• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDP estimates show that Cyberpunk already cover it's development and marketing costs

Jesus fucking christ, you people and complaining about CDPR.

For months this year so many people complained and whined that the game was in development for too long and the constant delays was borderline annoying as they kept pushing it back more and more.

And now they're corporate slaves to their investors because they rushed it out?

Fuck outta here.

If they were SO enslaved to their investors, the game would have released months ago, if not late last year in far far worst conditions.

The game isnt playable on the PS4 and XBOthat much is true and I won't deny it. That is unacceptable.

But the game itself runs pretty perfectly and completely fine on the PC and new current game consoles.

Remember Fallout 4? Or hell, Fallout 76? Anthem? Andromeda?

These are HUGE games that were released by major publishers and came out close to unplayable or terrible games that were obviously rushed.

Cyberpunk ain't it fam.

They didnt rush it, they just had a bigger vision than originally thought when in early development and they shot themselves in the foot announcing the game too early and forever tying themselves down to developing the game for PS4 and XBO instead of just the PC and next gen consoles.

If the game ran like trash on all platforms, sure.

But if my medium rig can run it at Ultra to High settings and experience zero game breaking bugs, just the usual glitch here and then, it's not a rushed job - just that the last gen consoles have finally met their end.

My advice would be to be buying their stock big time right now.

For a studio that makes 1 game every 7 years and they are generally buggy pieces of crap at launch?

I think they are wildly overvalued at nearly 8-10 billion or whatever. They just don't churn out a lot of content, so they put all their eggs in one huge basket. It's pretty damn risky.

Not saying it ISN'T necessarily a good investment, it could be. But there's a ton of risk.

pratyush

I am not angry at them because I know they will improve the product in next 6 months and it will run fine on next gen consoles. Trust is coming after seeing the support Witcher 3 got and how messy it was when it was released. But last gen consoles performance may not get better. Bit disappointed that runs the way it does on last gen consoles but understandable. They should not have sold it on last gen consoles at all.

Those who mention RDR2 performance really needs to understand that this game landscape is more demanding than RDR2. Even RDR 2 struggles when you enter village areas on last gen consoles. Cyberpunk has more density than RDR2 when it comes buildings and complexity.

Sometimes releasing the game is important because of cost over run and I wouldn't want one of the best game developers out there to go out of business. But they certainly need to plan their product better than what they did this time. Hopefully next gen patch arrives soon.

Last edited:
I find it funny how many people defend CDPR as if their own life is on the line or something....they need to join Apologists 'R Us or something. Doesn't matter if they're playing on a PC, or if their case is that last gen consoles have had their day and people 'should have known' or some similar argument. The facts are that this game was released at full price on these machines, CDPR hid or took down all the footage they could of the base machines and only fed review code to the PC sites, and blabbed about mythical day one patches to deflect as much as they could. Why did they do this other than to try and milk every sale they could from console owners before the console reviews appeared. They knew exactly what they were doing, it was cynical, unpleasant and just a poor choice from them.

I haven't bought this game, and probably won't ever after this shit show of a display, even if they sort the PS5 version out at some point. They've lost all their integrity over the past week and my moral compass isn't quite so fucked up that I'm willing to overlook that. YMMV.

MHubert

Ah. in moderation.

As long as you have your flat, a living room, an OLED, a console to play games on, then Capitalism is fine and dandy and cam make the strides it wants. God forbid the rest of the world should want the same comforts. No. That's where the moderation part kicks in. You've got your share, the rest of the planet can go fuck themselves and remain in abject poverty.

Oh, the juvenile disdain for money, oh, that awful thing called wealth I despise while I play videogames on my 500 dollar console on my 2,000 dollar OLED.

That terrible thing called wealth that allows people to live longer, live happier, live healthier, pursue their happiness according to their values, oh, that tenebrous thing called money that has taken humanity out of the dark cave of barbarism into civilization.

Please, Mr. Lister wants it in extreme moderation. Won't people comply? Won't they do what they're told?

Mr. Lister will take a commercial break from his play session on PS5 to lecture the planet on the pure evils of money.
Jeebus, here I was thinking that 'smelling your own farts' was a figure of speech.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Not surprising. Neither are the stock fluctuations. It's a game company that had a meteoric rise and has to now live up to completely unreasonable expectations.

Game is absolutely incredible on PC. The scope is mind boggling and the world is engaging. This will be amazing on console as well, unfortunately just not yet.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
It wouldn't have achieved this so quickly if they actually paid and treated their employees fairly.

I think the biggest issue is most likely that they don’t pay overtime just salary. And I am a salaried worker but I rarely work without being paid. And when I work over I get Straight time (my regular rate).

I think it would go a long way just to pay employees for the time they worked and then used a bonus structure based on the games sales.

