• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Toad : Treasure Tracker coming out on January 9 in Europe

L~A

Just announced via Twitter.

Europe: January 9.
Spain : January 2.
Australia : January 10.

European trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_HfXOwlldA&feature=youtu.be

About Spain:

Madrid, 10 de octubre de 2014.- ¿Quién está listo para la aventura? Captain Toad desde luego que lo está, pero no es el único. Hoy se ha revelado en un nuevo tráiler de Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, que Toadette, será un segundo personaje jugable en algunas partes del juego exclusivo de Wii U, que saldrá a la venta en España el 2 de enero.

Some screenshots:

itGHqkjaS08sj.png
itGHqkjaS08sj.png
i7Tr4H5OJELWY.png

iVnOeruV4zdWo.png
irnbi6401Ot6O.png
izNnxSA5KKSWJ.png

izNnxSA5KKSWJ.png
iVgJvmxFFsGf2.png
iooXWr6vJwdoH.png

i8hypiT0CPWo8.png
i19wUmZsOpy4V.png
iSfRScf2GeFZp.png

ibkIdMF7rwKvhD.png
ibthl5b2ADGFAV.png
iCSKAqK08cHgB.png

iYfzXpN6lxGCy.png
im6h7yUB4qqYq.png
ibvKqwotlozmJ7.png

iGgFsJgWsI94Y.png
iXKeejpkVcfy.png
ibs9r6DHHrtJTU.png

ibxyagt7AUNbj8.png
iVSXu6vln66LJ.png
iKyrVwjgt8mZ6.png

iXKeejpkVcfy.png
iQGYtmVLOGs3f.png
ipzbcPeNatHvv.png

iYrlwHm1R7gvx.png
ifFb2e1zxhj5N.png
iOtYmmhnlgBwR.png

iHLyEHCCpEboK.png
inabhaEarZbce.png
ihYtk7M8zGlBe.png

i02UhKMftF6EI.png
iDPsucsm4V9uL.png
ilggWgFiluyhV.png

izEFl5DN7K6Tx.png
i5XFFOUAGWTTC.png
iR6Y0scWtjyFq.png

iblyYBqzD1nXNQ.png
iKzxQbBXur3Wn.png

PR:

Who’s ready for adventure? Captain Toad certainly is, but he’s not the only one when Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker releases for Wii U on 9th January, with pink-pigtailed Toadette introduced as a second playable character in portions of the upcoming game.

Unlike traditional video game heroes, Captain Toad and Toadette don’t have any special powers – these tiny heroes can’t even jump! Plus, they’re terrified of just about everything, but face their adventures head on. Armed with headlights and a can-do attitude, they must make their way through enemy-infested locales like Wild West shanties and Goomba waterparks. Each location is bursting with puzzles to solve and secrets to unearth.

These tiny heroes are on the hunt for the ultimate treasure, a coveted Power Star. At the beginning of their adventure, Wingo, a giant, greedy bird who makes life difficult for these timid treasure trackers, makes off with their only Power Star, and even whisks away Toadette! Players must then help Captain Toad retrieve the Power Star and Toadette in order to unlock her as a playable character, and ultimately, defeat Wingo. In the process, they’ll encounter more than 70 fun, puzzling stages while also collecting stars and gems.

Captain Toad and his puzzling levels first appeared in Super Mario 3D World for Wii U. The levels were such a hit with fans that he and Toadette are now getting their own game. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is just another way Nintendo is expanding its universe of games with familiar characters facing fun new challenges.

Let the treasure hunt commence on 9th January when Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker releases for Wii U. In the meantime, take a look at what lies in store with a new trailer for the game.

