• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carl's Jr. will become the first major fast-food chain to debut a cannabis-infused burger

CyberPanda

Banned
Carl's Jr. is making history this 4/20.

On Saturday, Carl's Jr. will debut the CBD-infused Rocky Mountain High: CheeseBurger Delight at a single location in Denver, Colorado. The CBD Burger will be available for $4.20 during the one-day test, fittingly held on April 20, a weed-filled celebration for many Americans.

With the test, Carl's Jr. will become the first major fast-food chain to roll out a cannabis-infused menu item - even if just for location, one-day event.

The CheeseBurger Delight consists of two beef patties, topped with pickled jalapenos, pepper jack cheese, fries, and CBD-infused Santa Fe Sauce.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddr...bis-infused-burger/ar-BBW1Q7H?ocid=spartandhp

Grinchy

Banned
That's pretty hilarious. And I assume they will sell out of the limited item very quickly on that day. I assume it's only CBD for liability reasons. You don't want to accidentally get someone so stoned that they're calling 911 complaining that time is moving too slow so they think they're dead.

Dark Star

This is awesome

McDonalds will probably copy this idea in 2020+ (as well as Canna-Coca-Cola)

Last edited:

brap

Banned
What’s wrong with you America? This is absurd
e1f.png

Ah. So what's that do anyway? I'm not up to speed on the whole CBD scene. Like what's the them doing these burgers, just for fun?

CBD has shown to reduce anxiety, inflammation, chronic pain and some studies have shown it even helps with depression among other things. It doesn't have the psychoactive stuff that makes thc so great though. Which makes sense, I can't imagine the liability of eating one of their dumpy burgers and getting wrecked.

JimiNutz

Banned
Carl you fucking genius.

Get high, buy more fast food due to munchies, food makes you even higher, buy even more food due to munchies.

I'd just be stuck there all day in a never-ending cycle of munching burgers and betting high.

Weilthain

Banned
I'm not 100% convinced CBD does anything. I vaped it for a while and I felt a little calmer afterwards but I get throat infections easily for some reason so I stopped. Super expensive so until it goes down in price I wont start again

TrainedRage

Banned
Until they make a burger that will actually get me high I'm not gonna freak out.

Call it a hemp burger or CBD burger I think saying it's infused with marijuana is actually false.

Good marijuana tastes good, Good CBD oils taste like ass.

Top Bottom