• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom reveals new render for Akuma in Street Fighter 6 in anticipation for his release in 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member

From previous teases of Akuma in Street Fighter 6, we already knew that he would have gray or white hair instead of his usual red hair. Like all the other veterans of the series, it seems that Akuma has aged quite a bit in Street Fighter 6.

However, this latest render of Akuma portrays him in a way that's darker than ever before. He has a real menacing look this time around.

Akuma's always had this backstory that he's willing to throw away his humanity if it means becoming stronger. This new image of Akuma shows him appearing in a particularly demonic or undead state.

Celcius

°Temp. member
He looks awesome.
Unfortunately I'm just going to wait until they release the Turbo/Arcade/Championship edition and buy that rather than all of the individual character passes.
Can't wait to see his supers though.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Starting to look like gouken. Wish they did an akuma fallen on hard times. Comb over beer belly, reading glasses and velour tracksuit. Would be randomly insane enough for me lol.

bender

What time is it?
Wake me up when...

balrog-super1.gif

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
With everything that's been going on, I glanced at the thread title and read capcom reveals new gender for Akuma....

My heart sank, but all is well.

Last edited:

Dr_Salt

Idk if it is the coloring or what but the artwork makes it look like the norwood reaper finally came to him.

OneDrop_

Neo Member
He looks awesome.
Unfortunately I'm just going to wait until they release the Turbo/Arcade/Championship edition and buy that rather than all of the individual character passes.
Can't wait to see his supers though.
It's a fighting game. It will be dead by the the time you buy it.

consoul

2D images are also called renders.
If they're rendered, sure.
A hand-drawn image is not rendered. If it hasn't been produced by a rendering process, it's not a render.

*edit* Nevermind. I suppose hand-drawn digital art does go through some kind of rendering process.

Last edited:
Art made using computer software, whether 2D or 3D, are considered renders. In other words, 3D renders are a type.

Not generally.

Only if that art is in fact generated algorithmically by the computer is it a "rendered", because by definition it's been "rendered".

2D art that's been composed by a human artist on a computer using a stylus digitizer interface is not "rendered". It's human-composed, human-generated art.

Edit:
I think you're using the term "render" more broadly in that the image is rendered (i.e. a representation) on a screen. But in computer graphics, when we talk about rendered art, we're typically talking about art that has been generated by an algorithm (it may use elements that are human artist-generated, e.g. textures, but the final image goes through a rendering process to produce the final composition).

Last edited:

NikuNashi

I've lost interest in 6. Have not played in months, but this gets a tingle in my balls. Akuma is my main and he looks awesome so will def jump back in.

I doubt I'll use him since I tend to dislike OP shotos, but his Street Fighter V variant was definitely the best one yet as far as design and mechanics. Looking forward to fighting against the hordes with AKI, Blanka and probably Ed.

Top Bottom