• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Rumor Capcom is working on a Resident Evil 4 remake

VulcanRaven

Jan 7, 2018
Instead of a Resident Evil, why not a Dino Crisis remake? Taking advantage of the power of Xbox Series X and PS5, the dinosaurs could look more life like than EVER before..
Also there is a new Jurassic World movie coming out next year so this would be the best time to make a new Dino Crisis game.

JimmyRustler

Jun 17, 2006
Also there is a new Jurassic World movie coming out next year so this would be the best time to make a new Dino Crisis game.
Wasn't there talk circulating that they were already working on a new Dino Crisis but it was scrapped because it didn't pan out? Even though only rumor, I think it's pretty believable. The only reason Capcom didn't revive DC yet is because didn't make it work so far. Hopefully in the new gen now.

Spaceman292

Mar 11, 2019
Instead of a Resident Evil, why not a Dino Crisis remake? Taking advantage of the power of Xbox Series X and PS5, the dinosaurs could look more life like than EVER before..
Well, everyone knows what Resident Evil is and no one has even uttered the words 'dino crisis' for about twenty years.

SuperGooey

Oct 31, 2019
To everyone asking for a new Dino Crisis game:

Have you played the original? Because it's not great. The second game is a completely different genre of game, and the third one is pure shit.

RAIDEN1

Aug 2, 2013
To everyone asking for a new Dino Crisis game:

Have you played the original? Because it's not great. The second game is a completely different genre of game, and the third one is pure shit.
That doesn't mean they couldn't take into consideration what was wrong with the previous entries, and improve upon it.....if Streets of Rage can bounce back after part 3, why not Dino Crisis?

Fake

Dec 20, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
That doesn't mean they couldn't take into consideration what was wrong with the previous entries, and improve upon it.....if Streets of Rage can bounce back after part 3, why not Dino Crisis?

Thats because between Street of Rage and Golden Axe, Street of Rage is more popular. Same with Resident Evil and Dino Crisis.

People are really asking for the impossible here. Dino Crisis is pretty much a Resident Evil with dinos, but how can people ask for a Dino Crisis Remake after that RE2 and RE3 remakes that act more like reboots than remake?

I saying that because I like RE2 and RE3, but hate those reboots that change the core aspect of the original game.
IDK if giving Dino Crisis a 'RE4 style' will make wonders. Could be even worst, turning Dino Crisis into a first person shooter like the recent RE.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019
How I see it, dinosaurs are too hard to nail it nowadays, too fast, agile, intelligent and deadly, to make them credible right now

As for atmospheres, Capcom rocks, see the whole re2make, or 3make's hospital
Still pretty sad tho, I'm waiting for a proper Dino Crisis return since I played dc2 in the first 2000s, sigh