JoeM86

Wish it was earlier but it gives me a chance to clear my backlog over Christmas. Thanks to ORAS, I'm likely to not have finished at least one of the Bayonetta, Smash U, MK8 DLC stuff and HW DLC stuff.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
With a date like that it really makes you wonder why they couldn't get it out in time for Christmas :/ Logistics? It doesn't really look like a strategic delay to help Spring or anything.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
just when i get back to work

fist_shake.gif

With a date like that it really makes you wonder why they couldn't get it out in time for Christmas :/ Logistics? It doesn't really look like a strategic delay to help Spring or anything.

trying to push Smash for as much as they can prolly

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
That's actually not bad. Just after the new year and before GTA V on PC. I like it and I'm happy with it.

Nintendo has only that much space reserved in the European shops. If they want to advertise this it can't compete with SSB and Pokemon, not to mention the third parties. January should be quite free for that.

Tenki

Nintendo Spain said the game is coming out January the 2nd. I wonder if it's a mistake.

Edit: Probably not a mistake, since Día de Reyes is the 5th.

L~A

Nintendo Spain said the game is coming out January the 2nd. I wonder if it's a mistake.

Edit: Probably not a mistake, since Día de Reyes is the 5th.

It says January 9 for both UK and France. Would be werid for Spain to get the game one week early.

God, Bayonetta 2 this month, Pokemon/Persona Q in November, Smash Wii U december 5th, Captain Toad in January, maybe Monster Hunter 4 in January too.

I'm liking this Nintendo!

Seems so soon after Christmas, why not just release it before Christmas? I would've bought it as a present for my nephew, now he'll just have to wait (or borrow my copy).

Zalman

Seems so soon after Christmas, why not just release it before Christmas? I would've bought it as a present for my nephew, now he'll just have to wait (or borrow my copy).
Probably because Smash is their December game. The question is why they couldn't get Smash out in November.

we get this later, smash later, we are arent getting the wii u nex remix collection and we still havent got the second scribblenauts game, WTF NOE, why are you being so shit lately?

Assuming it has a semi budget price here too that could be quite a clever time to release it, the kiddies could buy it with their Christmas money

Taker666

It'll be interesting to see what the amiibo functionality is in this.

I wish it was coming pre-Christmas as I'm more interested in this than Smash Bros if I'm honest.

Tenki

It says January 9 for both UK and France. Would be werid for Spain to get the game one week early.

In Spain the traditional day of giving presents to the kids is not on Christmas, it's on Día de Reyes (Jan 5th), so maybe they wanted to push the game a week earlier.

Or maybe it's a mistake I dunno, but both the Twitter and the Youtube vid say Jan 2nd.

TheMoon

Yay, I was right again! Told everyone we'd just have to wait a month and to chill the hell out^^

EXCITE!

Probably because Smash is their December game. The question is why they couldn't get Smash out in November.

Because then it would clash with Pokemon :) but then why couldn't they release Pokemon a week earlier, like they do in the U.S. The three games should just have had same worldwide releases.

Anyway, personally, I can't wait for Captain Toad. Looking forward to it more than Smash.

Glass Rebel

Cool. A bit too close to Smash for me since I'll be busy in December but since it's budget priced, I will bite regardless.

In Spain the traditional day of giving presents to the kids is not on Christmas, it's on Día de Reyes (Jan 5th), so maybe they wanted to push the game a week earlier.

Or maybe it's a mistake I dunno, but both the Twitter and the Youtube vid say Jan 2nd.

6th, but it makes a lot of sense. 2nd to 5th of January are probably the biggest shopping days in Spain by far.

yet another must have wiiu exclusive.
I just hope I'm finished with hyrule warriors and the bayonettas til then.

it looks incredible btw
looks like they managed to upgrade the sm3dw engine

we get this later, smash later, we are arent getting the wii u nex remix collection and we still havent got the second scribblenauts game, WTF NOE, why are you being so shit lately?

Nintendo of Europe recently laid off a whole bunch of staff, closed their headquarters, and said they were moving towards outsourcing more of their localisation and QA stuff.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

This is such a bullshit. So you won't gift your nephew a gorgeous looking game that seems well suited for him and he might like it a lot just because it's not Christmas?

TheMoon

*looks at his copy of Fantasy Life that we got a whole month earlier than NA*

Top Bottom