• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR respond to unhappy fans about 'cutting' features from Cyberpunk 2077

cormack12

Gold Member
From the discord

99x5keG.png

SCB3

Are people that angry about things getting cut for time or restrictions? They do realise this can happen and devs hate it as well, not only that but there is a chance it can come back with DLC or updates later on

Gediminas

Banned
Dual wielding hands.

/jk

There was definitely wall running cut from the game.
fud. there was no wall running to begin with. demo 2018 shows how character hangs on the wall by mantis blades, that was it.

it is almost no info what was cut. apart from subway. they wanted to have cars customization, did they have it? no one knows but they said it that there is going to be no car customization. the same with multiple flats which you can own.

Fbh

This is one of the big reasons you shouldn't show or talk about your game too early. Start showing it once it's in late stages of development and most features are set in stone.

While on paper it's really interesting checking out a game early on and seeing how it evolves over time, it seems like in reality a lot of people are too unfamiliar with how game development (or large projects in general) work and they'll only get angry about some early concepts not making it into the final release.

Last edited:

Serianox

I'd much rather have things get cut from games and get a tighter experience than what happened with several kickstarter games that ended up with various half baked features because it was something they promised during the funding campaign but during development really didnt pan out or didn't have enough time or resourses to fully develop.

cormack12

Gold Member
fud. there was no wall running to begin with. demo 2018 shows how character hangs on the wall by mantis blades, that was it.

In an interview with GameReactor, Cyberpunk 2077 level designer Max Pears explained the decision. "Ah, the wall running - that is something that we removed due to design reasons, but there's still going to be a lot of flexibility in how you move, that's for sure."

tenor.gif

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
The cut Content in this game alone prob better Then most full games so I can understand the disappointment :messenger_sunglasses:

That they cut things are understandable, a lot of the times it's ideas that just have worked out badly and fixing them just aren't the best use of time.

That said, I take issue with a certain part of the statement: "Witcher 3 we also cut tons of stuff, but in the end all of it made the game better." That's just straight ass bullshit and makes you seem like you've got your head up your ass. The more apt thing would be to say that it made the game more focused and less buggy and raising the general levels of all the features. It's not making the game better, it's cutting away things they can't be arsed to fix for various reasons. It's more like taking away rough edges than anything.
Without considering that obvious part of unfinished things, I also doubt that all features cut were necessarily cut for the better. We - the consumers - don't have any way of judging that since we never got to experience them. Would everyone agree something cut was for the better? Definitely not, and lots of times developers bring back ideas they had to cut in the next iteration of a franchise.

Denton

Videogame development is all about compromises and making thousands decisions every day. It's quite the pain in the ass. CDP have good track record with prioritizing important stuff though.

Denton

I'm sympathetic to them but knowing how entitled gamers are, it was a bad idea making the 2018 press demo public. They should have learned these lessons from The Witcher 3 graphics debacle.
That demo raised the excitement tenfold and by all accounts won't be all that different from the final game. But even if it was, only a loud tiny minority of people would bitch about it anyway. It was definitely the right decision to publish it.

Gediminas

Banned
In an interview with GameReactor, Cyberpunk 2077 level designer Max Pears explained the decision. "Ah, the wall running - that is something that we removed due to design reasons, but there's still going to be a lot of flexibility in how you move, that's for sure."

tenor.gif
it was not implemented in full game and that's why it wasn't cut to begin with. how development of the full game showed, the idea was canceled because for the design reasons.

Jon Neu

Banned
The game looks absolutely stunning graphic wise and seems to be super detailed.

At this point, we should be happy that it's so close to launch and we can enjoy the game with a good perfomance on next gen consoles.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
This isn't news and applies to every game ever made of all time. But whatever. My only complaint would be the next gen upgrade not being available day one for Xbox Series X. But on the other side, I have 4 games for Nov/Dec/Jan with 2 games in February so I can wait for that upgrade in 2021.

There was wall running in the demo? I only saw the part where the player was hanging from the wall by the mantis blades. Was that cut? That looked awesome, and I’ll be sad to see it go.

This game will never live up to everyone’s expectations. I anxiously wait to see how successful it is with everyone complaining about it all the time.

Top Bottom