• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania LOS 2 WiiU? "Sorry to disappoint you"

As for the ports, pretty much all of the Wii U ports were outsourced except for like Ninja Gaiden 3:RE, Assassin's Creed 3, Black Ops 2, and Tekken TTT 2. Not sure about Batman.
AC3 was handed off to Ubi Quebec and Batman AC to WB Montreal.

Sonic ASR2 and Trine 2 were done inhouse by the same teams though (and are arguably the two best launch ports).

deviljho

Ubisoft said it would push Rayman Legends release from November 2012 to Q1 2013 back in October. Saturo Iwata admitted that Nintendo had intentionally delayed the reelase of a few of its developed and/or published titles due to being pleased with third-party support at launch. We don't know exactly which titles he was referring to, but we can take a guess. As for the ports, pretty much all of the Wii U ports were outsourced except for like Ninja Gaiden 3:RE, Assassin's Creed 3, Black Ops 2, and Tekken TTT 2. Not sure about Batman.

Right, I'm sure there are decisions based on timing and schedules rather than just development and polishing the games.

First point is, from launch until console end, I am "predicting" that many multiplatform ports will have some kind of flaw or annoying blemish. Whether it is a small online community, a later release date, graphical disparity, etc...

Second point is, Nintendo hardware is not JUST for Nintendo games. I'm expecting many third party exclusives. Preferably games for players over the age of 10, not necessarily "hardcore" games, but "deep, rich" games. Games that use any of the hardware features, gyroscope, touch screen, 2nd screen, wiimote+/nunchuck, ANY OR ALL, are welcome.

but no chance.

lol

I love how he said it.

wiiU. enjoy the game droughtTM.

This is lame news just because Wii U needs all the games it can get right now but if its anything like the first game your just missing out on a mediocre game dressed up nice.

and here's the when the games not on the console, its good, because its crap anyhow defence force. gotta love it man.

Its meta score is 80+

Hiltz

Right, I'm sure there are decisions based on timing and schedules rather than just development and polishing the games.

First point is, from launch until console end, I am "predicting" that many multiplatform ports will have some kind of flaw or annoying blemish. Whether is it a small online community a later release date, graphical disparity, etc...

Second point is, Nintendo hardware is not JUST for Nintendo games. I'm expecting many third party exclusives. Preferably games for players over the age of 10, not "hardcore" games, but "deep, rich" games. Games that use any of the hardware features, gyroscope, touch screen, 2nd screen, wiimote+/nunchuck, ANY OR ALL, are welcome.

Well, as far as Ubisoft goes, we know it released a handful of games for the holiday season last year. I think the only one not released on Wii U was jus Far Cry 3. I don't recall if part of the reason was wanting to fine tune Rayman Legends as well.

The problem is third-party exclusives have been a dying breed on HD platforms this generation, so how is Wii U going to convince third-party publishers to support it with exclusives? Wii's exclusives mostly consisted of niche original IPs and spin-offs due to the combination of cheaper development costs, mixed userbase, and the console technically not being ideal for multiplatform support. Of course, Wii U development costs aren't goig to be quite as cheap in comparision to Wii's. Although, Ubisoft said porting games to Wii U for them was "Say less than a million Euro to make some of the ports, I would estimate. So together I don't think we have a huge investment on the Wii U."

CronoShot

It's really shocking how terrible third party support is for the Wii U. The launch support wasn't half bad, but since then there's been absolutely nothing announced or really even hinted at. Third parties just don't seem to give a shit.

Step your game up, Nintendo.

yikes poor nintendo their going to have to heavily depend on their first party titles for awhile...but please make some original IPs at least.

Michael-scott-no-god-no.gif

For some reason this .gif loaded slowly. It was actually better to watch. Go figure.

Also, fine by me.

deviljho

Although, Ubisoft said porting games to Wii U for them was "Say less than a million Euro to make some of the ports, I would estimate. So together I don't think we have a huge investment on the Wii U."

I get what you are saying about 3rd party exclusives. Maybe Nintendo will think it is good to pick and choose studios and publish those games like Lego City or Razor's Edge rather than have more internal teams.

But it's clear that some publisher's don't even want to spend that 1 million euro to port their game over. And even if Wii U saw more multiplatform ports rather than exclusives, the downside would be poorer use of the unique hardware.

It'll be an interesting few years, I'm sure.

The title reminds me of a Wii U version of "Call Me Maybe" to developers. :(

lol

Bedlam

This is the first time I've heard this opinion (and multiple times in this thread!) and frankly its blowing my mind.
I, too, had WAY more fun with Lords of Shadow than with Bayonetta. Have at you!

I'm currently playing through it for the fifth time and it's really the best thing to happen to the Castlevania franchise since SotN.

Davey Cakes

I can't tell if this is surprising or not.

I guess I took for granted the idea that an equally-powerful system would receive the same games but apparently it is a lot more complicated than that.

In an ideal world, less ports would mean more unique Wii U-only experiences from third parties but something tells me that we're only going to see modest efforts of that kind.

Top Bottom