• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

MIght not be able to be as active over the next two weeks. Selling my iPad tomorrow and jumping back in with iPad 3. Just wanted to let those know who I'm currently in games with.

Grifter

made a game with my wife and 2 friends; all are veterans but relative to gaf, it was like playing poker with 3 donkeys. they just kept paying off each others dumb moves over and over. i'm on tilt right now.

made a game with my wife and 2 friends; all are veterans but relative to gaf, it was like playing poker with 3 donkeys. they just kept paying off each others dumb moves over and over. i'm on tilt right now.

You've used "donkey" and "tilt". You must live around DC or know of the Junkies?

I'm down to about 6 active games, so, I'll probably start spamming out some invites again.

what are those terms in DC junkie context? hahah

It's just a radio show down here and they're constant calling each other donkeys and talking about going on tilt about things. Makes sense, I think they're poker players, I just had no idea of the origin.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Sorry for anybody in a game with me, I am transitioning to a new iPad so I will not be making moves until next week. Apologies for that.

This might be more of an iOS/GameCenter question, but is there any way to find the (Carcasonne) profile of someone you've recently played online? On the Internet list in-game, it no longer seems to update my Most Recently Played list (or at least doesn't list random opponents in Quick Play).

I ask because I recently played a very close game with a guy and basically won on the third-to-last move. He quit the game instead of finishing it, and I wanted to know what his EOL score was. Possible?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
FUCK IT I SPLASHED AND BOUGHT IT.

Okay, lover of european boardgames who was too greedy to pay 10 bucks for an iOS game reporting in, finally. I'm adding all of you guys to my list now.

EDIT: Smiley1790 on Gamecenter if anyone wants to add me. let the games begin!

Heel

New guy here! I've played a little Carcassonne on Xbox Live but I'm basically a beginner to this game and board gaming in general. Also have Ticket to Ride.

GameCenter nickname is [Slade].

Jonnyram

Sorry I've not been super active recently.
I blame it on the Vita, but I have generally been taking my turns within 48 hours, or when work has been quiet.

Annnnyway, I don't have many games left on the go right now. If anyone makes any soon, please invite me <3

Also, I got TTR, but it seems like it's notifications are unreliable and it's interface is absolutely terrible. Until they fix that, I don't think I'm gonna play it again. Had a decent game against pilonv1 though :)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Heel I added you but for some reason don't see you in my list of Carc GC friends. Hmm. Feel free to inv me if you see me on your list.

Heel

Heel I added you but for some reason don't see you in my list of Carc GC friends. Hmm. Feel free to inv me if you see me on your list.

Probably because I haven't played it online yet. Ran through the tutorial last night. We'll have to get a game going with that other new guy in the iPad thread, haha.

(click for bigger)

1178528385900yg3.gif

Heel

To the people I have a game with, I will be on tonight to update my turns. Sorry I'm so insanely busy.

No hurry, just wanted to make some games with different combinations of players. Sent you an invite not too long ago.

Anyone reading who's new to Ticket to Ride or Carcassonne on iPad (or at least not a complete whiz yet) and wants to get some games going, add me on GameCenter and I'll set some up. Nickname is [Slade], brackets included.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
To the people I have a game with, I will be on tonight to update my turns. Sorry I'm so insanely busy.

Don't even sweat it my man (same to you BB and Heel). The whole point of async is you take turns whenever. I have so many games going I don't even notice when a game hasn't progressed in a couple days, just blow through all my turns a couple times a day. On very rare occasion you'll have someone ditch a game for a week or more and that can be a mild bummer but even they usually come back eventually. :D

Heel

Hahahahahaha I needed a meeple in Carcassone badly, so I connected a huge city every player had a meeple in and closed it. Little did I know if someone has more meeples than you in a city, you don't get half points, you get NO points.

oJZtQ.gif

I've been AstroLadded. NEVER AGAIN!

Smiley90

hahah perfect gif for that moment

I might've won if I put the tileto connect my field-meeble instead of extending the road, totally forgot about that. Would've gotten like 14 more points FUUUUDGE. (also, Slade wouldn't have gotten any from the big field, since instead of 2-2 it would've been 3-2 in terms of meebles) fuck me.

Heel

How many points was that city worth? I would've been at least a close last place, right? LOL

AstroLad's early "if you want to keep this road going, you're going to have to complete my city" technique was deadly.

Hahahahahaha I needed a meeple in Carcassone badly, so I connected a huge city every player had a meeple in and closed it. Little did I know if someone has more meeples than you in a city, you don't get half points, you get NO points.

oJZtQ.gif

I've been AstroLadded. NEVER AGAIN!

Lol

I remember my first game with some friends, I completed a huge city that I had no meeple in because I thought that I would get more fields points the larger the city.

Never again. Haha

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
How many points was that city worth? I would've been at least a close last place, right? LOL

Cities are worth one point per regular tile and two points per tile w/ a shield when unfinished. Score's doubled if/when the city is completed. Roads are always just one point per tile regardless.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Inns & Cathedrals is badass once you have some plays under your belt. It makes roads really interesting and just generally puts a big premium on finishing things. Also the big meeple (worth two meeples for tiebreaker purposes in shared structures) can be downright evil.

River, I know a lot of IRL Carc players swear by it but I still haven't really gotten the big benefit in about 15 plays with it.

Then again they're both super cheap so you might as well pick 'em up if you like the game so you can be invited to anything. :D

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
In terms of meat & potatoes expansions, Traders & Builders is great. Actually gives you a bonus for completing others' cities sometimes, so perfect for Heel!

Carcassonne veteran in board form, new on ipad. The game is actually better in digital form, unlike Tigris, Puerto Rico, Catan or Ticket To Ride (which are all awesome, but feel better on a real board).

Though the game's main problem remains... I dislike advanced Carcassonne games because it eventually turns into a giant sabotage fest. All focus goes towards undermining enemy actions. And that seems to also be true online.

DukeSucks

Finally got ascension, anybody want to play a game with me while I learn it? Never played a deck building game before.

_LOLduke_

Smiley90

Finally got ascension, anybody want to play a game with me while I learn it? Never played a deck building game before.

_LOLduke_

Sent you an invite, let me know if you have any questions, Ascencion doesn't have ingame-chat :p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hey all, it's been a wild couple years. In the light of all the boardgaming action going on on iOS, I made a iOS online boardgaming megathread, so let's continue the discussion there. Also please be sure to add your name to Heel's spreadsheet -- should be sooooo much better both in terms of being always updated and also just to actually get things other than just Carc games going. (Though I love Carc games more than any others :D).

AirBrian

Sorry if I help up any games over the last 3 weeks -- I've been in Asia with no data roaming. I'll update the user list over the next day or so too.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Sorry if I help up any games over the last 3 weeks -- I've been in Asia with no data roaming. I'll update the user list over the next day or so too.

Pfft, likely excuse. You probably just didn't want to play and flew off to Asia to get out of it. I see it all the time.

AirBrian

Pfft, likely excuse. You probably just didn't want to play and flew off to Asia to get out of it. I see it all the time.

Damn, straight! I was tired of my ELO dropping! So off to Jonnyram's side of the world where apparently everyone has high ELOs! :p

P.S. It didn't work.

Top Bottom