• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles

.....sorry for the bump....

but for anyone who has played this yet (like at an event or something), know if the 3d incarnation will be indeed 60fps ala Maverick Hunter X?

Anyone see the ad for this in the latest EGM/Game Informer? They refer to the vampire hunter family as the Beaumonts. Sounds like someone in Konami's ad group wasn't taking good notes...

kuYuri

No one has made an official topic for it yet. The last person to do it before it was locked was MarkMan.

Only one week!

vilmer_

GhostSeed said:
Play Asia has the Japanese Konami Style Dracula X bundle up for pre-orders FYI.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9f-49-en-15-dracula%2Bx-70-299w-43-7o.html

It includes,
Akumajou Dracula X Chronicle (PSP)
Akumajou Dracula X Chronicle Artbook
Akumajou Dracula X Chronicle Pouch
Akumajou Dracula X Chronicle Screen Protector
Akumajou Dracula X Chronicle Strap
Akumajou Dracula X Chronicle Poster

And here's the Konami site but only pictures of the art book up right now.
http://www.konamistyle.jp/sp/draculax_st/index.html

Oh.... MAN!

RavenFox

Banned
GhostSeed said:
Play Asia has the Japanese Konami Style Dracula X bundle up for pre-orders FYI.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9f-49-en-15-dracula%2Bx-70-299w-43-7o.html

It includes,
Akumajou Dracula X Chronicle (PSP)
Akumajou Dracula X Chronicle Artbook
Akumajou Dracula X Chronicle Pouch
Akumajou Dracula X Chronicle Screen Protector
Akumajou Dracula X Chronicle Strap
Akumajou Dracula X Chronicle Poster

And here's the Konami site but only pictures of the art book up right now.
http://www.konamistyle.jp/sp/draculax_st/index.html

Holy Wowzers!

Christopher

brandonh83 said:
Just a week away? Really? Damn I need a PSP.

Dude I just got a Slim you really do need to get one - I really don't regret it, with Castlevania coming out next week and with back up games like Rachet and Clank, Megaman X Hunter, Megaman Powered Up, and Ultimate Ghouls and Ghosts.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I gave up !

Locked to shreds... :(

Someone finish the fight...

I'm going to be busy next week with other games :(

I'm glad I got to play through this one though... <3

May you all have a wonderful experience that I know this game can deliver...

BELIEVE

Lee N

Membre
MarkMan said:
I gave up !

Locked to shreds... :(

Someone finish the fight...

I'm going to be busy next week with other games :(

I'm glad I got to play through this one though... <3

May you all have a wonderful experience that I know this game can deliver...

BELIEVE
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here..

Did you finish it or not?

Christopher said:
Dude I just got a Slim you really do need to get one - I really don't regret it, with Castlevania coming out next week and with back up games like Rachet and Clank, Megaman X Hunter, Megaman Powered Up, and Ultimate Ghouls and Ghosts.

Yeah I've been wanting a PSP for a while, but after spending money on the videogame assault as of late (Metroid, Zelda, Orange Box, etc.) and being a poor college student, it's been rather difficult to keep up. I'm taking out a student loan though probably this week and I'll get one with that.

kammy

Banned
I would have prefered a remake of SCV4.

Is this on the cards? At least this looks kinda like CV4, but IMO 4 was always the best, the rest of the games seem too dated in hindsight. Plus CV4 had the best music, atmosphere and graphics/art design (non of the ghay shit)

Garcian

It's quiet in here.

Any online reviews of this floating about yet? Is the original Rondo definitely an unlockable & not just selectable from the start?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
4:3...

Also.. Saw this random guy at E 4 all walking around with a whip... I asked to take a pic with him and he let me hold his whip... Cool dude...

1655830541_5687429f2c.jpg

Game is almost here guys! Hope everyone enjoys it!

And if anyone is interested, or hasn't seen it yet... I still have old coverage up of DXC and Castlevania week, which can be seen here. (just scroll down a bit)

so is Yamane doing the music? I hope so coz she is one of the best composers of all time and should get a OBE or something. Her Curse of Darkness soundtrack was just out of this world, woulda been even better if it was tacked onto a better game too. But she is like a A+++++ extremely talented female.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Gizmo_Monkey said:
so is Yamane doing the music? I hope so coz she is one of the best composers of all time and should get a OBE or something. Her Curse of Darkness soundtrack was just out of this world, woulda been even better if it was tacked onto a better game too. But she is like a A+++++ extremely talented female.
Totally agree. I assume you've also heard her fantastic OZ soundtrack (which a lot of fans missed out on)?

Yeah her OZ ost is absolutely fantastic too. EVERYONE should listen to it if they can. Its just as good as any of her other stuff.
So anyway has it been confirmed that shes composing this one?

Gizmo_Monkey said:
Yeah her OZ ost is absolutely fantastic too. EVERYONE should listen to it if they can. Its just as good as any of her other stuff.
So anyway has it been confirmed that shes composing this one?
I think we can say with reasonable certainty that 33% of the game will enjoy Yamane composition, while 66% will not.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
For those of you with a Fry's Electronics near you.... they're advertising the game for $24.99 and in stock on Thursday before noon....

MarkMan said:
4:3...

Also.. Saw this random guy at E 4 all walking around with a whip... I asked to take a pic with him and he let me hold his whip... Cool dude...

1655830541_5687429f2c.jpg

Game is almost here guys! Hope everyone enjoys it!

And if anyone is interested, or hasn't seen it yet... I still have old coverage up of DXC and Castlevania week, which can be seen here. (just scroll down a bit)

LOL That guy's the Japanese Lee Van Cleef..

Lee%20Van%20Cleef.jpg

Takuhi

andrewfee said:
So, does anyone know where to get the pack that includes the soundtrack in the UK? YesAsia have the special edition pack for sale, but I don't think that's the one with the soundtrack. (which is the main thing I'd want - loved the soundtrack disc that came with Portrait of Ruin)

Himeya seems to be the only import shop selling that particular bundle, and the UK is on their list of countries they ship to.

http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php/products_id/8210

$108. Ouch. But I've ordered from them before, and have had no complaints.

GhostSeed

andrewfee said:
So, does anyone know where to get the pack that includes the soundtrack in the UK? YesAsia have the special edition pack for sale, but I don't think that's the one with the soundtrack. (which is the main thing I'd want - loved the soundtrack disc that came with Portrait of Ruin)

You can also buy the soundtrack separately.
http://www.vgmworld.com/catalog/index.php?table=cocoebiz_music&item_num=1323

Also I'm working a official thread for this game and it should be up shortly.

Cheerilee

Gizmo_Monkey said:
No. IGA confirmed it in a Play magazine interview.

Yamane did the soundtrack for SotN. Someone else did the soundtrack for Rondo, and it's one of the best Castlevania soundtracks ever (possibly better than anything Yamane has made, depending on your taste). Someone else again, new to the Castlevania series, is doing the Rondo Remake, and by most accounts it's significantly worse than the original music or Yamane's work.

Banned
Thanks for the links Takuhi and GhostSeed. That does seem quite expensive, and I'm not sure I want to get the Japanese version of the game. (unless it has an English language option of course) Perhaps I'll just pick up the soundtrack on its own.

Top Bottom