• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carrion: A indie reversed-horror game where you are "the thing" coming to PC and Xbox in 2020

Jezan

I normally don't like that art style, but it looks pretty cool this time. And also the way the creature jumps and is thrown around looks pretty fun. I will certainly keep this in my watchlist.

Khalosh

Neo Member
I don't know why but somehow the style creeps me out. I love it and will keep an eye on it. Plz keep us updated. Is there a release date yet?

No release date yet, as it's too early in development (pre-alpha) for us to be able to specify any date. What's pretty much certain though is that it won't be this year.

Domisto

creating chaos, absorbing humans, and interupting toilet breaks. all past times I can get behind.

And that multiple grappling hook movement looks like it could be fun to master.

Thurible

Very cool idea! I hope it will work out well. It kind of reminds me of a game called Paradise Lost: First Contact where you are a alien plant monster that is going through a facility trying to escape and kill people. I don't think they have released that game yet though. They anounced it about 4-5 years ago. :(

xrnzaaas

This looks really interesting. I just hope you won't run out of cool ways of killing people after completing the first few levels.

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
I can definitely get behind the idea.
Other games with somewhat similar gameplay and controls (at least recently) all went for the super-cutesy look, which does get a bit boring if it isn't done in some ironic manner.

TeamGhobad

Banned
uu9pmDP.gif

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Carrion is a reverse horror game in which you assume the role of an amorphous creature of unknown origin. Stalk and consume those that imprisoned you to spread fear and panic throughout the facility. Grow and evolve as you tear down this prison and acquire more and more devastating abilities on the path to retribution.

Portman

Glad to see this one is dropping soon for something to spice up the year gameplay wise for me since I haven't been playing much. Thinking it had shown up with the option to pre-order a month or so ago and I was hoping that meant it was going to be seen and when they dated it at the Devolver event today I was hyped and went ahead and pre-ordered it on GoG.

Looks like it is has the potential to get a good bit of exposure with the platforms it is releasing on and stuff like Xbox Game Pass as an option for folks to try it out.

Top Bottom