• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt Announces Modding Tools for The Witcher 3

winjer

Gold Member
Imagine the sex mods.....

Season 8 Wow GIF by The Office

Phase

That's cool and all, but after my 100hr playthrough the first time I can't see myself ever playing through again. Now, if someone developed something similar to Nehrim or Enderal like they did for ES that could be enticing.

Denton

A bit bizzare, but better late then never. It's a good way to ensure it will never stop being played and purchased, although it of course assumes people will still be interested in creating stuff for it.

Hell, if it is comprehensive enough, we could see new expansions being made, fully voiced and all that.

Two of my favourite RPGs of the last half a decade are free "mods" (I dislike calling them that because they are better than most AAA games) - Enderal and Archolos.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Maybe the community can make the game less ugly by today’s standards. Even on max settings the game just hasn’t held up at all visually for me yet Witcher 2 looks fantastic.

I can see some motivated individual do a MOD and ports Witcher 1 into that engine. There is already a Witcher 3 mod of the Witcher 1 Kaer Morhen section done without any of the tools.

Denton

I can see some motivated individual do a MOD and ports Witcher 1 into that engine. There is already a Witcher 3 mod of the Witcher 1 Kaer Morhen section done without any of the tools.
Witcher 1 is getting UE5 remake by Fools Theory and CDP.
I would prefer if people created new expansions or book short story adaptations.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Hell yes! Long live my favorite game ever. I know its late but I'll take it, would love a reason to fire that bad boy back up and do something fresh.

Roni

Gold Member
WolvenKit has been a thing for a while... Wonder if they're just gonna make that irrelevant.

skit_data

Would be cool if they'd release some really good, quality controlled mods for the consoles but I figure that's just a pipe dream

StereoVsn

Does Cyberpunk have similar mod tools available? Would love to see story overhauls or area adds and so on there.

Top Bottom