• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CAPTIVATE 09 - Trailers/News/New Games on April 29

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
ZealousD said:
Even if you think EA's output on the Wii is good, you still have to concede it's nothing compared to what they're doing on the HD systems.

Without venturing too far into Wiitard whining territory, if you look at Capcom's HD ouput I don't think their Wii efforts come close either.

Dascu

ZealousD said:
Those games aren't out yet, so who knows how good they actually are.

Even if you think EA's output on the Wii is good, you still have to concede it's nothing compared to what they're doing on the HD systems. They're so much bigger than Capcom that we shouldn't even be discussing whether or not their output is better or not.
Take another look at that list comparing Sega and Capcom you did.

Without venturing too far into Wiitard whining territory, if you look at Capcom's HD ouput I don't think their Wii efforts come close either.
Schuelma, your level of entitlement is really sickening at times. You're one of the most obnoxious ninthings since ksamedi. Just go buy a 360 man.

schuelma

Dascu said:
Schuelma, your level of entitlement is really sickening at times. You're one of the most obnoxious ninthings since ksamedi. Just go buy a 360 man.

What? I'm just stating a fact. For the record, I don't see any reason for Capcom to change, quite honestly. They've figured out the HD market completely. No reason to change strategy.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Nirolak said:
I'd argue they're pretty even so far honestly:

Capcom:
-Monster Hunter 3
-Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
-Zack & Wiki
-Spyborgs
-Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
-Resident Evil: Dark Side Chronicles
-Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
-Mega Man 9
-RE0/RE1 Wii Ports
-Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop
-Neopets Puzzle Adventure

-Okami
-We Love Golf!
-Sengoku Basara 2 (Devil Kings 2)

Sega:
-MadWorld
-The Conduit
-House of the Dead: Overkill
-Sonic and the Secret Rings
-Sonic and the Black Knight
-Mario & Sonic At The Olympics
-Mario & Sonic At The Winter Olympics
-House of the Dead 2/3 Ports
-Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

-Bleach: Shattered Blade
-Virtua Tennis 2009
-Shitty movie games

CapKraig

Cow Mengde said:
Megaton!!!

All over my face!!!

EXXXXXXXIIIICCCCCCTTTTEEEEEEE!!!!

Wait, wrong thread.

You know the fact that Capcom has to rely on a game unveiled a year ago as hype for the Wii; while the other consoles are getting brand new games should tell you a lot.

Oh, and ignore is too kind of a description if you ask me. Let's not forget that Capcom is giving us ports of Gamecube games that can already be played on the Wii as support.

I seriously laughed for like 3 minutes when I realize CapKraig was actually someone from Capcom. I mean, really, he's either that unaware, or seriously expects Wii owners to be excited over an OLD game while new games for other consoles everywhere.

As a Wii fan, I actually look forward to the outcry and hatred that'll eventually spawn from this. I don't know why. Probably because this will be more fun than any Capcom game that'll ever be made for the Wii.

I'm the Director of Design at Capcom US, not PR. (They're much more articulate than me.) Watch for the new Spyborgs assets to hit post-embargo.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
schuelma said:

I think they're doing better than EA is, yet nobody seems to be bitching at them.

Dascu

schuelma said:
What? I'm just stating a fact. For the record, I don't see any reason for Capcom to change, quite honestly. They've figured out the HD market completely. No reason to change strategy.
Yeah, go hide your nintendo bias. I'm on to you.
24vtsgw.jpg

I was joking man.

schuelma

Dascu said:
Yeah, go hide your nintendo bias. I'm on to you.
24vtsgw.jpg

I was joking man.

Goddamnit. I'm far too gullible these days.

The sun at Rutgers Day must have fried my brain.

I know Kev knows what I'm talkin bout!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
ITS LIKE A BILLION DEGREES OUT

this is why I don't go outside. you don't want to get all shat up and infected with swine flu

Sadist

Capcom's output on Wii is far from bad, but the last three games they published just plain sucked. Well, Dead Rising Wii isn't that bad, but its nowhere near the 360 version. Not even by a bit. And of course... the only two games confirmed for the future are Spyborgs (which should be good) and Resident Evil the Darkside Chronicles.

Y2Kev said:

this is why I don't go outside. you don't want to get all shat up and infected with swine flu
Dude :lol

schuelma

Y2Kev said:

damn we were close to the pigs at Douglass today.

