• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War Trailer #1 Debut

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem with DC, and hence my desire to not watch their shows because there isn't a decent return on investment for universe-building, is that:

A) They won't be tied to the cinematic universe
B) They can't even be all tied to each other
C) There was a rumor that the film side was preventing the TV side from using specific villains (Deathstroke, I think?)

While Marvel can grow their universe across different forms of media, DC seems stunted across TV. This is a shame, because I've heard Arrow and Flash are excellent, but I don't want to invest in those shows when the films I'm more interested in seeing aren't going to acknowledge them in any capacity.

Sorry to join the quote train but posts like this just blow my mind. I'm not seeing ANYWHERE in the MCU where the tv shows are being "acknowledged in any capacity" like at all. Something as simple as Coulson still being alive has yet to be brought up. Flash and Arrow are two of funnest shows on tv all because they dont have to tiptoe around continuity.

Kalentan

Sorry to join the quote train but posts like this just blow my mind. I'm not seeing ANYWHERE in the MCU where the tv shows are being "acknowledged in any capacity" like at all. Something as simple as Coulson still being alive has yet to be brought up. Flash and Arrow are two of funnest shows on tv all because they dont have to tiptoe around continuity.

In Age of Ultron they got the coordinates to the Hydra base at the start from SHIELD and the Helicarrier at the end was also from SHIELD. And no doubt any mention of a rising number of powered people in Civil War will be a reference towards Agents of Shield as well.

In Age of Ultron they got the coordinates to the Hydra base at the start from SHIELD and the Helicarrier at the end was also from SHIELD. And no doubt any mention of a rising number of powered people in Civil War will be a reference towards Agents of Shield as well.
Someone would only know that from watching AoS. Which I don't, so it was news to me. In terms of the movies, it isn't acknowledged at all. The shows might as well not exist if you only watch the movies

Kalentan

I wouldn't hold my breath tbh. Fiege seems dead set on keeping TV elements out of the films.

He said only a month or so ago that the movies are going to need to start referencing the shows sooner or later.

That doesn't seem like someone who wants to keep the TV elements out of the films. (Also let's be real, with the registration being a thing in Civil War do you really think
the rise of inHumans isn't also a factor? What ever the Avengers do at the start of Civil War will break the camels back, but that back has been getting heavier by the day. They won't want just the Avengers on this, they will want EVERYONE.)

Cerium

He said only a month or so ago that the movies are going to need to start referencing the shows sooner or later.
Which is an acknowledgment that he's been blocking it up until now. I'll believe it when I see it.

(Also let's be real, with the registration being a thing in Civil War do you really think
the rise of inHumans isn't also a factor?
Yes, I think they won't be a factor in the film. Bookmark this post.

Kalentan

Which is an acknowledgment that he's been blocking it up until now. I'll believe it when I see it.

What? That only means that the shows are starting to do stuff that is having a larger impact and thus will need to be referenced. Not that he's been blocking it. How did you get that idea..?

Yes, I think they won't be a factor in the film. Bookmark this post.

I don't think
InHumans
will appear. But your deluding yourself if you think they don't factor into the registration happening. More so when the president even comes on and says that it's becoming a big deal that they're appearing all over. But no, the government clearly gives no shits that it's happening. /s

jackdoe

That doesn't seem like someone who wants to keep the TV elements out of the films. (Also let's be real, with the registration being a thing in Civil War do you really think
the rise of inHumans isn't also a factor? What ever the Avengers do at the start of Civil War will break the camels back, but that back has been getting heavier by the day. They won't want just the Avengers on this, they will want EVERYONE.)
There's the whole Feige/Perlmutter feud that puts the Film/TV collaboration at risk. The Marvel film and television studios are essentially separate entities run by people that hate each other.

Cerium

I don't think
InHumans
will appear. But your deluding yourself if you think they don't factor into the registration happening. More so when the president even comes on and says that it's becoming a big that they're appearing all over.
I'm gonna love serving crow to you.

Look at the trailer again and listen carefully to what they say. There's no registration, because no one has secret identities. It's about oversight and control of the Avengers. Inhumans probably won't even be mentioned. They'll have nothing to do with the plot.

Kalentan

I'm gonna love serving crow to you.

Look at the trailer again and listen carefully to what they say. There's no registration, because no one has secret identities. It's about oversight and control of the Avengers. Inhumans probably won't even be mentioned. They'll have nothing to do with the plot.

Um... The Skovia Accords LITERALLY have the words registriation on them.

latest

The Framework and Registration of the Deployment of Enhanced Individuals.

Kalentan

I like how you take that word and ignore everything that comes right after it.

Because Registration doesn't need to be about secret identities? The idea of Registration is that these individuals can no longer act on their own. That the government is basically their employer now. Any people, powered or not, if they act like a vigilante, they will be registered.

I'm not sure why your so adamant on trying to make it seem like SHIELD and the movies don't exist in the same universe.

Hell, I even said myself that odds are no
inHumans
or such will appear. But if you don't think that this group of people would also be a reason for the registration
(More so when it's been confirmed that in a few years, hundreds of thousands if not even a million inHumans will appear.) Then honestly it seems like you got more of a problem about keeping them seperate than the guy your speaking for!

Kalentan

That's what I say about Kevin Feige.

Can you give me an article where he said that he's been trying to keep them seperate? I can give you the article where he says that the movies will need to reference the shows.

Yes there's been some tensions between the TV side and movie side but nothing that says straight out that Kevin Feige is willing to make them seperate or make one insignificant to the other.

