• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom E3 lineup: Dead Rising 3 PC, Ace Attorney Trilogy 3DS, MH mobile, MH4U, USF4

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
-Hey, MH doesn't sell as well in 3DS, Wii & WiiU as it did in PSP! Let's think something!
-mmmm... how about is we go back to Sony portables?
-No, let's port a MH PSP to iOS intead!
Go back to sony portables where the overall install base is less than the sales of MH4?

Lol

Hell fuckin' yeah for Ace Attorney Trilogy! Can't wait for that shit.

I'm a little disappoint because I thought MH4U was going to be a Wii U port but it wasn't. Ah well. I'm still not ruling it out yet.

gblues

Banned
What's the probability that the 3DS AA trilogy just recycles the assets from the iOS version? I'm leaning pretty close to 100%.

Zimmy64

I consider myself a Capcom Apologist, but even I find that lineup terrible, and quite frankly they are going to have to surprise us with more than Resident Evil to have much of an impact.

Naminator

Banned
I honestly wonder what the hell is wrong with Capcom?

I think that an RPG like Dragons Dogma would sell very well on the PC, especially compared to fighting games like SF.

I just don't get it, don't they look at Dark Souls and think, yeah we want some of that pie?

Man, I feel like with each passing year, Capcom is just getting smaller and smaller,

I totally agree with this sentiment.

How can a company with such deep roster of IP, not have a semi-consistent offering for that ip?

I'm not looking for a yearly franchise like Madden from EA.

But seriously a company develops this great ip, has a following, and does not follow it up in over 3-5 years has got to be missed opportunity and poor business IMHO.

Also WHERE'S MARVEL? A game this big in E-Sports FGC should get more support then a release every ten years.

Capcom is getting smaller, only because of their own fault not keeping momentum of their enourmous reserves of ip IMHO.

I guess they are keeping some surprises for e3.
Didn't they say last year dragon's dogma was a bigger success for them than expected? Maybe they'll show a teaser for a sequel.
I also expect something resident evil related.
What has been announced seems too less.
Maybe some more japan focused stuff will be shown, too.

Jawmuncher

Like everyone else that is one weak lineup. Even if DR3 on PC and AA trilogy are nice surprises.
Hopefully their reveals make up for it.

Anteater

Dead rising 3 is critically acclaimed?

Some reviewers like it, it has a pretty decent metacritic score of 78, so compared to some of the next gen titles, it's up there, in comparison, watch dogs is at 78 for xbox one, infamous second son is 80 on ps4, etc

Silky

Banned
I totally agree with this sentiment.

How can a company with such deep roster of IP, not have a semi-consistent offering for that ip?

I'm not looking for a yearly franchise like Madden from EA.

But seriously a company develops this great ip, has a following, and does not follow it up in over 3-5 years has got to be missed opportunity and poor business IMHO.

Also WHERE'S MARVEL? A game this big in E-Sports FGC should get more support then a release every ten years.

Capcom is getting smaller, only because of their own fault not keeping momentum of their enourmous reserves of ip IMHO.

1) Because said 'deep roster' of IP doesn't sell to anyone. As much as I want Cyberbots 2, it will never happen because it will never sell.

2) Their successful IP are the ones being continued. They're not gonna take a gamble and re-release another sequel to an old title unless it's downloadable and/or outsourced. And usually the outsourced efforts are very good.

3) Licensing issues. Disney owns Marvel . Disney is rethinking on what to do properly with the Marvel IP.

Actually take the incentive to do research.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So nothing new and a Mobile game?

Ports to other platforms and a mobile title, so yeah.

A bit of a shame they're doing AA1-3 3DS but won't even localize Edgeworth 2. :|
Nor give us retail releases anymore, I don't trust Nintendo's DRM system as far as I can throw it.

Go back to sony portables where the overall install base is less than the sales of MH4?

Lol

They should be supporting ALL Platforms. Mobile included

Its called expansion. And GE2 sold over 400K on Vita in Japan alone

MH On Vita would sell over a Mil easy. Its easy money being left on the table

That list is Playable games on the Floor

I would expect a new RE to pop up this year, but a new Dino Crisis or Onimusha is what we deserve.

That lineup likely only represents games playable on the floor

Its likely we will get some trailers for early development titles.... or not...

For some reason Japanese Devs typically dont invest heavily into E3

Dead Rising just doesn't play well without a controller. Then again, I always hated the aiming in that game, so maybe PC is the way to go assuming the port is not garbage (but it might be, ports being ports and all).

I'd rather have a new Resident Evil that didn't suck though. Bring back the horror into survival horror please! No more zombies with guns!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Dead Rising just doesn't play well without a controller. Then again, I always hated the aiming in that game, so maybe PC is the way to go assuming the port is not garbage (but it might be, ports being ports and all).

I'd rather have a new Resident Evil that didn't suck though. Bring back the horror into survival horror please! No more zombies with guns!

You do know that you can use a controller with a PC, right?

Meia

1) Because said 'deep roster' of IP doesn't sell to anyone. As much as I want Cyberbots 2, it will never happen because it will never sell.

2) Their successful IP are the ones being continued. They're not gonna take a gamble and re-release another sequel to an old title unless it's downloadable and/or outsourced. And usually the outsourced efforts are very good.

3) Licensing issues. Disney owns Marvel . Disney is rethinking on what to do properly with the Marvel IP.

Actually take the incentive to do research.

I agree with 3, but I think 1 has more to do with what Sterling said about some companies wanting to make all of the money instead of some of it, so instead they'd rather make none of it.

Capcom strikes me as a company exactly like this. Not really wanting to take many risks, and because of budgets being so bloated that a game has to do insane numbers to be considered profitable. I don't believe a Dragon's Dogma port would not make back the money it would cost to make it(and I think Dark Souls has shown that), but they're simply not interested, so here, have another version of Street Fighter.

Though, I guess I should just be thankful Ace Attorney isn't on the same barge Mega Man is being set adrift.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
They should be supporting ALL Platforms. Mobile included

Its called expansion. And GE2 sold over 400K on Vita in Japan alone

MH On Vita would sell over a Mil easy. Its easy money being left on the table

That list is Playable games on the Floor

Maybe you should request GE2 to be released on 3DS and mobile instead then for expansion reason

Since MH will be coming to iphone too, but not GE2

Top Bottom