Eteric Rice

Wait, are people actually arguing that the Wii's Capcom support is good?

I mean, just because it's good in comparison to other devs doesn't mean it's good, really. :lol

It's like saying, "Thanks for being shitty, but not quite as shitty as everyone else."

CapKraig

Sadist said:
Capcom's output on Wii is far from bad, but the last three games they published just plain sucked. Well, Dead Rising Wii isn't that bad, but its nowhere near the 360 version. Not even by a bit. And of course... the only two games confirmed for the future are Spyborgs (which should be good) and Resident Evil the Darkside Chronicles.

Dude :lol

We're putting a ton of time, money, and love into Spyborgs. We're taking this thing super-seriously.

wsippel

Banned
CapKraig said:
Wait for the videos / assets. Plenty has changed. Not just art-style. I loveplaying this game.
I hope it's still funny? It looks and sounds somewhat darker, judging by the poster and the fact sheet posted on IGN, but I hope there'll still be pirates vs. ninjas discussions between Stinger and Clandestine and stuff like that?

And it seems the two boys were cut? Only three characters now? I guess I can live with that...

Sadist

CapKraig said:
We're putting a ton of time, money, and love into Spyborgs. We're taking this thing super-seriously.
Oh, but I'm willing to believe that. It was just very unfortunate (or was it a good call?) for you to show the early footage of the game. The trailer was actually nice, but the screens put out were just plain horrible. And that's what caused the hate. I still think Spyborgs will be good, because of the team behind it.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Capcom, give us moar Soma Cruz plzkthxbye.

Sadist said:
Capcom's only internally developed original Wii game is Zack & Wiki. They made this and the RE ports, everything else is outsourced.
Oh, and Castlevania Judgement, but the Death Note character designs were completely off so it doesn't count.
:p

ZealousD said:
Name one third-party that has better Wii output than Capcom.

Just one.

A single, solitary company.

Marvelous Entertainment - I don't think I need to list their games, do I?

Ubi Soft - Yeah, you heard right, Ubi Soft. There's Broken Sword, Rabbids Go Home, Anno, and Red Steel 2. That's 3 more games than Capcom. The fact that I'm even listing Ubi Soft over Capcom should tell you something.

I sure hope so, Capkraig.

Oh yeah, how about some games for the DS. Outside of the GBA ports of Phoenix Wright, I can't remember the last Capcom game I can honestly care about on the DS.

Firestorm

Cow Mengle said:
As a Wii fan, I actually look forward to the outcry and hatred that'll eventually spawn from this. I don't know why. Probably because this will be more fun than any Capcom game that'll ever be made for the Wii.
As a Wii, 360, and PS3 owner I think I'll play some games instead of waiting for message board backlash to entertain me.
Grow up.

CapKraig

wsippel said:
I hope it's still funny? It looks and sounds somewhat darker, judging by the poster and the fact sheet posted on IGN, but I hope there'll still be pirates vs. ninjas discussions between Stinger and Clandestine and stuff like that?

And it seems the two boys were cut? Only three characters now? I guess I can live with that...

I'm probably supposed to keep my mouth shut until the embargo, but I may have twittered a thing or two while drunk. :)

Sadist

Jocchan said:
Capcom's only internally developed original Wii game is Zack & Wiki. They made this and the RE ports, everything else is outsourced.
Oh, and Castlevania Judgement, but the Death Note character designs were completely off so it doesn't count.
:p
And there is that of course. Still... even the outsourced games are better then a lot of other Wii software. Should I laugh or cry? And Castlevania Judgement... such a shame.
This joke really gets old though

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
CapKraig said:
I've played Capcom games on every platform this generation (well, except PC) and loved them all so keep up the great work. Definitely interested to see how Spyborgs turns out.

CapKraig

Sadist said:
Oh, but I'm willing to believe that. It was just very unfortunate (or was it a good call?) for you to show the early footage of the game. The trailer was actually nice, but the screens put out were just plain horrible. And that's what caused the hate. I still think Spyborgs will be good, because of the team behind it.

