• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: If there's demand for God hand on steam, please keep vocalizing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd buy it. I'd get dragons dogma too, I played a bit of the free PS+ version and I refeuse to play it like that when it clearly deserves a platform that can run it well.

Sanctuary

I haven't read the history of the game, but it always reminded me of the modern version of Last Battle (which was a really shitty Genesis game based off of FotNS), and the only FotNS game that mattered. No More Heroes also feels like it was inspired quite a bit by God Hand in many respects.

I wouldn't hold my breath for Dragon's Dogma. Capcom doesn't like their PC fans that much.

Lain

I'd rather have Dragon's Dogma on Steam before God Hand, personally, but sure, another game on Steam is always welcome.

Hellraider

I want to see the following ports from Capcom:

DMC3SE PC (non shit version)
DMC1 (basically the HD version from the collection put on the PC)
Dragon's Dogma
UMVC3
Godhand
Okami
Viewtiful Joe series
Monster Hunter series

If Capcom was smart, DMC3 Ultimate edition would be already on its way. It's the next logical step after RE4:UE. DMC1 and, well, DMC2 would come after that. We need all these to sell a gazilion copies to go for games like god hand, okami and the viewtiful joes.

I don't see UMVC3 and Monster Hunter series ever coming no matter what happens.

And of course Dragon's Dogma is the biggest question here since I have no damn idea why it's not already on PC. It doesn't make the slightest sense.

Well, the best thing we need to do aside from being "vocal" is to get RE4:UE.

I bought God Hand on PSN in January, it's incredible! A Steam release should happen just to get the game out to a bigger audience. It deserves to be remembered.

m00h

Banned
I never heard about God Hand before, but after a few youtube reviews I believe this is exactly the kind of games I would love to play.

Capcom, why the fuck are you even asking? DO IT! Bring all of your unreleased titles on PC!
For a PC version of Dragon's Dogma I will choke you to death with my money!

Anteater

How can we show our demand for this? Another petition?

I know they have twitter

https://twitter.com/Capcom_Unity

https://twitter.com/Capcom_UK

Capcom, why the fuck are you even asking? DO IT! Bring all of your unreleased titles on PC!
For a PC version of Dragon's Dogma I will choke you to death with my money!

Capcom Japan =/ I feel like that they are often oblivious of what's going on in the west despite them wanting to pursuit global success.

I don't think another petition will work unless it's made by Capcom themselves and made public across all the relevant big gaming media.

I still feel disheartened about the last SEGA petition.

Anteater

I don't think another petition will work unless it's made by Capcom themselves and made public across all the relevant big gaming media.

I still feel disheartened about the last SEGA petition.

It's really hard for games like that, how do you expect people who has never heard of your game to sign a petition for a port? Especially the company itself isn't making any effort at selling the game to that demographic. Half of the people who demands it are probably people that already played the game.

Your not alexander!? Ok I bought godhand twice. Once for ps2 and once on psn. Was it worth it. Fuck yes. Would buy faster than an apocolyptic beatdown by the god hand.

Jeb

Bought this game off PSN a couple of months ago, now its one of my all time favorite games.

They don't make them like this anymore, its a game made to be as fun and challenging as it can be, everything about it, from the crappy graphics, to the crazy off the wall moves, to the wild sense of humor is done so that the trip to the mad yet wonderful world God Hand one of the best choices I've made last year.

And don't get me started on that music.

Must resist, posting more...

Yes Capcom, there is a need, i'm definitely double dipping, and for anyone who hasn't got it yet, I cannot recommend this game enough, it really is one of those games I will never stop recommending, to EVERYONE!

Mupod

I dunno if I'd buy it again since I've had it since the day it came out and that version works just fine, but I'd really enjoy watching people complain about getting beat up by Gold and Silver again.

Crayons

Banned
Nope, I've had enough of begging for scraps like a dog under a kitchen table. Capcom pulls this shit with every game people want to play, I'm done with them and I hope they stop their childish games because if they don't want my money I'm not gonna beg them to let me give it to them.

Kumubou

When was the last time a representative from Capcom made a statement like this that led to anything? The cynic in me thinks responses like that are just a ploy to drive up buzz and SEO for the company in general. They have more than enough data about their old games and how much staff they would need to port each game -- they don't do it because they either can't justify it (either they think it would be unprofitable or the opportunity cost would be too much), or because they don't know what they're doing (and everyone involved is boned anyway).

I do believe that there was a legit push for a PC version of Dragon's Dogma from the western side at one point, but it ultimately failed because of Reasons.

Dragon's Dogma needs a PC port more than God Hand. Unlike God Hand, Dragon's Dogma could benefit infinitely from increased resolution and higher framerate. God Hand runs fine on its own.

rjc571

Banned
I'd happily buy it as long as it isn't locked at 30 fps. Though I was pretty surprised when I found out recently that the PS2 version only ran at 30. I haven't played it since around 2007 but I thought I remembered the animation being really smooth.

Anteater

I'd happily buy it as long as it isn't locked at 30 fps. Though I was pretty surprised when I found out recently that the PS2 version only ran at 30. I haven't played it since around 2007 but I thought I remembered the animation being really smooth.

It's still smooth but yeah most of Mikami's games were 30fps, god hand, RE4 and vanquish.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Never played God Hand, would love to on Steam. I'm guessing God Hand uses the same engine as Resident Evil 4 does as they were made around the same time which is why this was said?

Capcom should work on a HD port of God Hand reworked using the panta rhei engine. a game like God Hand getting a beautiful HD re-release this early in the eighth generation for PS4 and Xbox One could give the series a new audience and breathe life into the franchise.

gblues

Banned
Dear Capcom, why not hire actual market researchers instead of making your customers literally beg for games like fucking Oliver Twist?

And if being forced to beg wasn't a stab in the back, let's twist the knife in the wound by blaming the fans when the project gets announced and subsequently cancelled.

No, I'm not bitter about MML3 at all...

Y'know, I could swear that the demand for Gene in (U)MvC3 was pretty high and pretty well vocalized and look what that got us.

With that said, Capcom, if you port things to PC (specifically Steam and especially God hand), I will buy them.

Well, that and I'd like you to remove GFWL from the stuff you do have on steam, but that's another thread.

TL;DR: I'd buy it.

iavi

Dear Capcom, why not hire actual market researchers instead of making your customers literally beg for games like fucking Oliver Twist?

And if being forced to beg wasn't a stab in the back, let's twist the knife in the wound by blaming the fans when the project gets announced and subsequently cancelled.

MML3 saltiness aside, this.

The #s talk, and capcom has those. The only thing this 'vocalize for demand' bullshit is, is whoever asks for it trying to keep their name in net rotation in a desired light. With the growth of Steam, the PC platform, and (unfortunately) late ports, I'm beginning to notice publishers spout this BS more & more.

Well then lets hope GH really does happen, they can't continue trolling their fans in this way as it'll become a boy who cried wolf when it comes to games they do release, killing hype and buzz for those games as well as sales especially pre orders.

I WOULD hope Capcom gets this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom