• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CAPCOM files trademark for "ONIMUSHA" (Not Renew)

Jawmuncher

I think a remaster would be pretty likely. With REmake they've shown that they'll touch up the 2D backgrounds now.

Dino Crisis must be soon

Corpsepyre

Banned
I guess we can now look forward to actually PLAYING that intro to Onimusha 3, or something that looks highly similar, right? RIGHT?

UrbanRats

k18pPLH.jpg

IS THIS A TRAP BY CAPCOM????

They're all about pleasing fans now, no? Dragon's Dogma on PC, Resident Evil 2 remake... it's totally possible Onimusha is back.

Jawmuncher

So when Capcom trademarked Devil May Cry awhile back was that for DmC DE or DMC4 SE? Recall it was awhile back on those. Just seeing if there is something comparable.

Boomshaw

Banned
Capcom didn't even have money for a new Street Fighter let alone Onimusha.

Unless, it is an exclusivity deal similar to SFIV, no chance this is a new game.

Nottle

give us remasters please before a new one, never played an Onimusha game

*runs away*

Its an incredibly cheap series to get into. Looking it up on amazon if you bought each game used, it would come to like 14 dollars. The most expensive one Onimusha 4 Dawn of Dreams some would say isn't worth playing so if you played the first 3 its like 4 dollars.

Don't do this to me.

Seriously I'll take anything. I've been begging for them to become PSN classics, even that would have been enough.

It's more likely that this is what happens when publishers realize the traditional gaming market is declining and they're scrambling to fix it.

This has been something I have been saying for some time. Japanese publishers waited on the sidelines to see where audiences would go while Western publishers took an active part in bringing in audiences. So here we are with all these western pubs with billion dollar earning games while Japanese publishers have barely released anything.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
This has been something I have been saying for some time. Japanese publishers waited on the sidelines to see where audiences would go while Western publishers took an active part in bringing in audiences. So here we are with all these western pubs with billion dollar earning games while Japanese publishers have barely released anything.

That's part of the reason why..they have lost marketshare to mobile gaming.....you know...its sad.

That's part of the reason why..they have lost marketshare to mobile gaming.....you know...its sad.

It's not like they didn't try there as well too you know. The problem with mobile in the west is that it is near impossible to make a smash hit. Mobile is such a fickle market, that no nobody can predict. The most successful games are made by non household names.

Apathy

Well, that's something I was not expecting at all. It's this a psx announcement based on how close we are to it?

Raitaro

Honestly, in a world where a RE2 remake, FFVII remake (and Cloud in Smash announcement), Shenmue 3 (and possible Outrun spiritual sequel after that) and Platinum made Transformers and TMNT games exist, a new Onimusha (or Dino Crisis, Mega Man, GnG, or Darkstalkers for that matter) wouldn't be that out of place anymore.

That said...

O.O

Wow if this will result in an actual new Onimusha game!

(Hey Konami, why not announce a new Casltevania game as well while the stars are aligned properly?)

Shadoken

These games still have the best CG intros ever. Awesome news , I wouldn't be shocked to see a PSX reveal. This IP was huge in Japan , hopefully it can make PS4 bigger there.

People should srsly stop believing this.

But on that note , I dont think Onimusha would come back without financial backing from somewhere else. Capcom would rather fund other bigger IPs they have RE,DMC,DR.

Sesha

"Ten years have passed. A new hero arrives, with the power.

Onimusha lives.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA"

Unless, it is an exclusivity deal similar to SFIV, no chance this is a new game.

That was in 2013. And they had money for a SF5 but in 2018. The deal with SCE changed that to 2016.

With the successes of MH4U, MHX, RE HD, Rev 2, DR3, DMC4SE their console side of things is doing much better than in the 2013-14 fiscal years.

Top Bottom