• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Cup 2015 (Dec 6th at PSX) | Concluding the SF4 Era With A $250,000 Tournament

Nobody was stopping kazunoko that day

I don't believe that. I strongly believe in player matchups. That's the reason why I was confident Daigo would beat Xian and why Kazunoko would beat Daigo. Same reason why Momochi losing to Luffy wasn't a surprise. Hell if Bonchan had beaten Kazunoko, I would be saying the same thing about Daigo not running into someone like Kazunoko now that we had so much evidence of Kazunoko bopping Daigo in the pro tour. I honestly think Infiltration would have won had he beaten Daigo if Kazunoko was his opponent. However, if Infiltration had to face Bonchan, I think Bonchan would win.

Momochi and Bonchan just shut down Kazunoko 90% of the time. Hell, if Smug was somehow in the tournament he would have bopped Poongko no matter how good poongko was playing that day.

Having said all of this, it's not Kazunoko's fault. He put himself in the best position to win by winning those matchups. Bonchan and Momochi did not. Kazunoko earned his title.

I have the same sentiments Kid A, the player match ups really do matter. I don't buy into the "he was unstoppable that day, no one could have beaten him". I called Momochi going 1-2 when I realized he was going to play Luffy, I called Kazunoko winning the whole thing when Infiltration was eliminated because who else was going to beat him? Snake Eyez maybe? But I saw no chance of Snake Eyez getting past Daigo for the same reasons.

Huge props to Kazunoko for taking it, but not running into Bonchan and Momochi played a huge role in that. Same way it was unfortunate for Daigo to have to get through Kazunoko to take the whole thing and that was the only guy in this tourney that I was hoping Daigo could avoid because he's gotten bopped over and over by Kaz since beating him in Canada Cup Masters Series.

But anyways I blame myself for Daigo not winning. Evil Ryu has a corner fake cross up against Yun that is unescapable unless he blocks correctly. Yun can't reversal, but he can dash out and take a small punish though. I blame myself for not getting this tech to Daigo. It could have changed the match up entirely. I don't know how Daigo is going to corner Kaz and put him in that situation. But who cares, it could have won him the match if he knew this.

There were people who could beat him but they all flamed out early - Nemo, Bonchan, Momochi.

Nemo would have lost to Kazunoko I think though because there last match was close he would have had a better chance than Daigo. I think Infiltration would have beaten him and gone on to win the tournament as he would also beat Xian and Poongko.

There were people who could beat him but they all flamed out early - Nemo, Bonchan, Momochi.

not nemo. But Xiaohai, Fuudo, Tokido. Heck, Kazunoko lost to Itazan and Mago at Canada Cup. All these guys were sent to the losers bracket early

Then again, a lot of these guys could have easily prevented daigo from getting as far as he did too.

mugwhump

Damn, watching Misse's performance here made me want Makoto for SFV... like real bad.

I wonder if we'll see most SFIV characters end up appearing. If they can reuse some character assets that would make it more likely.

mbpm1

I have the same sentiments Kid A, the player match ups really do matter. I don't buy into the "he was unstoppable that day, no one could have beaten him". I called Momochi going 1-2 when I realized he was going to play Luffy, I called Kazunoko winning the whole thing when Infiltration was eliminated because who else was going to beat him? Snake Eyez maybe? But I saw no chance of Snake Eyez getting past Daigo for the same reasons.

Huge props to Kazunoko for taking it, but not running into Bonchan and Momochi played a huge role in that. Same way it was unfortunate for Daigo to have to get through Kazunoko to take the whole thing and that was the only guy in this tourney that I was hoping Daigo could avoid because he's gotten bopped over and over by Kaz since beating him in Canada Cup Masters Series.

But anyways I blame myself for Daigo not winning. Evil Ryu has a corner fake cross up against Yun that is unescapable unless he blocks correctly. Yun can't reversal, but he can dash out and take a small punish though. I blame myself for not getting this tech to Daigo. It could have changed the match up entirely. I don't know how Daigo is going to corner Kaz and put him in that situation. But who cares, it could have won him the match if he knew this.

FGW| Blame Rice Eater

Biggest Choke: Dashio failing to time his punish correctly to take game 1 against Xian after Xian did wake up EX DP
Everyone was choking to Xian this tournament. He stole the Wong factor from Justin sheesh.

I don't really blame Dashio completely for dropping that punish, trying to get a max damage punish after a Gen DP is always awkward because they can alter the timing of the recovery.

chokes everywhere

I blame myself for Xian getting that far because I used to bother him on twitter about learning armor cancels and that anti-Seth fireball crossup tech was SICKNASTY.

So Misse inspired me, can anyone point me in the direction of some nice Makoto USFIV info? I really just want some nice stuff to get started like:

best anti-airs?
mid range stuff, what to do outside of trying to drop axe kicks on heads?
good ways to hit ultra?
some simple BnBs?
In general, what to use meter on?

Codeblue

Just got through all of this. Keoma was mad impressive.

Pretty bummed Daigo didn't win. I wanted all of this to end how it started.

Top Bottom