• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom FY 2014/2015 Results: MH4U 3.4 million, RE Revelations 2 1.1 million

Astral Dog

I think REV 2 would benefit from a little tv ad to increase awareness, RE is a very popular series and the new one was well recieved. should be higher than REmake.

ArjanN

Isn't 1.1 millions a little low for a game that was released worldwide on 5 platforms?

These RE Revelations 2 numbers are terrible given the cumulative number of platforms the game was released on regardless of budget.

capcomplan2by2u.png

"Plan to launch RE Revelations 2 early in 2015 globally with the sales goal of one million units."

So, no. It did better than they projected.

Thoraxes

Well I'm one of the few person who realize that hunting action game is best on handheld, so staying there is a wish of mine:p
So yeah by traditional gaming platform, I'm including handhelds there.
Oooo okay, I didn't know if you were differentiating or not, my bad! I know some people don't so I wasn't sure.
Wait, which titles did they make on mobile?
That new action type game is coming out soon I think. also there was a port.

Astral Dog

capcomplan2by2u.png

"Plan to launch RE Revelations 2 early in 2015 globally with the sales goal of one million units."

So, no. It did better than they projected.

When something like Operation Raccon city can move like 3 million (?), 1 million seems low, i get that they achieved their goal and the game was a relative success, but i wonder if they could have done more, RE has a good presence on retail and with a proper push i can see it reach 2 million,

I hope the series sees a huge change with these poor numbers.

nn

It's been three months since the release date, more than 1 million copies have been sold, I have logged over 250h in the game... and you are still fuming.

Did you run out of things to do in Bloodborne?

iFhVHZqiZ6FEh.jpg

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
When something like Operation Raccon city can move like 3 million (?), 1 million seems low, i get that they achieved their goal and the game was a relative success, but i wonder if they could have done more, RE has a good presence on retail and with a proper push i can see it reach 2 million,

Its not a shooter, and its a low budget title starring lesser popular characters.

Top Bottom