• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR need to be held accountable and should not get a pass just cause their CDPR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cyberpunk 2077 is doing something that no other major game has ever done, and demanding something of its players that even the industry's most famously consumer-unfriendly publishers have never quite dared to;
it's asking a very large proportion of its customers to buy the game sight unseen. Pre-launch, not a single outlet -- traditional press, streamers, YouTubers, nobody -- received code for the console versions of the game.
Those who reviewed the PC version, meanwhile, signed an NDA which meant that they couldn't upload any footage in their video reviews other than the b-roll provided by CDPR itself.
It's happening because CDPR knows it'll get away with it. If EA, Activision or Ubisoft did something like this, consumers would be up in arms, but the fuzzy warm of everyone's affection for The Witcher 3 surrounds CDPR like a snug blanket it like they can't do no wrong. I mean seriously, if literally any other studio released a game in this state or manipulated their consumers in this manner there would be riots.
CDPR should be held accountable. They have blatantly lied to us consumers, claiming that "The Game Ran surprisingly well on Older Gen consoles". This combined with intentionally not letting people review last gen console versions of the game despite knowing its abysmal state just comes off so bad, no matter how you spin it.
They delayed the game for almost a year, stating, in their own words that "...postponing the launch will give us the precious months we need to make the game perfect."
Did they just decide to not commit to this promise that they have told us multiple times throughout the last year? Is it unreasonable to ask that they don't give deadlines they can't commit to, and don't make promises they clearly don't plan on upholding?
If Bethesda pulled this shit (which they have in past.) they would be memed to oblivion and rightfully so. Fallout 76 is a far superior game then it was at launch but that games entire legacy is tarnished, as it should be, due to it's complete failure to live up to its promises and its buggy launch. I see no reason why CD Project Red should be treated differently.
It is frustrating. If these issues are just accepted silently, you end up with companies like EA who don't give a shit. CDProjectRed can't fix or improve on things they don't see the community talk about. Granted, people could definitely do with being more mature with some criticisms, but the frustration is completely valid.

One of my many issue other than the already stated lies and misleading advertisement for the game and the bugs and glitches and horrendous fram rates on base console are also
the terrible AI system and wile Night City is beautiful their literally nothing to do let me explain.
Los Santos in GTA 5 is a more living open world than Night City in Cyberpunk 2077. There's mini games, you can hang out with story characters, NPC's respond dynamically depending on location & who you're using, you can get haircuts, tattoos, go shopping, play golf with other mini games etc... Wile in Cyberpunk you get none of that for such a big open world to be so damn empty with nothing to do between mission and quest is horrible.
Another thing is the AI and police crime system is so bad Cops appear out of nowhere and disappear out of nowhere.
I can just killed someone in their apartment room and literally 3 cops magically appeared right behind me, in that same room. Then I can run outside the door, hide behind a vending machine, lost my wanted level, came back in and they will magically be gone in a room with only one exist. There's also no police car chases in open world free roaming gameplay.
The AI is so bad I was going to a weapons shop and had to walk past a cop to get in, and as soon as i got near him he shouts FUCK YOU and kills me. Seriously, how did this stuff get past the studio dev?
You can literally try and kill a random homless person with nobody anywhere near him yet all the police force suddenly know that you kill him despite no witnesses. The crime system is actually atrocious.
The AI also don’t know how to react to gunshots and fights, they run a couple of meters and then cower there. Had to shoot some guys in a bar for a side quest and an NPC blocked my way to the objective because he was cowering in the door, I tried to shoot next to him, but he never reacted, had to reload an older save to progress. The bartender never even cared and just stood in his place while I shot 3 ppl next to him.

It feels like CDPR spent most of the time and money on art direction, story and graphics that they forgot to make it an actual game.
I love the story and characters and writing, but the combat, loot and open world aspects feel so tacked on and cheap.
I feel so disconnected while walking around the world it feels like I’m watching a tv show. Sometimes while I’m driving around I forget I can actually get out of my car and walk around, but when I do I realize there’s pretty much no meaningful way to actually interact with the world.
Enemy AI is just terrible and clunky, I kill one person in the middle of the desert and cops somehow know about it and appear out of nowhere.
It just somehow feels like they spent the last 8 years making an interactive story, then tried to make it an open world RPG at the last minute.
This is not the most believable city in open world gaming. It isn't even close. It feels more like you're in the Truman Show.
Immersion involves things reacting the way that you expect them to. Nothing in this game reacts the way you would expect them to.
Nothing is interactable. There are no activities you can do to experience the culture of a dystopian city, Cyberpunk culture, or just a city in general. You cannot even alter your cosmetics, in a setting where cosmetic enhancement and fashion are integral. Not even a tattoo or haircut.
You shop for cars via receiving random texts from NPCs. You can't go to the bar and have a drink. NPC AI is atrocious. No AI is capable of anything beyond their scripted events. A guy is banging on a vending machine for eating his money, you hack it so it despenses all the food, and he continues to bang on the vending machine. Cops spawn out of nowhere and then despawn if you crouch in a corner for long enough. "Random assaults" are just a small group of gangsters standing over 1 dead guy. Arcade machines are everywhere but you cannot play them. Cars follow 1 scripted path and just stop working altogether if you park in front of them, and then when you turn away, they disappear and are replaced with a different car.
Nothing in this world is believable, and exploring the city is empty and shallow. You never feel like the world would continue living without you, you feel as if they'd despawn when you leave. These are issues that aren't going to be fixed by patches. These are issues that will hold the game back from being great forever.

Last edited:
0a1.jpg

John Day

In short, you ate hype and it bloated in your stomach.

Must learn to temper it, mate.

Been personally loving the game. I have faith they can fix the bugs, they have done so before.

🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom