• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom replace Okami box art in US (AKA they found out about the IGN watermark)

cvxfreak

jiji said:
Whoever put the box art together took the piece of background art from IGN and incompletely 'shopped out the watermark, instead of just getting the artwork from an internal Capcom source.

I find it kind of funny taking into account the Resident Evil 4 Classic Edition April fool's thread, where people mentioned that a professional company like Capcom would never make amateur mistakes as what appeared on the RE4CE April fools thread.

Dark Octave said:
How did this happen in the first place? What does IGN have to do with the development or art for a Capcom game, for their logo to appear on one of their products, even if just by mistake?
Capcom rep takes pic fromt heir site

makes boxart

wala

jiji said:
Whoever put the box art together took the piece of background art from IGN and incompletely 'shopped out the watermark, instead of just getting the artwork from an internal Capcom source.
Doh! Do they just select anybody (the highest bidder) to design the boxes out of their house? Or select an intern to do it on their lunch break? Either someone is a lazy SoB, or someone at Capcom was blowing them off and not supplying them with the art. I know how it can be with these big companies.

To this day, I would still like to know the name of the man (child?) who drew the cover for the original Megaman.

250px-MegamanBox.jpg

CTLance

A Link to the Snitch said:
They should do this as standard. I mean, wouldn't it be awesome if all the companies offered tons of alternate box arts for sale.
Yeah. I'd buy two of the three covers for a few (2?) bucks a piece plus shipping. Dunno if this is feasible (or profitable), though.

ckeur

mjc said:
Time to go to the nearest shop to purchase a copy of the shitty cover.

Haha, agreed. I just ordered the new box art, now just need the game. Been planning on getting it, but I guess I have more motivation now.

botticus

Well, they have accelerated my purchase of the game at least, good show Capcom! Needed something new for my Wii anyway.

Acid08

Banned
I picked up the PS2 one when it came out, but only got about halfway through it. Recently started playing it again, and it's so incredible. I ordered the Cherry Blossom cover so I could have a cool Okami mini-poster on my wall :D

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
How can you order them? Do you have to prove that you bought the game somehow?
If not... Is it allowed to ask whether someone could order the pink one for a european? :D
Moneybookers transfer for shipping costs if anyone would be interested in helping out =)

MoogPaul

you don't need proof of purchase to order the cover and I think you can order multiple covers (possibly not under the same name)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
MoogPaul said:
you don't need proof of purchase to order the cover and I think you can order multiple covers (possibly not under the same name)

I know then everybody is going to ask it >__> Am I the first? xD

But I really really would like to have these =) If possible all three ^^ But it would be awesome to have one of them. Doesnt look like the normal Covers and a bit special =)
So if thats not the problem can someone who may help me contact me via private message? THANKS =) =) =)

Firestorm

cvxfreak said:
I find it kind of funny taking into account the Resident Evil 4 Classic Edition April fool's thread, where people mentioned that a professional company like Capcom would never make amateur mistakes as what appeared on the RE4CE April fools thread.

I can see future threads:
"It's not real, I see a watermark!"
"Yeah, they made a mistake like with Okami"

LiK

does anyone with a comcast email get an email confirmation? i tried twice and i didn't get the email. when i used a gmail account i got the confirmation. i hope they dont take me off the list for submitting 3 times...

Ricker

Farore said:
So.. US only? What about Canada or Mexico?

Was wondering this also... i want to know before i go to my nearest EBGames up here and ask about this and get the wtf are you talking about look hehe...

Ramune

Dark Octave said:
Doh! Do they just select anybody (the highest bidder) to design the boxes out of their house? Or select an intern to do it on their lunch break? Either someone is a lazy SoB, or someone at Capcom was blowing them off and not supplying them with the art. I know how it can be with these big companies.

To this day, I would still like to know the name of the man (child?) who drew the cover for the original Megaman.

250px-MegamanBox.jpg

I can't remember which thread this was in, but I distinctly remember a GAFFER saying he has the guy as his neighbor. Probably would have heard more from him if this was indeed true though. But who knows......if that was true, who ever said that needs to grill him on his past! :D

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Decent of them. I'll just order the cleaned up version of the current borked cover art.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Evlar said:
Bloody... I'm considering buying the game just to get the middle cover.
You don't need to prove you own the game. Just get the cover. I am going to put it in place of my PS2 version, since the 2 replacement covers have no Wii logo on them :lol

Okay, I'm sick of people blowing this out of proportion. Get something better to bitch about. This is the internet, a bunch of different computers are all connected to it at the same time! So whoever designed the art used IGN rather than original sources... WHO CARES?

Props to Capcom for sending out free replacements, though. Imagine all of the extra money publishers would make from GAF users if they would sell these "special edition" art covers for all of their games. :lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
blame space said:
Okay, I'm sick of people blowing this out of proportion. Get something better to bitch about. This is the internet, a bunch of different computers are all connected to it at the same time! So whoever designed the art used IGN rather than original sources... WHO CARES?

Props to Capcom for sending out free replacements, though. Imagine all of the extra money publishers would make from GAF users if they would sell these "special edition" art covers for all of their games. :lol
In case anyone cares, I bet the reason why the mistake was made was the original was lost when Clover got shut down, and IGN was the only place they could find it.

dfi

One thing about the controls is the more the you play the better you get at them.

I'm pretty much able to draw straight lines and circles at will now. I don't find the controls to be an obstacle to the enjoyment of the game anymore.

Top Bottom