Code Veronica next. The reunion of Chris and Claire is central to the RE story and feels like the true culmination of the original plotline.

Last edited:

NT80

Why is RE plural? The only worthwhile one left is Code Veronica then it should be Dino Crisis.
I hope there not crazy enough to remake RE1 yet again. It's been done and then remastered. Enough is enough. The game is also too limited in scope.

Ev1L AuRoN

I mostly agree that RE5 is not a very good Resident Evil title, but as a standalone-game, I thoroughly enjoy playin' in split screen, I beat the game 3 or 4 times, with my then girlfriend, my young brother and a friend. I would love to re-play the game with better technology.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Have people not played RE4 remake?

They plant a gigantic signpost at the end that the 5 remake's coming. They might as well scream it.

HL3.exe

I didn't like 5 much but I hope they do it and change nothing outside of the tech.
Wait, you didn't like 5, hope they would remake it, but change nothing ???
meme-gif-pfp-33.gif

I didn't like 5 either, but I hope (if picked for a remake) they would change things up a lot more than just tech upgrades. Cut out the whole co-op, make it feel more isolated, with the pacing of 4.

Sidenote: I hope they stay away from 7th gen titles, just because it's a waste.

Last edited:
Top Bottom