• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cart Life |OT| retail life sucks

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Is Vinny not a good character to start?

I wasted my entire first day getting my cart back and eating, and by the time I got to the grocery store it was closed. So my second day I shopped and baked, and by the third day I was selling bagels for $0.15 (couldn't figure out how to raise this). But half the time when it wanted me to make change I wouldn't have anything in the drawer, so what was I supposed to do?

Salsa

i herd there are naked pixel ladies in this game

pixel bush

That's a good question. I think Melanie is the "easiest" in the sense that she has the least worries, and Andrus' is the hardest.

In vinny's case I think that if you didnt have money in the drawer is because you didnt have money yourself? he has to get it from somewhere. There's also a similar glitch going around that could still be related to what's happening to you here.

I wasted my entire first day getting my cart back and eating, and by the time I got to the grocery store it was closed. So my second day I shopped and baked, and by the third day I was selling bagels for $0.15 (couldn't figure out how to raise this). But half the time when it wanted me to make change I wouldn't have anything in the drawer, so what was I supposed to do?

There's a option in the menu to set prices. Can't remember exactly what the thing is to click. The lack of money in the drawer is unfortunately a glitch :/ annoying isn't it. (The dev said so on his site)

Flunkie

Banned
Been hoping this would get Greenlight'd ever since I heard about it on Idle Thumbs. The freeware version was pretty nifty, and I might pick this up to play the new character.

Here's to Real Lives 2013 now..?

Kyari

the most common problem I've had is that selling coffee with Andrus quite often results in the cash register glitching as if you are giving the incorrect change before it has actually allowed you to open it. Hope this gets a patch but as its build in Adventure Game Studio any patches will delete all previous versions' saves.

Salsa

the most common problem I've had is that selling coffee with Andrus quite often results in the cash register glitching as if you are giving the incorrect change before it has actually allowed you to open it. Hope this gets a patch but as its build in Adventure Game Studio any patches will delete all previous versions' saves.

yup this has happened to me as well occasionally

dLMN8R

I'm just having trouble figuring out how to eat stuff. I see the energy bars, and cigs give me some energy, but other than that what can I eat? I can't make myself a sandwich like I can potentially for customers, and energy bars are super expensive and not really that effective.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Okay, I couldn't ignore this. Who the hell cares if it's an art game or not? Fuck this lame, cynical attitude towards any game that dares to exist outside the boundaries of what a videogame is "supposed" to be. I get that this kind of game might not be for everybody, and that's fine, but one of the greatest things about this medium is how amazingly flexible it is. A videogame can be so many things. I would never give up traditional gaming, but I'm glad that stuff like this exists and I'm even more glad that I'm open-minded enough to experience it for myself instead of rejecting it because it's different.

I wish you would post this in the OTs and announcements that are met with 'Oh boy, another fucking FPS!'

Kyari

I'm just having trouble figuring out how to eat stuff. I see the energy bars, and cigs give me some energy, but other than that what can I eat? I can't make myself a sandwich like I can potentially for customers, and energy bars are super expensive and not really that effective.

There are a bunch of places that will sell you food over the counter but its pretty expensive and you will eat it there and then. The energy bars aren't that expensive since you get (I think) 4 per box and you can carry them around and eat them on the go. They also don't spoil. Ultimately I'm finding the best way to feed Andrus at least is to swing by Tim Bigby's store and buy a sandwich for $5 that will max out his hunger guage and can be carried around. Saving it and eating it the day after is also viable but gives you only half as much.

ViviOggi

Played it for about an hour and I'm finding it to be quite intriguing. The art is way more detailed and organic than one might assume from looking at screenshots.

Anyway, I started as Andrus, wasted apparently a whole day traveling by foot a few times because the bus wasn't scheduled (I didn't have the watch yet), somehow didn't find any water at the grocery store so I bought a carton of milk and some other other junk, then on the next day 90% of the people wanted to buy either coffee or milk (for which I had no cups) and with the three people who actually asked for a newspaper I fucked up the change minigame. I might have to start over. Life is tough in Cart Life.

I started playing with Andrus today, and well....it's started badly haha, tough game.

One question....is there any solution to this 'no change' glitch? I have customers but no money is in my till anymore so no change is possible. Annoying if not because I was really getting into the game.

sohois

my GOTY for last year; I didn't have too much trouble with it the first time, managed to 'beat' the game with Andrus. I kept it simple on my cart, just papers and soft drinks, rather than buying all the crap needed for coffee. Nat that that stopped the customers asking for coffee like 5 times a day, fucking Dick always asking. Also the policeman would always pick up like 3 papers a day. Is there really so little crime that he needs to read 3 papers a day? Great game

Sorry to bump this again, but really looking for guidance on this 'no change' glitch, because I spent a fair bit of time on the game and began to really enjoy every aspect of it, but if this is a real game breaking bug then perhaps I'll leave it for a while.

I'd restart the game (doing Andrus' story) but don't want to spend another hour or so leading up to no change appearing in my till again.

Edit: Just saw on the forums that the developer is aware of it thankfully. http://richardhofmeier.com/cartlife/basilica/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=919

Salsa

Sorry to bump this again, but really looking for guidance on this 'no change' glitch, because I spent a fair bit of time on the game and began to really enjoy every aspect of it, but if this is a real game breaking bug then perhaps I'll leave it for a while.

I'd restart the game (doing Andrus' story) but don't want to spend another hour or so leading up to no change appearing in my till again.

Edit: Just saw on the forums that the developer is aware of it thankfully. http://richardhofmeier.com/cartlife/basilica/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=919

patch should be coming soon

kenta

Has no PEINS
Playing as Melanie and I can't figure out how to take my daughter to school. I wake up at like 5:00am and just stand there until she magically appears by the door, but I can't interact with her at all. Eventually she just yells that she's leaving since nobody will take her. If I try to leave for the school, I just end up going alone. There was just this one time when I was upstairs wasting time when suddenly she asked if I was ready to go and I was able to say yes. Every other time I haven't been able to figure it out. Help?

Top Bottom