• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR has more than 80 open positions on their website just for Cyberpunk 2077

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
It goes from cinematic and gameplay animator to lighting artist, level designer and senior programmer. Jobs are for both studio:

unknown.png
unknown.png

It seems CDPR is still planning on deliver 2 expansions and a multiplayer mode for Cyberpunk 2077.

Reported by Reddit user Fiftyfiive (here)

Hinedorf

Banned
Amazing to think they made such a preprofit from that massively average pile of shit.

Should abandon cyberpunk altogether IMO, and also abandon giving game release dates as clearly this is something the company has no grasp of.

ramuh

W3 patch is being made by Saber

Yeah, I believe that they are planning a comeback, basically a relaunch for next gen consoles

Bold move, lets see how that will work out
Oh didn't know that! A redesigned 2.0. Wonder if they fixed the police a.i.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
Amazing to think they made such a preprofit from that massively average pile of shit.

Should abandon cyberpunk altogether IMO, and also abandon giving game release dates as clearly this is something the company has no grasp of.
I think it will be like the way Solo was (it did poorly) at the box office because it followed The Last Jedi, a truly bigger piece of dogshit. The impact of Cyberpunk's success/failure will definitely be seen with whatever next paid release they do. I think any success Cyberpunk had was a lot of good will following Witcher 3.

But hey, it will be interesting to see what employees who left CDPR will do...

https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrai...rom-former-the-witcher-3-cyberpunk-2077-devs/

Mozzarella

LOL it looks like a lot of people left the studio, and i totally understand their decisions.
Or you know what maybe they want more workforce, but is that going to help? we'll find out in the year 2077.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Very responsible of CDPR, hire 80 staff to speed up bug fixing.

Ezquimacore

Banned
I played the game at launch on pc and I enjoyed the story and the gameplay but hopefully they add a third person option, since they're basically developing the game again.

I just want my witcher 3 patch. Leave cyberpunk for the graveyard.

I actually have not played Cyberpunk 2077 and my plan was to hold out until a bug free next-gen version was released so I can play it on my PS5 with all the next-gen goodness. In hindsight it was very optimistic of me.

That being said, I'm actually more eager for the Witcher 3 patch, CDPR themselves are not handling it but a company called Saber Interactive and they sure seem to be taking their time with it, jokes aside fingers crossed we actually get it by the end of this year.

Freeman76

I enjoyed the gameworld so much, but stopped playing to wait for bugs to be ironed out and next gen patch. The possibilities for this world are mindblowing I just hope they get it sorted. The MP sounded amazing as well but maybe they will ditch that altogether?

seems strange. i'd have thought that vast majority of the game/dlc/expansions would've been done by now. we're 10 months out since launch. for comparison, at this point with The Witcher 3, we already had been playing Hearts of Stone for 5 months and we were 2 months away from Blood & Wine. The GOTY patch/edition was 5 months away.

all we've got to show for Cyberpunk so far is a bunch of patches and a new Johnny Silverhand appearance. i know they were hacked and sony delisted the game but really...by now we should have at least had all the free DLC, next gen version, and an announcement of the first expansion.

it's so obvious that the game had to come out december 2020 no matter what and the game definitely needed another year of development. it seems the only logical explaination. i'm hoping they have been working on expansions and all these hirings are for reworking the game. i mean there's a lot of cinematic jobs there....the game doesn't have cinematics. i might be a fool but i hope they are thinking of adding them back into the game like we say in the original gameplay trailer. i'm not getting my hopes up though.

anyway, i'm enjoying my time with the game. it feels rough and unfinished but i'm having a blast still. they obviously had incredible ideas and ambitions for the game but i think they chewed off more than they can handle.

I bought it again cheap last week ( bonus stickers still in the case) so hopefully by the time I'm done they're ready with the new bunch of content.
I love the story and Characters, the menus, fonts and systems are a cluster fuck though.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
It was a good game on PC. Not sure how they will do expansions when the endings are pretty final. Adding content before the ending feels shoehorned and unnecessary.

Butch_0451

I bought it again cheap last week ( bonus stickers still in the case) so hopefully by the time I'm done they're ready with the new bunch of content.
I love the story and Characters, the menus, fonts and systems are a cluster fuck though.
As part of the hunt, they’re looking for a UX designer so you might be in luck.

I think their strategy is to push for a relaunch so hard to a point that it will convince most that it only launched on next gen and that it will make people this mess.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
seems strange. i'd have thought that vast majority of the game/dlc/expansions would've been done by now. we're 10 months out since launch. for comparison, at this point with The Witcher 3, we already had been playing Hearts of Stone for 5 months and we were 2 months away from Blood & Wine. The GOTY patch/edition was 5 months away.

all we've got to show for Cyberpunk so far is a bunch of patches and a new Johnny Silverhand appearance. i know they were hacked and sony delisted the game but really...by now we should have at least had all the free DLC, next gen version, and an announcement of the first expansion.

it's so obvious that the game had to come out december 2020 no matter what and the game definitely needed another year of development. it seems the only logical explaination. i'm hoping they have been working on expansions and all these hirings are for reworking the game. i mean there's a lot of cinematic jobs there....the game doesn't have cinematics. i might be a fool but i hope they are thinking of adding them back into the game like we say in the original gameplay trailer. i'm not getting my hopes up though.

anyway, i'm enjoying my time with the game. it feels rough and unfinished but i'm having a blast still. they obviously had incredible ideas and ambitions for the game but i think they chewed off more than they can handle.
Yeah, i think anonympus developers have come out and said that they expected to release the game in 2022, and were blind sided by that fucking idiotic april 2020 announcement. They knew there was still at least two years of work that needed to be done

DarkestHour

Banned
I almost started playing this again last night and then remembered how dead the world is in the game. They have no excuse for it either since they did a decent job with Witcher 3's world. This isn't their first rodeo and shouldn't be an excuse for what is apparently mismanagement.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I almost started playing this again last night and then remembered how dead the world is in the game. They have no excuse for it either since they did a decent job with Witcher 3's world. This isn't their first rodeo and shouldn't be an excuse for what is apparently mismanagement.
Pick up The Ascent instead.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I started up Cyberpunk on my XSX just to see how it was looking. First thing I noticed is NPC pop-in happening right in front of me.

Nope. Not ready.

Fredrik

I'll be furious if they put out a next gen version and charge for it. I bought Cp2077 at launch and haven't played it as I've been waiting for the patch 🤣
I really wouldn’t bet on a free patch, I think they’ll do a proper next gen release, with marketing and all, and they’ll call it Definitive Edition (even though that has been out since day 1 on PC).

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I still don't know if I should keep on waiting or just play the game already.

Top Bottom