Seriously. For some reason, I doubt we'll see Reverse Flash and Gorilla Grodd together on-screen in the Snyderverse Flash movie. Or like an actually giant bipedal King Shark

I mean compare the movie and TV's approach to mutated animal villains

Killer Croc
Well first:
Uh, that's because originally Killer Croc was a big dude with bad skin.

https://comicbookbaddies.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/croc-batman358.jpg
Second: he's also very inconsistently portrayed in general. His design is all over the place. King Shark is much more consistently portrayed as a bipedal shark. What KIND of shark varies, but a bipedal shark none the less. Croc is inconsistently portrayed, sometimes as a massive croc monster, other times as a big dude with bad skin and teeth.

This is going to bother me forever, but it's "Inhumans." Not "inHumans." New Inhumans caused by the Terrigen Bomb (comics) are called "Nuhumans." The more you know (not that you care, but I had to do it)!

Kalentan

This is going to bother me forever, but it's "Inhumans." Not "inHumans." New Inhumans caused by the Terrigen Bomb (comics) are called "Nuhumans." The more you know (not that you care, but I had to do it)!

I really need to stop typing inHumans. I have no idea why I keep doing it. Like I know Inhumans is right, but I keep wanting to capatalize the Human part. Also do we need to spoiler it? Like I've been doing that but they've been a thing since the midseason finalie at the end of last year.

Also yeah the Nuhumans was the aftermath from the Infinity event, right? I read that but nothing much after that. Though I have been keeping up to date with the latest Iron Man and Amazing Spider-Man.

I really need to stop typing inHumans. I have no idea why I keep doing it. Like I know Inhumans is right, but I keep wanting to capatalize the Human part. Also do we need to spoiler it? Like I've been doing that but they've been a thing since the midseason finalie at the end of last year.

Also yeah the Nuhumans was the aftermath from the Infinity event, right? I read that but nothing much after that. Though I have been keeping up to date with the latest Iron Man and Amazing Spider-Man.

I wouldn't spoiler it. It's been known for awhile now that Inhumans have been introduced into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Unless it's a major plot point about the show, but otherwise simply saying Inhumans exist in the MCU shouldn't require spoilering.

And yeah, it was the bomb from Infinity. The Inhuman series following that was really good. One of my favorites.

Seriously. For some reason, I doubt we'll see Reverse Flash and Gorilla Grodd together on-screen in the Snyderverse Flash movie. Or like an actually giant bipedal King Shark

Killer Croc

King Shark

Croc isn't a mutated animal.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
A closer look at the Sokovia Accords:

qFMx5XN.jpg

May explain why Black Panther is Team Iron Man.

Wakanda seems to be out of place there, considering the only nations to have dealt with enhanced individuals are US, UK and Sokovia. Maybe something happened in this movie or between AoU and CW with enhanced individuals in Wakanda for them to suddenly give a damn?

Johndoey

Banned

Killer Croc

King Shark
Killer Croc is not a mutated animal. Historically that's about how he looks.

Layell

Wakanda seems to be out of place there, considering the only nations to have dealt with enhanced individuals are US, UK and Sokovia. Maybe something happened in this movie or between AoU and CW with enhanced individuals in Wakanda for them to suddenly give a damn?

I could have sworn it was in Wakanda that Hulk and Iron Man tore up, but MCU wiki isn't being specific enough for me atm.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

I'm guessing a collateral damage incident that breaks the camel's back will take place in Wakanda (the explosion in the trailer perhaps) and will spur the Sokovia Accords.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I could have sworn it was in Wakanda that Hulk and Iron Man tore up, but MCU wiki isn't being specific enough for me atm.

That was a random African city. Wakanda gets mentioned as the source of Vibranium, later Klaw mentions he got his scars as a result of stealing the Vibranium and being happy to have left the place. The fight between Hulk and Project Veronica takes place just outside that shipyard.

Plus, Wakanda is a technologically advanced civilization located in the middle of the African continent, so their buildings would've looked different and it would have a hard time finding a suitable location for a shipyard.

I'm guessing a collateral damage incident that breaks the camel's back will take place in Wakanda (the explosion in the trailer perhaps) and will spur the Sokovia Accords.

Would explain BP coming after Bucky too

jmood88

Patton Oswalt gets brought to the movies before Clark Gregg is allowed to and all the "why don't the avengers know that Coulson is alive?!" people will cry.

Dabanton

iirc from the Civil War set photos from earlier in the year one of the sets was an 'african city/ Market', I'm going to guess that maybe the start of the film is some sort of attack where it strays into Wakanda would be a good way to introduce Black Panther.

iirc from the Civil War set photos from earlier in the year one of the sets was an 'african city/ Market', I'm going to guess that maybe the start of the film is some sort of attack where it strays into Wakanda would be a good way to introduce Black Panther.
Well, one enhanced individual has a weapon made from Vibranium, another is made out of Vibranium-bound cells, and a massive incident occurred with stolen Vibranium

I think Wakanda is going to have a vested interest

LakeEarth

Getting Black Panther involved in Civil War won't be that hard. We can see from the trailers that Black Panther is running after Bucky, so based on that and the rest of the trailer
there's probably a terrorist attack that Bucky gets blamed for. All they need to do is have this happen in Wakanda, or have it kill someone BP is close to, and he's in.

Well, one enhanced individual has a weapon made from Vibranium, another is made out of Vibranium-bound cells, and a massive incident occurred with stolen Vibranium

I think Wakanda is going to have a vested interest
Yup. When Ultron uses a bunch of vibranium to help levitate a city that could wipe out everyone on the planet, Wakanda would take a vested interest in their stuff being used for a possible extinction level event.

Slayven

If bucky accidentually bumped a Wakandian citzen and they stubbed their toe, that would be enough to get Black Panther's attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom