• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced

Endless

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Emerges from the Dark

Konami Digital Entertainment has announced details of its upcoming extensive new DLC for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2.

Entitled ‘Revelations’, the new content will be released on March 25 for Xbox Live Games on Demand and PlayStation Network, and follows fan-favorite Alucard as exclusive new branches of the immersive storyline are uncovered. Alucard, the turned son of Gabriel, has shunned human life for many years, choosing to hunt only creatures of the night. The DLC takes place just before the apocalyptic events of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, where Alucard readies for his father’s return and the forthcoming battle against Satan. As the plot unfolds, it begins to reveal how the lone vampire is inextricably linked to his father’s fate.

‘Revelations’ takes place within the epic world seen in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2. Playing as Alucard, gamers must discover the legendary vampire’s secrets, unearth the true extent of his involvement in Dracula’s story, and set in motion the events of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2. The DLC expands the incredible story of the recently-released sequel, with the fate of the Belmont clan unveiled. Alucard has his own unique, powerful abilities, including use of the Glaciem and Igneas powers, in addition to vampiric abilities which allow him to transform into a wolf, a swarm of bats and even turn back time. Blood also fuels capabilities, as drinking the blood of enemies will intensify immortal powers.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is available now on the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, Xbox Live Games on Demand, PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, PlayStation Network, and Steam for PC. Its sumptuous 3D world and epic quest are now enhanced and extended with all-new locations, and the chance to experience familiar ones, via the ‘Revelations’ DLC available on March 25th for Xbox Live Games on Demand and PlayStation Network.

dugdug

Banned
Getting Robb Stark and hiding him behind the DLC and 10% of the main game. Just another bewildering choice in the making of LoS2.

RPGCrazied

Hope its better than the first game set of DLC, it was really bad.

I'm still waiting for the price to drop on LoS 2 before buying.

Wish I could be excited by this, but there's just no way. Fairly mediocre game and terrible sequel, there's just no way I'm putting more cash into Lords Of Shadow 2. They seem to have bizarrely skipped pc anyway.

Oh goodie! March 25th already, I need to hurry with the main game before this comes out.

Wait, why is there no mention of PC? I hope this is an error.

scitek

I couldn't finish the DLC for the first game. It was torturous. It was like it was designed by an entirely different team.

Respawn

Banned
I couldn't finish the DLC for the first game. It was torturous. It was like it was designed by an entirely different team.
Tell me about it. Some of the play mechanics to get from one place to the next was insane.
I lashed my way through the main game to be hampered by fucking ledges in the dlc.

Miguel81

I finished the 1st DLC last night, and I thought it was pretty good(PC). Is the second part bad or something?

Ahasverus

Really this could redeem the game. Castle only, no stealth, more boss battles and no lame ending. If it's longer than 5 hours it would be the real LoS2 as far as I am concerned. 10/10?
I finished the 1st DLC last night, and I thought it was pretty good(PC). Is the second part bad or something?
Both are ultra frustrating.

Alucard has his own unique, powerful abilities, including use of the Glaciem and Igneas powers, in addition to vampiric abilities which allow him to transform into a wolf, a swarm of bats and even turn back time. Blood also fuels capabilities, as drinking the blood of enemies will intensify immortal powers.

This is an awfully roundabout way of saying 'we reskinned all of Dracula's powers, he plays exactly the same' :p

I'll keep an eye on this. I think I liked LoS2 overall, and I could definitely go for a bit more of it if this DLC focuses on the good stuff. Is it confirmed to have no stealth?

Schlomo

It's basically a long trial-and-error jumping/climbing sequence followed by one of the toughest bosses I ever fought. Took me a LOT of retries and swearing but in the end it was pretty satisfying to beat him.

Zetta

A bit soon for DLC but whatever I'll take it. Some of those shots looks really good,lets just hope that they add two more after this. One for Victor and another for
an actual ending
. I never understood all the hate the first set of DLC got, I mean I understand the frustration in them but they were fun nonetheless. Boss fight was really good and the story to how he became so powerful was great.

malfcn

Hope its better than the first game set of DLC, it was really bad.

I'm still waiting for the price to drop on LoS 2 before buying.

no pc release? no price?

Horrendous. Probably the worst DLC I've played.

Played the game, but not the DLC. If I remember correctly, the DLC wasn't planned for in advance. They didn't expect the game to do as well as it did, or at least didn't expect the demand for DLC. They wanted to give fans something and that's the reason it turned out poorly. Even they admitted the DLC was rough.

No mention of a PC release? Surprised honestly.

No mention of the DLC releasing for PC? :|

Idiotic if it doesn't come to PC.

Oh goodie! March 25th already, I need to hurry with the main game before this comes out.

Wait, why is there no mention of PC? I hope this is an error.
According to steamdb.info:-
ibtgSMsaIxoyf.PNG

Also, using a "certain method" on my Steam copy of CLOS2 with data from steamdb.info yields the following interesting screen:-

Of course, since the content itself is not there and it hasn't been released yet, the game crashes right after selecting that DLC in the "Additional Content" menu.

It's definitely coming guys, rest assured.

According to steamdb.info:-

Also, using a "certain method" on my Steam copy of CLOS2 with data from steamdb.info yields the following interesting screen:-

Of course, since the content itself is not there and it hasn't been released yet, the game crashes right after selecting that DLC in the "Additional Content" menu.

It's definitely coming guys, rest assured.

Phew! Thank you for clarifying. I should use steamdb myself more often.

VARIA

Another reason to wait on purchasing this game. I'll get the eventual "ultimate edition" version of this game.

Ahasverus

The best part of this is that the new Castlevania team will be announced shortly (the ones working on the next DLC).

Ahasverus

There will be an other DLC?
It was planned at some point. We do't know for certain it will happen, but three packs were planned according to sources. Alucard developed by Mercury, Victor and
Sonia Belmont. Yes, that one.
both developed by a new team who will be possible the next developer of the series.
New Team? Tell me it's not Spark Unlimited.
Probably Climax. They did the LoS1 PC port.

Played the game, but not the DLC. If I remember correctly, the DLC wasn't planned for in advance. They didn't expect the game to do as well as it did, or at least didn't expect the demand for DLC. They wanted to give fans something and that's the reason it turned out poorly. Even they admitted the DLC was rough.

DLC for the first game was literally announced a month or two before the game actually came out.

I'll probably get it. I like their take on Alucard, and I enjoyed the base game enough to play some more. I just hope Alucard actually plays significantly different, I don't want just a reskinned Gabe.

Top Bottom