I hope you guys can Spyborgs thread with impressions, thoughts once stuff comes out. Not sure of all the assets going out, though I saw some nice ones.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
The only two things I want out of this are Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, which is basically an inevitability by now, and a new Mega Man game. Either Mega Man 10 or Mega Man X9, I'm not picky, Capcom. :D

CapKraig said:
Damn, ever time I hear something from a Capcom person about the game its along these lines . . . (Im refering to the Mods on the Capcom forums)

Wish the game had On-Line co-op . . . the press release didn't talk about so I guess it's only local co-op.
Anyway, I look forward to seeing what has fully become of the game now that they revamped the art style (I hated the early stuff, the new stuff looks good from what I can tell). I wonder if they still have the whole "this is a week end cartoon" game play think going on . . . the press release just talked about co-op.

Sadist

Oh, if Capcom's watching GAF, you bett there will be a Spyborgs thread.

Allthough... I know in which direction the thread will go :lol

CapKraig said:

You're better off saying this after it delivers. People will trash it if they have made up their mind on forums anyway.

Wii fans seem really sour about Capcom.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Sadist said:
And there is that of course. Still... even the outsourced games are better then a lot of other Wii software. Should I laugh or cry? And Castlevania Judgement... such a shame.
This joke really gets old though
The issue is they haven't made a scaled-down version of their MT Framework for the Wii, and they seem uninterested in making it. So, the bulk of Capcom games is going to stay PC-PS3-360 with no Wii version, and this won't be changing anytime soon.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wii owners should stop crying and go out buy/import little kings story ^^

CapKraig

Black-Wind said:
Damn, ever time I hear something from a Capcom person about the game its along these lines . . . (Im refering to the Mods on the Capcom forums)

Wish the game had On-Line co-op . . . the press release didn't talk about so I guess it's only local co-op.
Anyway, I look forward to seeing what has fully become of the game now that they revamped the art style (I hated the early stuff, the new stuff looks good from what I can tell). I wonder if they still have the whole "this is a week end cartoon" game play think going on . . . the press release just talked about co-op.

Heh, yeah, I think we've been biting at the bit to show what we have, since the old direction is the only stuff out there and that just isn't representative anymore.

About your question: Local coop is what's planned right now. They're doing some unique stuff with it, too.

MirageDwarf said:
Wii fans seem really sour about Capcom.

I think it's because they saw some great initial support - RE4: Wii Edition, RE: UC, Zack & Wiki, then Okami and We Love Golf - that seemed to fizzle out into basic ports - REMake and RE Zero - poor multiplat titles - MotoGP - and the dreadful Dead Rising: CTYD.

I think that that coinciding with the release of RE5 and the announcement of Lost Planet 2 and Dead Rising 2 made some fans a bit bitter as the HD consoles seemed to be getting all the attention and effort, while the Wii was receiving... well, not much.

I don't necessarily agree - I think MH3 and RE: DSC are both great-looking titles, and Spyborgs seemed to have really shaped up - but I can certainly understand the point of view and I think it's probably fair to say that - so far - the 360 and PS3 have received a lot more attention and investment from Capcom.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Eteric Rice said:
Or we could just wait for it to come out here?...

Waiting 2 months when you could just import the uk version ? but yeah i guess you`ll have to wait for it....there is still excitebots xD

@Spyborgs

Will there be online coop ? online Coop with WiiSpeak Support would be awesome, come on u can do it :)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
cw_sasuke said:
@Spyborgs

Will there be online coop ? online Coop with WiiSpeak Support would be awesome, come on u can do it :)
From the Director of Design at Capcom U.S. a few posts above you:

CapKraig said:
About your question: Local coop is what's planned right now. They're doing some unique stuff with it, too.
But yeah, I hope they put it in too.

Sadist

Jocchan said:
The issue is they haven't made a scaled-down version of their MT Framework for the Wii, and they seem uninterested in making it. So, the bulk of Capcom games is going to stay PC-PS3-360 with no Wii version, and this won't be changing anytime soon.
True true. In the end why should they? The HD platforms treat them well. Even if there is interest of Wii owners for certain games.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Sadist said:
True true. In the end why should they? The HD platforms treat them well. Even if there is interest of Wii owners for certain games.
Exactly. One could say the costs of making the MT Framework Wii-compatible would be easily covered by the added sales of one additional SKU for their titles, but in the end bothering or not is their choice.

Scrubking

Eteric Rice said:
Wait, are people actually arguing that the Wii's Capcom support is good?