SNPlayen

I think this game will have long legs, much like Witcher 3. As bad as it is, it’s almost a smart strategy releasing the game in current state. In months time they will show the improvements in the game, mostly on pc and next gen, be back in the mindshare and get those sales bumps, much like Witcher has over the years.

Bkdk

Only the environment design is top notch, everything else is around 5-7.5/10 at best. A lot of the mission and quest areas’ level design is actually worse than the recent deus ex games, Bet inexperience really impact the development hard, they were spending so much time just to fix bugs, also most of them are likely easily avoidable bugs as well if they had more experience making open world cities. The money they made is very impressive though.

Also I feel biggest winner could be Ubisoft, they managed to pump out so many mediocre to somewhat good open world games in such short amount of time, cp2077 makes them look super impressive. Assembly line open world production does have a lot of its upside, reduce risks, shorten development time, stable profits.

Also Bethesda could release starfield much sooner as cyberpunk is nowhere near polished, they will be a lot more confidant releasing starfield at somewhat buggy state.

Last edited:

yuadesa

Honestly we just need to give it time. The game will have the next gen patch. It'll have patches for the bugs. It'll probably have monstrous Witcher 3 sized DLCs. The legacy of this game is going to be better than the Witcher. People can whine and moan all they want but they know they want but Rockstar has a true competitor right now.

If there is any company that will continue to support their games and give you value for your money it will be CDPR. They released enhanced editions of the first two witcher games for FREE, tons of free DLC for witcher 3, meaty old school expansion packs instead of shitty microtransactions. They are one of the most consumer friendly developers working today, there is no doubt they will fix the problems and continue to do better than 99% of the rest of the industry.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
For a studio that makes 1 game every 7 years and they are generally buggy pieces of crap at launch?

I think they are wildly overvalued at nearly 8-10 billion or whatever. They just don't churn out a lot of content, so they put all their eggs in one huge basket. It's pretty damn risky.

Not saying it ISN'T necessarily a good investment, it could be. But there's a ton of risk.

Oh they are definitely overvalued. I would not buy stock in them, even if I love Cyberpunk (which I do) and Witcher. The fact that Bethesda and Ubisoft are valued cheaper than CDPR should tell anyone something about how overvalued they are. Even if those companies arguably don't produce as good of a game as CDPR (arguably because Skyrim anyway would be something to the caliber of a CDPR game, I think), they produce far more games that still make a lot of money.

oagboghi2

Jesus fucking christ, you people and complaining about CDPR.

For months this year so many people complained and whined that the game was in development for too long and the constant delays was borderline annoying as they kept pushing it back more and more.

And now they're corporate slaves to their investors because they rushed it out?

Fuck outta here.

If they were SO enslaved to their investors, the game would have released months ago, if not late last year in far far worst conditions.

The game isnt playable on the PS4 and XBOthat much is true and I won't deny it. That is unacceptable.

But the game itself runs pretty perfectly and completely fine on the PC and new current game consoles.

Remember Fallout 4? Or hell, Fallout 76? Anthem? Andromeda?

These are HUGE games that were released by major publishers and came out close to unplayable or terrible games that were obviously rushed.

Cyberpunk ain't it fam.

They didnt rush it, they just had a bigger vision than originally thought when in early development and they shot themselves in the foot announcing the game too early and forever tying themselves down to developing the game for PS4 and XBO instead of just the PC and next gen consoles.

If the game ran like trash on all platforms, sure.

But if my medium rig can run it at Ultra to High settings and experience zero game breaking bugs, just the usual glitch here and then, it's not a rushed job - just that the last gen consoles have finally met their end.
Say it for the people in the back.

Your base PS4 and xbox one are fucking old. It's time to upgrade. Seeing people try to run 2020 games on 2011 tech, and complaining it isn't stable is amazing.

Hugare

Embarassing to see so many people acting like CDPR's little pet

If it was EA or Ubi pulling some shit like this, that would be a whole different story

No matter if you are having a good experience or not, CDPR fucked up. And you people have to admit it regardless of how much you guys are enjoying the game.

How fucking selfish. "It's not my problem, I have a decent PC". It could be you in the future being lied to, dickhead.

They blatanly lied saying that current gen versions were running "surprisingly well", at the same time not showing any footage, ever.

You have every outlet out there saying that the game is unplayable on current gen consoles. A product that they have paid $60 for it.

I played The Witcher 3 at launch, and that game game looked like a diamond in terms of polish compared to this shit.

Besides Novigrad, Crookback Bog and some cinematics, you had 30 fps most of the time on the open world. In Cyberpunk you simply dont play at 30 fps on base consoles.

Regardless if the base consoles are not powerful enough to run the game, they've deceived their customers, and they should get shit for it. Period.

Top Bottom