• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Why does it look bland and colorless, and why is the music awful?

Animation is dorky too. Shit, even the sound effects lack oomph. This looks awful!

MegaTen said:
The walking animation seems more like a... march. Music sounds good.

Yeah his walking animation is weird. Still looks pretty good, but... I don't know... something about it seems a little off. I'll need to see more.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
But there's more to Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles than a mere graphically-enhanced version of a long-coveted classic (although that alone would certainly sell the game to most people). According to Konami, Chronicles will also include the original 2D version of the game. And, for good measure, a straight port of Symphony of the Night, featuring full-screen graphics and a touched-up localization. Sorry, kitch addicts -- no more scenery-chewing here.

But there's more to Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles than a mere graphically-enhanced version of a long-coveted classic (although that alone would certainly sell the game to most people). According to Konami, Chronicles will also include the original 2D version of the game. And, for good measure, a straight port of Symphony of the Night, featuring full-screen graphics and a touched-up localization. Sorry, kitch addicts -- no more scenery-chewing here.

WOW

Mmmkay

Mejilan said:
Why does it look bland and colorless, and why is the music awful?

Animation is dorky too. Shit, even the sound effects lack oomph. This looks awful!
Pre-Beta:
Koji Igarashi's team still has a long way to go before the remake is ready for release -- voice clips are missing, the music is still placeholder-only, secrets (including a playable Maria Renard) have yet to be added -- but even so, the addition of a third dimension does nothing to change the gameplay. Normally, 2.5D games feel slower and floatier than their flatter predecessors, but Rondo was a slow, precise game to begin with; the controls feel spot-on, even moreso than in the current gold standard, New Super Mario Bros.

Matix

pope-dance.gif
dance.gif

Bebpo

Banned
Looks good besides the walking animation which is just REALLY SLOW...at least compared to the recent DS games. They need to speed Richter up about 200x and then we'll be talking.

Though I'll buy it just to have the original and SoTN.

MoxManiac

The walking animation is fine by me; the belmonts (aside from julius, I guess) have always had funky power-walking animation, this might actually be an improvement. :lol

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Bebpo said:
Looks good besides the walking animation which is just REALLY SLOW...at least compared to the recent DS games. They need to speed Richter up about 200x and then we'll be talking.

Though I'll buy it just to have the original and SoTN.
he moved slow in the original version too, after all this is remake so eh... I dont expect them to change anything aside from graphics.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Looks...okay. The music doesn't sound anywhere near as good as the original Rondo Of Blood's, either. But since the game is also going to include the original, it really doesn't matter. :D Even though I can already play Rondo of Blood and SOTN on PSP, I'm all over this. Can't wait!!

LJ11

Walking animation aside, looks pretty good. Good to hear that they're including SOTN and original X. :)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
it's more important to maintain the feel of the original than to gussy up the animation -- perhaps they could do both, i dunno. belmonts limp, though i suppose this might be news to metroidvania types.

MoxManiac

krypt0nian said:
Wipeout was a launch title. The hacked update is just the new shit.

Yeah. I loved Wipeout from the start too..just people are like lol PSP isn't worth it when there are things like Wipeout and 3.03 OE-C that prove it clearly is!

Bebpo

Banned
Error2k4 said:
he moved slow in the original version too, after all this is remake so eh... I dont expect them to change anything aside from graphics.

Yeah I never played Rondo before. Only played I-IV casually and then everything from SoTN on. So I look forward to finally having a chance to play Rondo.

Johnas

I was just thinking,

If this is the big Castlevania news, what does that say about the two 1999 games or whatever? Was that a different rumor than this?

Edit: Just read some more of the KGD thread. Seems bogus.

Top Bottom