• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles

Christopher

Why a competition already in this thread "bubub DS original games". Buy both if you want to play both. Looks good, Castlevania 4 got my pretty horny on Castlevania games so I'll give this a shot if you guys are jizzing over it that much

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
holy shit @ divine storm part... wow just wow.

this game needs A LOT of work the remake at least.

fse

Looks nice, about what I expected. Hopefully this looks good on my psp, damn refresh rate on it.
Gonna be a good year. Castlevania PSP and a new DS game perhaps :eek: :D

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
and besides, nintendo fans get...dewey defeats truman. from the team that brought us elebits. that's pretty exciting. so...you know...pretend to like that instead of whining about this.

Christopher said:
Why a competition already in this thread "bubub DS original games". Buy both if you want to play both. Looks good, Castlevania 4 got my pretty horny on Castlevania games so I'll give this a shot if you guys are jizzing over it that much

I agree. If you look I was responding to the dumb idea that anyone was being slapped in the face by this.

Jenga

Banned
Soul4ger said:
So? Rondo is like a new game for 99% of people. And very coveted, too, if the prices on eBay are any indication. I'm sure DS will still get new games, and, to be perfectly honest, I've been hankering a PSP Castlevania game for a while, just for the music possibilities alone... But still, that's a great package, with a lot of content.
What music possibilities? This is pretty much a straight-up port. (aside from the 3D remake)

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
I've already got SotN running on my PSP so it's a nice bonus but not the killer app.

I really really dug Ultimate GnG though so I look forward to Drac X and the limitless possibilities of 2.5D!

I wonder why Igarashi doesn't just create the ultimate uber-2D sprites game on PSP and be done with it? It's not like you'd be alienating the audience you're trying to sell this compilation to with the prospect that it's 2D as opposed to 3D. :p

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
Awesome compliation. This will win hands down as the #1 PSP game to get this Holiday 2007.

I hope Konami takes this one-step further by offering a sweet preorder bonus box, like what the did with Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin for DS. Can you imagine the possiblities they could entice you with? An artbook, a music soundtrack CD, a Richter/Maria/Alucard wriststrap, a Dracula X PSP cover shell (a la Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops).....yes, I would like this as icing on my cake thank you very much. Do it Konami!!!

todayzee

[shameless self-promo]
You know I heard that The 1UP Show will have this hawtness on tomorrow (effing finally). Tons more footage and a couple stages you're not gonna get to see anywhere else.
[/shameless self-promo]
:D

Jenga

Banned
Amir0x said:
'aside from the 3D remake' haha
LOLOL.jpg

Matix

I'll admit the 3D does look a tad bit rough (still early though), but this is definitely the right direction for the Castlevania series future (way better than low-res 2D sprites or bad 3rd person C64 shit). With a little tweaking, this new 2.5D design can do wonders for the franchise.

jett

D-Member
You know, let's be honest here. Compared to Capcom's Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins, this ugly thing just looks like shit.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The Kojima artwork looks great. Game is obviously still in development. Music isn't good...how could you ruin that music?

Jenga

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
The Kojima artwork looks great. Game is obviously still in development. Music isn't good...how could you ruin that music?
Judging from the trailer, it looks like they're going for a mix of hard rock/orchestrated versions of all the songs. They should have just got the guys who did the Perfect Battle hard Rock OSTs...

jett said:
You know, let's be honest here. Compared to Capcom's Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins, this ugly thing just looks like shit.
That's what I was thinking. We've seen a few really outstanding 2D classics brought to the PSP in style over the years. But this just looks like it was handed off to another team. I mean, watching the video I get the feeling it just isn't going to be fun to play. I hope to hell I'm wrong.

White Man

krypt0nian said:
Again, that does not make it a slap to the DS' face. Bully for both I say.

Oh, I didn't mean to intend that it's a slap in the DS's face. I'm just saying that the series has gone to toilet town in the time between SotN's release and now.

READ. THE. THREAD. The music is placeholder.

Odrion

Banned
Those modernized graphics looks ****ing odd, yet appealing. Like it's calling out the part of me that lusted for those 1990s games with the really odd pre-rendered graphics.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
White Man said:
READ. THE. THREAD. The music is placeholder.

Even if it's not, I don't see the music being bad. Wtf? As if GAF wasn't annoying enough with the 'art' shit...

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
sp0rsk said:
I do not want a touched up localization of SOTN.

i do. i've got the japanese version and the domestic, and every time i try to play the domestic i stop in fear that the silly dialogue will ruin the game for me. now someone needs to confirm a new translation for ff tactics.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't think it looks bad. That's crazy.

They have some work to do is all and they have time to do it.

TreIII

sp0rsk said:
I do not want a touched up localization of SOTN.

If it's a touched localization, with the Saturn version being used instead, I'd be all for it.

And the infamous leaker pretty much said that it is indeed the SAT version being implemented. If they fix the slowdown, maybe I might have an excuse to get this thing after all...

Kuroyume

Banned
Oblivion said:
Why? Didn't that game suck?

No. It's the second best Castlevania after Castlevania IV. Most of the haters haven't even played it.

01 Castlevania 4
02 Castlevania 64
03 whatever else

Jenga

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
i'll care if maria is playable in SOTN...
Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

Kuroyume said:
No. It's the second best Castlevania after Castlevania IV. Most of the haters haven't even played it.

01 Castlevania 4
02 Castlevania 64
03 whatever else
Bullshit.

TheMWord

Q: If I never played SOTN, should I be hyped for this or the Live Arcade release? ie. does nostalgia play a huge factor?

I've played the DS castlevanias (and the NES ones heh) but never SOTN. I'm sure I'm not the only one...

Matix

evilromero said:
That's what I was thinking. We've seen a few really outstanding 2D classics brought to the PSP in style over the years. But this just looks like it was handed off to another team. I mean, watching the video I get the feeling it just isn't going to be fun to play. I hope to hell I'm wrong.

Even if the remake does turn out somewhat disappointing (which will be your fault for jinxing it), you still have 2 of the best ****ing Castlevania games EVER to fall back on (the original Rondo + an enhacned Saturn version of STON). Either way, you can't lose (except if you don't have a PSP) ;P

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
if they actually are basing it off of the Saturn version, they better do something about the mesh transparencies.

White Man said:
Oh, I didn't mean to intend that it's a slap in the DS's face. I'm just saying that the series has gone to toilet town in the time between SotN's release and now.

Oh I know. :) I was initially responding to some oddballs suggestion that it was a slap.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Great googilymoogily!!

Re, the 3D looking rough:

I direct the court's attention to exhibit A: Castlevania - Portrait of Ruin

Anybody remember how awful the animation of the main characters was and how rough other bits were until just a few months before release? When it comes to 2D (I figure this counts) Castlevania games, Have Faith in the IGA Side of the Force.

Come on man, don't let us down.

Regardless, who cares, it's tweaked SotN and oldschool PC Engine Rondo in the palm o' yo freakin' hand!

Finally a port for the PSP of a game I don't already own (and I'm actually interested in)! Sony still needs to drop the price by $50, but I'll be keeping a lookout for sales and other such deals...

Top Bottom