• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom secret Wii project still coming (It wasn't Spyborgs)

tabsina

batbeg said:
They didn't say that, I'm pretty sure. The text within the quotation marks is NGamers, the rest is probably from a website or something.

Edit: Or not. I don't really understand the context of the quote to be honest.

looks like i was a bit off, and the way they did say it is questionable

The question was "Are we going to see Bionic Commando, Lost Planet or something like this on the Wii?" Mr. Svensson replied, "Possible... the "or something like this" part we could talk about in a couple weeks perhaps."

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=11897

DXB-KNIGHT said:
Will UC2 be "a surprising take on a next-gen favourite" ?

I think it will be a spinoff God forbids.

You are right, RE isn't next-gen right now.

The only thing that is clear right now, is the fact that it won't be a casual-game

Linkup

their ultra top secret Wii title

They try to hard to make this into something special. Doesn't matter if it was something awesome, ultra top secret? Give me a break are all their readers kids? Why is it with wii words like "secret" get thrown around to try and excite people?

Well, I'm guessing this is the project Inafune is working on, so I'm guessing LP or DR, both would work in that LP can utilize the Wii shooting mechanics and DR syncs with that niche for over the top violence that NMH and MW are after as well. Personally, I'm guessing LP, DR might be too difficult to replicate on the Wii, but I could be wrong.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Linkup said:
They try to hard to make this into something special. Doesn't matter if it was something awesome, ultra top secret? Give me a break are all their readers kids? Why is it with wii words like "secret" get thrown around to try and excite people?

It's hard to disparage a magazine or website for using that kind of language when its that exact language that engenders this discussion in the first place, much less it generated enough interest from you to consider posting in the very same thread, no?

Branskins

Please please please be a Resident Evil with 4's controls!!!

Edit: But then again, that could steal some of 5's thunder.

Hiltz

As of right now, I have lowered my expectations. After the Neopets and Spyborg game announcements, I just can't handle another disappointment. Capcom, you have been one of the few big third-party developers that have offered impressive titles on the Wii even if some of them were ports but I hope you step up to the plate and offer something really exciting this time. Please no more ports and spin-offs.

Perdew

Mega Man 9 (hopefully), Monster Hunter 3... I'll go ahead and say that they are making Bionic Commando with 1:1 arm waggling.
Even if I don't believe it

TunaLover

Mefisutoferesu said:
Well, I'm guessing this is the project Inafune is working on, so I'm guessing LP or DR, both would work in that LP can utilize the Wii shooting mechanics and DR syncs with that niche for over the top violence that NMH and MW are after as well. Personally, I'm guessing LP, DR might be too difficult to replicate on the Wii, but I could be wrong.

Inafune confirmed that he´s developing for Wii, now that you mention it, makes perfect sense. The "a new take" worry me thought.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
TunaLover said:
Inafune confirmed that he´s developing for Wii, now that you mention it, makes perfect sense. The "a new take" worry me thought.

What is Inafune's involvement with Monster Hunter? I know he announced MH3 at the Nintendo PC last October.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
PantherLotus said:
I'm not saying Capcom hasn't done an above average job so far, i'm just saying lower your expecations.

Why? I should expect something good. If they cant deliver, fuck em

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
HK-47 said:
Why? I should expect something good. If they cant deliver, fuck em
Of all the developers on the Wii, Capcom gets a free pass due to their Wii Catalogue (even with Spyborgs)

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
olubode said:
Of all the developers on the Wii, Capcom gets a free pass due to their Wii Catalogue (even with Spyborgs)

I'm not giving them a free pass if its junk

Caj814

I honestly would want something original to come but if it were a franchise,I want to see an Ace Attorney game get a full blown console game to see what they'll do with it. . .
I would like to believe but that will most likely never happen anytime soon ; ;

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
HK-47 said:
I'm not giving them a free pass if its junk
Your right. I meant to say that I will give them the benefit of the doubt til I actually play the game.

Ramenman

Caj814 said:
I honestly would want something original to come but if it were a franchise,I want to see an Ace Attorney game get a full blown console game to see what they'll do with it. . .
I would like to believe but that will most likely never happen anytime soon ; ;

I'd want too, but there's no way Ace Attorney is a "next gen favorite".

batbeg

I've now seen two people mention HD games in this thread. I don't think the reason we're not seeing HD sprites on the Wii is because of the company's lack of interest for it...

thefro

There's a bullet with our name on it if we speak of their ultra top secret Wii title (a surprising take on a next-gen favourite), so we'll stick to the safer, though still intruiging, Spyborgs.

Really could be any of Devil May Cry, Lost Planet, or Dead Rising.

Mega Man Wii
Ace Attorney Wii
Maximo Wii
Viewtiful Joe Wii
Dead Phoenix
Dino Crisis Wii
RE: UC 2
RE Wii
Clock Tower Wii

...any or all of these would be welcome, Capcom :D

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
SF, RE, LP or DR. Nothing else makes sense.

FoneBone

Now that I think about it... anybody remember the rumors of a Chun Li beat-'em-up, coming out around the same time as the movie?

Street Fighter Legends, anyone?

TreIII

They still had two projects left to announce right?

So, even if this explicitly wasn't referring to Rockman 9, it doesn't necessarily remove it from being a Wii possibility. Inafune practically was inches away from confirming that Rockman Wii was a reality, and SurferGirl seems to back it up...

Top Bottom