• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom will not remake other RE games after RE3, but intends to reboot two IPs ...

Nickolaidas

DuskGolem, a leaker who has proven his credibility more than once, hinted that Capcom will be taking a break from RE reboots after RE3 (which probably means that the Resident Evil 1 Re-Remake will be a PS6 game), but they intend to bring back two IPs.

My guess is two of the following three IPs: Dino Crisis, Onimusha, or Darkstalkers.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I can make a statement but I'm not an insider. Someone I know who has links to the FGC shown me DMs with someone who said they knew of a new Guilty Gear before Strive even got announced. They also said Capcom has DarkStalkers ready to go but they're just sitting on it.

Again, don't ban my ass.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
DuskGolem, a leaker who has proven his credibility more than once, hinted that Capcom will be taking a break from RE reboots after RE3 (which probably means that the Resident Evil 1 Re-Remake will be a PS6 game), but they intend to bring back two IPs.

My guess is two of the following three IPs: Dino Crisis, Onimusha, or Darkstalkers.

Nickolaidas

I can make a statement but I'm not an insider. Someone I know who has links to the FGC shown me DMs with someone who said they knew of a new Guilty Gear before Strive even got announced. They also said Capcom has DarkStalkers ready to go but they're just sitting on it.

Again, don't ban my ass.

Hmm, what does 'ready to go' mean? It's ready and they're waiting for a time to reveal it? To the point where it will seem like a last-gen game? Or have they simply worked through the mechanics and the gameplay, and will now start working on the models and the animations?

In any case, good news if true. Onimusha, Dino Crisis and Darkstalkers are IPs I love and would really want to see make a comeback.

Nickolaidas

Ah, sorry man - I thought your topic was only about Resident Evil and not the other IPs.

Mods, feel free to lock this thread.

-MD-

I'll take a Dino Crisis reboot.

I do want them to remake the REmake but I think they should wait on that, like until 2025.

Diddy X

Onimusha, there's enough interest on the series I think? I loved the first one, I'm waiting for the other remasters and the probable reboot.

GeorgPrime

Banned

I hope its Breath of Fire

ruvikx

Banned
RE4 Remake seems like something which would be self evident i.e. practically print moneys on a next gen console. Imagine RE2 Remake controls with some extra mobility & takedowns in a beautifully crafted Spanish rural horror setting? They also already have their Leon model so it's something I expected. Maybe they're waiting until after RE8 & perhaps the 20th anniversary year in 2025.

God damnit code veronica deserves at least a remaster of at least some effort. 4 could use at least a remaster well.

There's a good version of Code: Veronica on 360/Xbox One and PS3. Upgraded lighting/shadows make quite a difference to the overall look of the game.

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
2063785-demon_screstboxart.png

It's probably going to be Dino Crisis which i really do not care.

Not as many people care about Dinos as NEOGAF posts make you believe. Dino Crisis won't be a huge success. And then Capcom might stop doing remakes for good thinking people are fed up on them.

Although RE1 reremake and Code Veronica would sell loads.

Last edited:

Doom85

Well, the thread title is slightly misleading since the actual tweet says they're not doing it for a few years. Makes sense to not make it feel over saturated, plus RE always gets tons of love so I don't mind them pushing focus to series that probably haven't seen a new entry in a good while.

But after that, yeah CV would make for a solid remake. 0 too, the buddy system was a neat idea but slowed everything down, remaking it to be more like Revelations 2 would be awesome. Also make the animal enemies actually scary instead of stupid-looking, and rework the story some, like change the main villain so he doesn't feel like he should be in Final Fantasy instead, and don't have Wesker and Birkin just hanging around watching everything on their video feeds, they looked so silly just chilling watching it all, might as well have put them in pajamas and have them eating chips n dip to complete the image!

RE 4-5 don't need a remake, the remakes of 2 and 3 control close enough to them that a remake would be pointless, I know some people would prefer more limited ammo and such but that's a fuck ton of work for not THAT much difference. And for people going, "but the original version of 4 that got scrapped, tho!" Okay, then make a new RE game based on that, but don't call it a remake of 4 because that's not how a remake works. 6 though, yeah that one would benefit MASSIVELY from a remake, but it would require so much work to do. Leon's campaign was fine until the 4th chapter, Sherry's campaign constantly bounced back and forth in quality, and Chris' entire campaign was a complete clusterfuck. Couldn't even bother trying Ada's campaign since Chris' campaign broke me that much.

I'll admit though, I might be a huge hypocrite if 0 or 5 ever get remade. After saying that remake Claire's new look is fine and remake Jill looks great and rolling my eyes at people freaking out about their different appearance, if they alter Rebecca or Sheva's appearance I'll be fucking sad. It's all fun and games until your own RE waifu gets fucked with.

Top Bottom