I mean, just because it's good in comparison to other devs doesn't mean it's good, really. :lol

It's like saying, "Thanks for being shitty, but not quite as shitty as everyone else."

This.

It's like after all of the D grade efforts people are swooning over C grade crap as if they were the greatest thing ever. Then they have the nerve to bash you for actually seeing what's going on and demanding more. "You're a whiner, you're a Wiitard. lololololol. Why can't you be happy? Spyborgs got a shinier coat of paint! What more do you want! Capcom cares!"

It's even worse when it comes to EA and all of the dumbed down cartoon crap they are shoveling. Thanks to EA I've learned that not only can you exaggerate people, but you can also exaggerate cars because normal looking cars are apparently too hardcore for the Wii audience.

Cosmonaut X said:
I think it's because they saw some great initial support - RE4: Wii Edition, RE: UC, Zack & Wiki, then Okami and We Love Golf - that seemed to fizzle out into basic ports - REMake and RE Zero - poor multiplat titles - MotoGP - and the dreadful Dead Rising: CTYD.

I very much disagree with the comment "great initial support." You have 2 ports (one good and one crap), one good niche game, one PSO spin-off, and a game from a company that should be making Golden Sun 3 and Mario Golf for Wii/DS.

Capcom said from the very beginning Wii owners need to be tested. People even predicted that is Umbrella Chronicles sold, Capcom would give more rail shooter spin-offs, and if the game didn't sell, they would just cut support and say Wii owners don't buy games. It was a lose-lose situation. We pass the test and got more rail shooters.

I don't necessarily agree - I think MH3 and RE: DSC are both great-looking titles, and Spyborgs seemed to have really shaped up - but I can certainly understand the point of view and I think it's probably fair to say that - so far - the 360 and PS3 have received a lot more attention and investment from Capcom.

Great looking title =/= great playing titles. I don't deny MH3 and DSC looking great, but it's the gameplay that I don't care for. It's the gameplay of DSC that's turning me off. MH3 also looks very boring, and according to others, is nothing but a mediocre franchise that only Japan likes. I was actually interested in MH3 until I saw the demo gameplay videos from a few days ago.

It's not even the fact that 360/PS3 are getting the focus, but Capcom treating Wii owners as idiots. They deliver hand-me-down ports and awful cash-ins as a way to fund 360/PS3 games.

Truth be told, I have nothing against Spyborgs either. It's probably because they attached themselves to the name Capcom that's generating some of the hate. Well, that and it looks like a horrible Saturday morning cartoon. If Spyborgs debuted under a different publisher, it might not generate the kind of anger we saw.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Scrubking said:
It's even worse when it comes to EA and all of the dumbed down cartoon crap they are shoveling. Thanks to EA I've learned that not only can you exaggerate people, but you can also exaggerate cars because normal looking cars are apparently too hardcore for the Wii audience.
Actually some scans for Need For Speed: Nitro went out and the cars look perfectly normal. They actually seem to be based off of real cars as well since I see stuff like Audi logos.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
CapKraig said:

I'm willing to wait for a Captivate 09 trailer before passing judgment, but even with a new style I doubt it'll appeal to me at all.

If Capcom had more Wii games, they could diversify instead of only hitting two completely different markets. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

Eteric Rice

Actually, a Wii Bionic Commando with Spyborgsish graphics would have been neat. I think I would have liked that better than the extreme realistic version of the new one.

Hell, I even would have prefered that the HD version used that kind of style. I mean, this franchise is from around the 80s. You can't even use the word "commando" these days without being looked at funny.

Unless you're in the army of course.

Sadist

Jocchan said:
Exactly. One could say the costs of making the MT Framework Wii-compatible would be easily covered by the added sales of one additional SKU for their titles, but in the end bothering or not is their choice.
With- or without a sort of MT Framework on Wii, I'm still foolishly hoping for a real Resident Evil that is not a port/on-rail shooter.

I feel stupid :(

Scrubking said:
bla bla bla yackity smackity
You're a very depressing person, you know that?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Jocchan said:
It would make more sense to make a whole new engine. The lack of shader support on the Wii would be a pretty big obstacle for porting their MT Framework. It would also make more sense to design games for the Wii from the ground up, rather than just making watered down ports.

Top Bottom